Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Malk or Flem?

With the rumour that we could get a Premiership quality centre back for the rest of the season, and the definite necessity to get one if/when we go up, who should Worthy drop, The Incredible Malk, or The Mighty Flem?

Personally, I think that McMalky would be the man to retain his place.

I would not want to disrupt the defensive line as they have played solidly together and the understanding the centre pairing has now cannot be under-estimated.

However if we were to bring in someone of Huths quality I would have to drop Malkay purely for distribution reasons - which is why Iw ould love to see Shackell and Flem play together...

If a change had to be made, I''d drop Malky every time. I always feel he is the more vunerable to pace than Fleming, often using his "bulk" between himself, the ball and the opposing forward. It''s been an effective policy for most of the season, but I''d rather have more pace in the back line, hence my choice.

I''m going to stick up for both Flem and Malk - best defensive record in the league - if it ain''t bust don''t fix it.

With Drury injured, Brennan being sent to Coventry or whatever the reason is, and Shacks not having the best time at LB (not at Palace anyway) it seems to me we need more cover at left back rather than in the centre. That would free Shacks to be cover for the centre which we may need if Flem has got a ''twinge''.

We''ll find out by 5 o''clock today if anyone is coming in - Worthy mindgames maybe at play - just like Colin and McCarthy - but don''t hold your breath.

We are actually talking about something that will almost certainly happen next season if we go up. The general consensus is that Malkay is not quick enough for the premier and will need to be replaced. Imagine being NW and having to tell a player who has given everything and played such a key role in getting us there that there is no longer a place for him.
Who''d be a football manager.

If I had to drop anyone it would be Malk because he isn''t as quick as Flem and he distribution ain''t that brilliant. Flem can to all that Malk can do but he can also run and pass the ball to a member of our team and not the opposition. But all that being said we''ve got the best defensive record in the league, so why change it.