Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Could the binners go down?

I reckon the binners must be prime candidates to go down this year?They were a few points ahead of us a while back and we had played the same games. Now they are only 2 points ahead and played 2 more!!They must be in worse form than us, In fact I cant remember when they last won a league game?I can see the derby match being huge, If we can get ourselves out of trouble over the next few games? we could be able to really enjoy the Derby and whop a massive nail in their coffin!That would be great! I can see this happening. Come on Granty make it so. Would be as good as getting promoted relegating them to Div 1!

Shurley that should add motivation for our support, Derby day could be the day either us or them discovers their fate.

I just spoke to a friend who supports them and he said he would rather be in his position than ours, as although we are two points behind with two games in hand, they haven''t scored for about five games! I think we will both have to be careful, but I would rather be in our position.

[quote user="sussexcanary"]Pathetic.  I''m more worried about my own club what planet are you on ?[/quote]Not really pathetic, we have nothing left to play for this season other than survival which is hardly something we''re all going to be in the streets celebrating is it?  The only glory we have left to play for is the match against ipswich, and if that contributed to thier demise it would make up for all the disapointment this season. Let''s hope this happens and the scum end up where they belong League 1!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="sussexcanary"]Pathetic.  I''m more worried about my own club what planet are you on ?[/quote]

Not really pathetic, we have nothing left to play for this season other than survival which is hardly something we''re all going to be in the streets celebrating is it?  The only glory we have left to play for is the match against ipswich, and if that contributed to thier demise it would make up for all the disapointment this season. Let''s hope this happens and the scum end up where they belong League 1!
[/quote]

I agree 100%!

I would say that they could go down as could burnley and are about as

likely to go down as we are. If they haven''t scored for 5 games then I

would rather be in our position.

While I admit the possibility of relegation I do not think it likely.

If we drop a couple of place I will start to worry, or if the bottom 3

start beating teams above us.  I feel that leeds and southend are

almost certain to be relegated and QPR, Barnsley and Hull all look more

likely to go down than we do.

My assessment of the probabilities for the bottom half (in groups)

Palace, Leicester, Wednesday, Coventry  - safe, but need to avoid a very bad run. 5 % chance of relegation.

Burnley, Ipswich, Norwich, - safeish, need to avoid a bad run, a good run wouldn''t go amiss. 17 % chance of relegation.

Luton - safeish, need to avoid a bad run, a good run wouldn''t go amiss. 36 % chance of relegation.

Barnsley, QPR, Hull - In trouble, desperately need a good run, a bad run would sink them.  41 % chance of relegation

Southend, Leeds - Basicly gone, cant see either of them escaping barring freakish results.  85 % chance of relegation

2 notes:

I can see one of southend or leeds surviving based on the league,

however looking at each individually I couldn''t see either maaging it.

yes the probabilities do add to 300% or 3 relegations.

Dave Bassett was on SSN this morning talking about the bottom of the Championship. He reckons that one of either Norwich, Ipswich or Burnley will get sucked into the bottom 3 and go down, with Norwich the most likely.

Also at the moment, it''s looking more likely that Ipswich could put us down, not the other way around. They have scored more goals than us, conceded less and have points in the bag. I''m getting sick of hearing about us having games in hand. If we don''t win them, it means absolutely naff all!

I said on here last week that I was a little tempted to have a bet on piswich getting relegated. I do think there is more chance of them getting sucked in than us. However it''s unlikely either of us will and it could only be a fun bet because it''s them!

I can see where peoples fears fears of relegation are coming from and of course it''s a possibility. We could drop into the bottom 3 for the first time after the last game of the season and get relegated. However, we haven''t been in the bottom 3 all season so while I accept it could happen I think it''s unlikely.

For the record Corals current prices are:

Southend 4/6 Barnsley 4/5 Leeds 10/11 Hull Evs QPR 5/4 Luton 6/4 Burnley 7/1 Coventry 8/1 Norwich 12/1 Leicester 14/1 Ipswich 14/1.

Bluesquare are much the same except s*um are 12/1 and we are 14/1. Leicester are 33/1 with them mind, its a big price if you fancy some!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Dave Bassett was on SSN this morning talking about the bottom of the Championship. He reckons that one of either Norwich, Ipswich or Burnley will get sucked into the bottom 3 and go down, with Norwich the most likely.

Also at the moment, it''s looking more likely that Ipswich could put us down, not the other way around. They have scored more goals than us, conceded less and have points in the bag. I''m getting sick of hearing about us having games in hand. If we don''t win them, it means absolutely naff all!

[/quote]

Funny but I stated this about a month or so ago Alex... could just see them gloating scum b. @ast@rds driving one of the final nails in our coffin lid!!!

I think Magilton has done a good job there and they should be pretty ok by the time they visit us... where as I have said if we are to stay up that it will go right down to the wire (last 2 games of the season).

