Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Top 5 Norwich strikers since 1980

Why has noone mentioned Justin Fashanu? He was before my time, but surely warrants a place in someones top five, if only for THAT goal.

has anyone got the goals per game stats? although this does not give the complete picture but it helps.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dicky"]

I think:

Rosario

Biggins

Coney

Sheron

Beckford.

[/quote]

Dicky! Methinks you jest.

[/quote]

He must be jesting Ricardo because he forgot Peter Thorne..............

[/quote]

Bugger, slipped my mind. 

[/quote]

Is that what it was....

And there was me thinking he was injured [;)]

Sutton

Flecky

Iwan

Bellamy

Robins

With Ekuko, Cureton, Ward, Ashton and Earnie not far behind!!

In Darren Beckford''s defence, what he''d lacked in front of goal he made up for when he was in goal!

Goals per game stats can be found on flown from the nest  - here - http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/

I mentioned Fashanu in my original post.  I think some players only play well for certain teams.  Whether it be the teams style of play or the atmosphere of the how the manager motivates them etc.  You often see players making big money moves and it being the beginning of the end of their career.  Sometimes they go full circle and go back to a previous team, first one that comes to mind is Jason Koumas.

I suppose you could argue they are not top quality if they don''t make it another club, which I do agree with in part.  However, I think Steve Bull was a good centre forward, he could have left Wolves early in his career and then drifted through football.  Matthew LeTissier is another player who was very loyal, however I think he would have made it at one of the "big" 4 or 5 if he''d kept his weight in check.

I also think there are good players that did not make it after big money moves, and I still regard them as good players.

Loyalty is very rare now in football, it is easy to look back in hindsight and say Justin Fashanu should have stayed at Norwich, or at least stayed at Norwich for longer.