Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Leeds fans showed us real support!

I have to admit, as much as I dislike Leeds & Dennis Wise, their fans were top class Saturday. They sang their hearts out louder than any other team to visit Carrow Road this season, even though they are bottom of the league & in the middle of their lowest time as a club for a long, long time.

As hard done by as we may all feel at this present moment, surely Leeds fans must feel far worse. They have fallen from a higher branch to a lower summit than us, yet they still came here in large numbers & out sang us for the best part of 90 minutes.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of their book when we travel to Luton at the weekend & give it large on the terrace.

Fair play Leeds fans… I still want you relegated though!  [:D]

Yes, fair play to them they did make a good turn out. I hate that MOT song they sing and I was so chuffed when we managed to silence them at the end.

They are down IMO. Blake and Kandol up front are not going to get them enough goals to win the points they need. Oh what a shame........

I agree they were great support I noticed that a little band were even chanting all through half time interval.I think us City fans should take a step back and get this togetherness thing again .Lets sing our hearts out again,I remember when the Snakepit could keep a '' YARMY'' going for a good 20 minutes.Lets look forward to next season and be passionate fans again,I hate getting outsung by away fans every home match.We have got the meeting with the XXXX looming soon and I want to sing them all the way back to Suffolk.

OTBC

only sang cos never come up against a team as bad as us and they thought that they had a chance....

if they had''nt so many injurees thay wouldve 2

Well your players would have to be good from the start to be able to lift them to greater heights! And to be fair they did score first.

But they are going to really struggle now. Flo is out, Healy (must be worth an offer in the summer?!!) injured they are looking pretty desperate.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Funny that, I thought if the fans sing loudly the performance of the players on the pitch improves, or so it has been posted many times on this message board, I think the plight of Leeds Utd nails that particular myth.[/quote]

How do you think they would have played if the Leeds fans were booing them? They are bottom of the league, they did take the lead and only lose 2-1. I suggest that they performed as well as could be expected for a team in their position and with negative support they might well have been worse.

Blacko - Now let me think about this for a minute...they lost the game and they are bottom of the league, how can it possibly be any worse!!??. I do not condone booing of players, despite having really good support Leeds are still struggling, and my point is that it is wrong to blame just one element for all the ills of a club, sometimes you just have to except that if the team that is put out by a manger is just not up to the job in hand no amount of shouting and hollering is going to make any difference.

Dare I suggest that the fans'' expectation level on Kevin Blackwell following last season''s play-off collapse at the start of the season has underpinned their failure this?...

Not completely I am sure. They lost a couple of decent players, and Master Bates is hardly going to encourage an all for one attitude, but I wonder how they would be doing if Blackwell was still in charge? Would they be bottom?... (I don''t know the answer of course...)

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

only sang cos never come up against a team as bad as us and they thought that they had a chance....

if they had''nt so many injurees thay wouldve 2

[/quote]

on a positive note...................

It''s hard to believe they were in the play off final last season, in fact when we went there last March they were third in the league and challenging for auto promotion. I walked from the ground with the Leeds fans and got talking to a couple of them. One told me that this Leeds side was the worst he had ever seen and the players that had been brought in were awful and had made it worse than before. He was resigned to relegation and yet there was no anger in what he said, just disappointment and a bit of disbelief.

Like the original poster, I have never liked Leeds, Dennis Wise or the way their fans have behaved in the past, but the fans support for the club in the position they are now is quite phenomenal.

I don''t think the volume of support or even togetherness actually makes much difference on the pitch. Towards the end of last season we had six consecutive home wins in front of angry fans arguing and fighting amongst themselves and protesting before and after games. What it does do is make the matchday a lot more enjoyable for the fans.

Some very interesting points made on this thread by the likes of SONS OF BODICEA, NUTTY and MBNCFC.

As I stated before the Leeds game... 

That when a team is struggling it does not really make too much difference how much the fans are backing them...  it is the managers job (with the backing of his boardroom) to turn things around on the pitch in these circumstances.

I do however think that the backing of fans over a short term period (ie - a game or two) can give that team a little push towards achieving something.  IMO I believe that it is easier for a crowd to influence a result when a team is doing well...

It is very difficult to create some kind of false atmosphere (especially over a sustained period of matches)...

I think that the City fans seemed extremely quiet on Saturday up until Dion''s equaliser...  Maybe the great support that Leeds fans given their team early doors did influence the shape of the match (maybe without that terrific support they would not of raised their game and took the early lead that nearly knocked the fight out of us)???