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

funnily enough the scum havent kept a clean sheet in 12 months

jas :)

The trouble is that the closer you go to the trap-door that leads to relegation, the more the pressure mounts in every game you play, home and away. With that pressure on players throughout the match, frightened of every mistake they may make, can you guarantee they will play to the best of their ability? I don''t think so. Another thing is, you often don''t get the luck you need when you''re at the wrong end of the table - whether it be injuries to important players or just too many decisions going against during games. Saturday''s match against Coventry now takes on a massive importance,  especially as our team lost last night. Lose on Saturday and we are in deep, deep trouble as confidence begins to ebb away and we hit that downward spiral with some force. Win, and hopefully the confidence can start to build once more.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Funny but I stated this about a month or so ago Alex... could just see them gloating scum b. @ast@rds driving one of the final nails in our coffin lid!!!

I think Magilton has done a good job there and they should be pretty ok by the time they visit us... where as I have said if we are to stay up that it will go right down to the wire (last 2 games of the season).

[/quote]I find it impossible to even imagine ipswich doing that to us, seriously the thought is just too horrible & painful my brain will not allow me to comprehend it. All i can see is ipswich fans crying as hucks completes his hatrick and the scum go down!

the binnies could releagte us.. and if they dont binnie burley could less than 7 days later!

Wouldnt it be ironic if we both went down?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

funnily enough the scum havent kept a clean sheet in 12 months

[/quote]

...and they''re still better than us!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I said on here last week that I was a little tempted to have a bet on piswich getting relegated. I do think there is more chance of them getting sucked in than us. However it''s unlikely either of us will and it could only be a fun bet because it''s them!

I can see where peoples fears fears of relegation are coming from and of course it''s a possibility. We could drop into the bottom 3 for the first time after the last game of the season and get relegated. However, we haven''t been in the bottom 3 all season so while I accept it could happen I think it''s unlikely.

For the record Corals current prices are:

Southend 4/6 Barnsley 4/5 Leeds 10/11 Hull Evs QPR 5/4 Luton 6/4 Burnley 7/1 Coventry 8/1 Norwich 12/1 Leicester 14/1 Ipswich 14/1.

Bluesquare are much the same except s*um are 12/1 and we are 14/1. Leicester are 33/1 with them mind, its a big price if you fancy some!

[/quote]

Was going to say myself that Leicester and Cov are starting to look pretty safe after last nights results and bearing in mind that one club has just been brought out by Mr Mandaric and the other has just got a good new manager...

Can''t see either of those two going myself or Ipswich either...

I think Burnley aren''t out of the woods yet and us or anybody below us could still go... pick any 3 from those 7 clubs really!!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I reckon the binners must be prime candidates to go down this year?

They were a few points ahead of us a while back and we had played the same games. Now they are only 2 points ahead and played 2 more!!

They must be in worse form than us, In fact I cant remember when they last won a league game?

I can see the derby match being huge, If we can get ourselves out of trouble over the next few games? we could be able to really enjoy the Derby and whop a massive nail in their coffin!

That would be great! I can see this happening. Come on Granty make it so. Would be as good as getting promoted relegating them to Div 1!
[/quote]

it just goes to show the problrms we have at this club,more worried about another team going down take your blind fold off and look at us we can still go down.

smudger, just interessted how you got 3 form 7?  surely 9 - Burnley, Ipswich, us, and the 6 below us.

[quote user="7rew"]smudger, just interessted how you got 3 form 7?  surely 9 - Burnley, Ipswich, us, and the 6 below us.
[/quote]

2 from 7 or 8 then... As I said above I can''t see Ipswich going... I also think that it is highly unlikely that Burnley will go (I know that they are in dreadful form but I think that Cotterill will see them safe and am quite Surprised to see them down here).

Think that you are really looking at any 3 from the current bottom 7 teams to be honest.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Cheer up everyone ...............we could still have our local derbies to look forward to.........in Division One !![/quote]

Not a hope of city going down , remember you have it first hand from old R.D. ,we are far too good , better players , better manager , better board , and don''t forget if things get sticky , the old pals act.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]How can you slate Norwich all the time IE the board Grant and the players ,then on the other hand you say that Magilton is doing a good job they are in no better postion than us you nugget honestly i dispair with your constant putting Norwich down all the time .

I think it is a glass half full or half empty question?I am confident that with Hucks back playing well, we will pick up 6 points against Luton and Barnsley. I am not so confident against Coventry with the Dowie/Mckenzie factor!I would just love to see us safe and in with a chance of dropping the binners in it! I guess my glass is half full?

[quote user="ray ducker"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Cheer up everyone ...............we could still have our local derbies to look forward to.........in Division One !![/quote]

Not a hope of city going down , remember you have it first hand from old R.D. ,we are far too good , better players , better manager , better board , and don''t forget if things get sticky , the old pals act.

[/quote]THEN WHY ARE WE IN SUCH A POOR POSITION?

AND WORTHINGTON HAS GONE SO DONT USE THAT.

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can you slate Norwich all the time IE the board Grant and the players ,then on the other hand you say that Magilton is doing a good job they are in no better postion than us you nugget honestly i dispair with your constant putting Norwich down all the time .
[/quote]

Where have I recently slated Grant???

I would not of chosen him as manager but am behind him 100%...  I slate players that I feel deserve slating... as for the board well we all know my feelings there!!!

Magilton is doing a good job at Ipswich in my opinion, I also think Grant is doing ok here... both managers have very little money to play with... however it is easier to see why Ipswich are struggling for finances when compared to ourselves.