Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Thicko Grunt shows more stupidity, Waggers still the tripemaster

I didn''t actually see a quote from Grant to say that this was his thinking.

It seems that in recent weeks Grant and Safri may have sorted out their differences and the midfield choice should be Safri and one other.

I would say that perhaps Etuhu needs a break but he had on Saturday.........

is rick waghorn the manager?

erm no

so while he may think its possible its not neccesarily true.

theres no quote from grant saying thats his thinking

Good spot CJF.

I have had my suspicions that Grant sees Fozzy as a replacement for Safri rather than Etuhu. I have nothing to back this up with mind, it''s just something that has been nagging at the back of my mind. If Hux plays up front with Brown/Dublin and Drury plays leftback it leaves (when fit) Croft, Chadwick, Foz, Safri, Etuhu, Lappin for the four places.(and Hooze!) guess most people would go with Croft/Chadwick - Fox - Safri - Lappin.

You could be right and if so, God help us, but, the comment by Waggie is ambiguous.

It could mean what you say but equally could mean does Grant stick with Safri beside Etuhu or does he bring in Fozzy?  i.e. he replaces one of them with Fozzy.  The comment is nonspecific but also states the bleeding obvious since the midfield two are going to come from those three.

Thinking about it, telling us the bleeding obvious and making it sound significant was always Waggie''s style so my interpretation is closer to Waggies modus operandi than your suggestion that he has a scoop

Hang-on, the article reads: "As for the final conundrum, if Lappin reverts to left-side midfield and

Huckerby heads upfield, that four-strong midfield leaves Grant with a

straight choice between sticking with Youssef Safri alongside Dickson

Etuhu or give new-boy Mark Fotheringham the chance to show his worth.". Meaning for Fotheringham to play in a 4-4-2 with Lappin and Croft in the wide areas, Grant will have to change one of Safri and Etuhu. That is simply a statement of fact.

Who''s the dick Grant or thick Waghorn. That’s his interpretation of it. Wait and see what he does first before attacking him. I say Tripe might be the answer but if grant does then it''s up to us fans to point the way. I don''t have an ounce of sympathy for Etuhu. He has all the attributes and from what we have seen all to infrequently the talent required to be a decent player for us. Most of us fans would give up everything for his gifts and a chance to use them on the hallowed turf of Carrow Rd to help the city. So if he ain''t interested or up for it I say we let him, Grant, Delia and anybody else who will listen know in no uncertain terms. He has to shape up fast or ship out.

What?????!!!!!!!your right, what utter tripe CJF. From this Waghorn article it is his opinion alone on whether to partner Dickson and Saf or Dickson and Fozzy, and he''s summising what Grant might be considering, not what he''s actually said.

But it doesn''t explicitly say that does it?

"As for the final conundrum, if Lappin reverts to left-side midfield and Huckerby heads upfield, that four-strong midfield leaves Grant with a straight choice between sticking with Youssef Safri alongside Dickson Etuhu or give new-boy Mark Fotheringham the chance to show his worth"

So it also can mean that he''ll play Safri and Fozzy .... besides I think that its becoming evident that Grant probably does know what he wants to do and is getting the players in to do that. So lets wait and see ?

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]But it doesn''t explicitly say that does it? "As for the final conundrum, if Lappin reverts to left-side midfield and Huckerby heads upfield, that four-strong midfield leaves Grant with a straight choice between sticking with Youssef Safri alongside Dickson Etuhu or give new-boy Mark Fotheringham the chance to show his worth" So it also can mean that he''ll play Safri and Fozzy .... besides I think that its becoming evident that Grant probably does know what he wants to do and is getting the players in to do that. So lets wait and see ?[/quote]

To be fair to Peter Grant it does not quote him - but his selections have raised eyebrows in the past (and he has been wrong with every weird selection made so far).  Perhaps this is why it can look like he is deciding whether to stick with safri or change to fozzy to play next too Etuhu.

However you are right Texas Rose, the way Waggy has written it on a second inspection it could mean sticking with the safri - etuhu pairing or adding Fozzy into the side in place of either one.

