Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Can all the new guys play in the FA Cup?

As Fotheringham and Lappin haven''t represented any other side in the FA Cup this season I think they should both be eligibile for the Blackpool replay.

I dont think they can play against Blackpool - I think you have to have the players on your books for the original tie for them to be able to play in the replay.  After that they are eligible.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

As Fotheringham and Lappin haven''t represented any other side in the FA Cup this season I think they should both be eligibile for the Blackpool replay.

[/quote]

Yes, under Uefa laws they have both been playing "abroad" (Scotland) so can play in the FA cup

jas :)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I dont think they can play against Blackpool - I think you have to have the players on your books for the original tie for them to be able to play in the replay.  After that they are eligible.[/quote]

that does sound familier

marshall and brown played against blackpool in the first match, so I

don''t see why they can''t play in the rest of the cup. (one was sent off

and the other almost motm.)

any players signed between the two games cannot play in the replay (even if they are not formally cup-tied) or have played abroad

cannot make the replay as I am working away  [:''(] but I can make the next round [;)]

that "cup tie" law is silly anyway.. they should scrap it! if someoen scores a winner against a team they played for c''est la vie

jas :)