Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Playoffs still feasible. Yep.

Yes, believe it or not.

12 wins (plus 2 draws & 2 losses) in our remaining 16 matches will almost certainly get us into the playoffs with 75 points.[Target 73-75 points based on last 6 years]

Bit of luck. Couple of deflections. Confidence builds. Quite possible.                                           

Remember Watford last year - into the playoffs after being about 20th at Xmas. Two more matches and -hey presto - the prem? Rookie manager too.

Will this be one of the years we live the dream?

One never knows - and that''s the delight of our game.

OTBC

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]''Dream'' was the right word to use...wake up and smell the coffee...[/quote]      Something tells me it''s not coffee he''s been drinking, if you know what I mean.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]watford were in the top half all season last year[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking. Can''t remember Watford being anywhere near that low.

"12 wins (plus 2 draws & 2 losses) in our remaining 16 matches will almost certainly get us into the playoffs with 75 points.[Target 73-75 points based on last 6 years]"

We will never get that.

Absolutely. Unlikely, but not impossible. 2 good loan players (defence & attack) & it''s an excellent squad, at this level.

It''s a funny old game.

As positive as any of us could be sadly the playoffs are just going to be too far away. The signs were promising yesterday and I have confidence that we will stay up. I also have confidence that we have a manager who can find some really good players and all his signings so far have been made to improve the squad rather than just signed for the sake of it. I good run of wins to the end of the season and then a summer of more rebuilding then I think we have a chance of pushing for the playoffs. We''ve just got to be patient.

The example you are looking for is crystal palace the year we went up, 16th in january.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Yes, believe it or not.

12 wins (plus 2 draws & 2 losses) in our remaining 16 matches will almost certainly get us into the playoffs with 75 points.[Target 73-75 points based on last 6 years]

Remember Watford last year - into the playoffs after being about 20th at Xmas. Two more matches and -hey presto - the prem? Rookie manager too.

OTBC

[/quote]

all very nice but theres 14 other sides above us... this whole assumption is made that none of those 14 will pick up the necessary points to finish above us? which wont happen will it?

jas :)

Having been a passionate follower of City for 45 years through thick and thin (more thin than thick) few people were more relieved than me to welcome three precious points yesterday. The signs, as they had been against Wolves, were encouraging but let''s get real here. Leeds are bottom of the table, they were a poor team, their injury list makes ours look insignificant and we beat them by the odd goal in three. Yes, it could have been more but it wasn''t. The record books will show it was 2-1. Looking at our remaining fixtures and our overall present form I believe 55-60 points will be a good achievement. I''m far from convinced our board will splash the cash on many loans realising the play-offs are out of reach preferring to save the money for more permanent rebuilding in the summer (hopefully) although with this board they may prefer to just save the money.  

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Having been a passionate follower of City for 45 years through thick and thin (more thin than thick) few people were more relieved than me to welcome three precious points yesterday. The signs, as they had been against Wolves, were encouraging but let''s get real here. Leeds are bottom of the table, they were a poor team, their injury list makes ours look insignificant and we beat them by the odd goal in three. Yes, it could have been more but it wasn''t. The record books will show it was 2-1. Looking at our remaining fixtures and our overall present form I believe 55-60 points will be a good achievement. I''m far from convinced our board will splash the cash on many loans realising the play-offs are out of reach preferring to save the money for more permanent rebuilding in the summer (hopefully) although with this board they may prefer to just save the money.  [/quote]

There will be rebuilding, but I don''t think it will be the squad. "A la Carter''s ''r'' us."

One win against the bottom of the table side and people start to believe we are play off material.  Win at Barnsley, Hull, Luton, Colchester Preston Cardiff etc etc and start winning at home and I might start to believe it.

Until then I will get in the real world and get ready for a potential relegation battle, because that is all we have been good for this season and nothing else

Its possible - but still more likely that we will get relegated;  and I dont think that will happen either.

A couple of strong loan signings - with a view to a signing in the summer (as Rasiak did for SOton last year) then we may be ina  position to challenge for a place next year - but I cant see it before then.

Come the summer we will need to get another striker and virtually a full back four, as well as signing a keeper, whether thats marshall or not;   that remains one hell of a rebuild to come out of it wanting to challenge for promotion

Despite what some seemed to be making out, nothing was ever going to be even remotely decided yesterday - we''ve now played 30 games of a 46 game season, so still have more than a third of it still to go.   Far too many had us relegated if we didn''t win, and that was plain daft given that we''d not have even been in the bottom 3!!!

No, the truth of the matter is that a very good run would still take us into the play-off mix, as indeed a very poor run could still put us in the relegation mix.  I personally can''t see either happening, and think we will finish about 10th-12th - but would love to see us put a bit of a run together to see where it gets us!

Blimey Bly I hope you are right....if you are I will personally hunt you down and buy you a pint of Wherry!

Oh dear , a win and a close one at that against the worst side in the league and the Norwich fans suddenly think they are world beaters , play offs no chance whatsoever , get realistic and just hope we stay up and Ipswich dont double us .

What are you on? Can I have some??

In all seriousness, yes it is possible, and yes Palace did it 2/3 seasons ago, but I cant see anything like that happening without Earnie, unless Brownie really starts to bang them in.

here we go one win and everybody thinks all is rosy again!! yes we played very well but getting in the play offs would rely on most teams above us dropping serious points. do you honestly believe that will happen? doubt it, consolidation is what we need to do and build a team ready for challenging NEXT season. please people get real. ill probably be slated for being realistic and accused of being a binner for this comment!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Yes, believe it or not.

[/quote]Its a VERY BIG ask of a team which is shaky at the back and has difficulty scoring and I''m afriad to say its borderline impossible.1) Your asking the team not to lose nearly 90% of their games, considering we''ve only not lost about 60% it would be a big turnaround.2) only 2 away wins so far this season, do you really think they can get at least 5 out of 9 and that would mean winning every home game...3) Errrmmm Watford were 3rd on the 26th of December....and Watford were on 55 points and 4th at this point last year4) I''m certain we won''t do it this year

I will be over the moon with 50 points and thats a huge ask in itsself,all we have done is beat the leagues worst team at home.I bet all you play off hopers think you are really going to win the lottery everytime you buy a ticket as well