Reading the article in question, it seems that Foghorn might well be putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5; in no place does Grant directly say that Etuhu is an automatic choice in midfield.As for the title of this thread, and constant digs throughout it, do you really have to be so incredibly obnoxious all the time? I would personally pay money to see you say that sort of thing to Grant''s face.I''m am certainly not a Waghorn fan at all, but have you ever heard the expression that "people in glass houses shouldn''t throw stones"?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]But it doesn''t explicitly say that does it? "As for the final conundrum, if Lappin reverts to left-side midfield and Huckerby heads upfield, that four-strong midfield leaves Grant with a straight choice between sticking with Youssef Safri alongside Dickson Etuhu or give new-boy Mark Fotheringham the chance to show his worth" So it also can mean that he''ll play Safri and Fozzy .... besides I think that its becoming evident that Grant probably does know what he wants to do and is getting the players in to do that. So lets wait and see ?[/quote]

To be fair to Peter Grant it does not quote him - but his selections have raised eyebrows in the past (and he has been wrong with every weird selection made so far).  Perhaps this is why it can look like he is deciding whether to stick with safri or change to fozzy to play next too Etuhu.

However you are right Texas Rose, the way Waggy has written it on a second inspection it could mean sticking with the safri - etuhu pairing or adding Fozzy into the side in place of either one.

[/quote]

Don''t worry about the misinterpretation CJF. We all know you never let the facts get in the way of your opinions[:P]

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]

Reading the article in question, it seems that Foghorn might well be putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5; in no place does Grant directly say that Etuhu is an automatic choice in midfield.

[/quote]

You are absolutely right!  But the team selections show he is.....

I messed my post up last night and part of it didn''t get through.

In truth none of us know what''s in Grants mind, not even the horn brothers!

But what if he played Foz and Etuhu in the centre of midfield and it worked. What if Foz brought out the best in Etuhu and he became the player he has threatened to be. Isn''t there bad blood between Etuhu and Safri?

This is a new era and a period of change. Everybody wanted a new manager but doesn''t seem to want the changes that come with it. The fact that Safri is the fans favourite and how that has happened counts for nothing now.

I agree that Grant hasn''t said that he is considering dropping Safri and we are probably reading too much into the article. However, I would be disappointed if he wasn''t considering all the options available to him.

Citizen Journalist Foghorn hang your head in shame. To abuse our manager in this nasty and personal way over a POSSIBLE selection choice is disgraceful.

In regards to your actual point, why not give Etubu and Fozzy a chance together???? We are not going to get relegated and we are not going to get promoted so a good use of the season would be for Grant to find out more about his players. Players who he inherited from someone else.

Don''t forget that the when Worthy first took over it was in midseason, we finished lower half of the table but he started to blood a few players like Green, McV and brought in Holt. After clearing out a lot of the deadwood in the summer we ended up in the play-off final in his first FULL season.

CJF, don''t eorry about the misinterpretation, that paragraph seems to be written to provoke exactly that reaction.

It is carefully written to suggest that Etuhu is going to play, without

ever saying that (and so being possibly proved wrong). It relys on the

standard human trait to be think that something is fact from a sentance

than there actually stated.

Also to be fair I do expect all three combinations to be seen at some

point in the rest of the season, if only to rest one player or because

of injury or form, the same as I expect to see all three combos of

strikers, central defenders and wingers.

I don''t really get you, CJF... you insult Waghorn on one hand, and your very name is a dig at a Waghorn comment last year that you took exception to... yet twice in the last few days you''ve used his website, and the information on it, whilst posting on here, complete with accompanying links (this one and the Hartson thread)... and you''ve now started a thread based entirely on a misinterpretation of Waghorn''s speculation (for this is what it is, not fact).  And in doing so you''ve insulted Waghorn and called Grant a "thicko", despite the fact that he''s done or said nothing to suggest that Etuhu is a "favourite"...Thicko, indeed...

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]

Citizen Journalist Foghorn hang your head in shame. To abuse our manager in this nasty and personal way over a POSSIBLE selection choice is disgraceful.

In regards to your actual point, why not give Etubu and Fozzy a chance together???? We are not going to get relegated and we are not going to get promoted so a good use of the season would be for Grant to find out more about his players. Players who he inherited from someone else.

Don''t forget that the when Worthy first took over it was in midseason, we finished lower half of the table but he started to blood a few players like Green, McV and brought in Holt. After clearing out a lot of the deadwood in the summer we ended up in the play-off final in his first FULL season.

[/quote]

Get a grip man!!  [:$]