Sign in to follow this  
rob|_ncfc

uriah Rennie

looks like hes in charge of are game at luton  :(

expect lots of dodgy decisions

hes already cum under quite allot of stick

"   Like many high-profile referees in top-flight football, Rennie has attracted criticism from within the game. In November 2005, he was mentioned in a remark by a stadium announcer at a Football League Championship match between Preston North End and Crystal Palace. It was announced over the tannoy as the teams came back onto the pitch after half time; "Welcome to the second half of the Uriah Rennie show" in response for Rennie not giving two penalty decisions in favour of Preston. [2] His refereeing came under criticism yet again on 16 December 2006 after Southampton''s 2-0 victory over Norwich, with Norwich manager Peter Grant claiming: "It''s scandalous the way he talks to players. He shows them no respect, and yet expects respect back. with this referee it''s all about him. People come top watch the players and be entertained, not to watch the referee."     "

[quote user="robncfc"]

looks like hes in charge of are game at luton ...expect lots of dodgy decisions

Got to agree with that. Unfortunately it''s usually City who suffer

hes already cum under quite allot of stick

This conjures up an image I''d rather not see[+o(]

[/quote]

I think its shocking that referees who make big mistakes in the Premier League are demoted and made to referee games in the Football League. One of the mistakes I saw Rennie make was giving that goal for Newcastle against West Ham when the player was deemed not to be interfering with play (a laughable decision). Do the powers at be think that he will learn from his mistakes refereeing games at Championship level?, personally I think that he and all the other incompetent refs should be sent for retraining.

Recently when I''ve seen Premiership referees in championship games they''ve not tended to do that well, Foy made a couple of big mistakes in Norwich''s cup game at Blackpool I seem to remember.

Fingers crossed that Rennie makes no mistakes this weekend at Luton which cost Norwich any points.

I''m assuming that we''ve all accepted that Mr ''Oh-Rene'' will book Huckerby for something ridiculous on Saturday, thus handing him a 1-match ban...

Sod and his law again... 

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I''m assuming that we''ve all accepted that Mr ''Oh-Rene'' will book Huckerby for something ridiculous on Saturday, thus handing him a 1-match ban...

Sod and his law again... 

[/quote]

I was thinking is exactly this earlier!

Impotent league game, lol?

I don''t know how it works but if he gets booked at Luton, he can miss Blackpool no problem and be back for Chelsea!

A good dive a''la Andy Johnson style may do the trick, if not we get a penalty! Winners all round!

I cannot believe we`ve got that  pratt again,three (away!) matches in one season, must be some sort of record. 

Did anyone see the way that he(Rennie) made Micky Spillane say please for the ball after the young midfielder inadvertanly kicked the ball in the direction of the ref and his lino`s during the warm up at Roots Hall in September?As soon as I witnessed this display of his"superiority" I knew we were in trouble!

The bloke also excelled himself at St.Marys,so don`t expect too much in our favour.

On a separate note,I think the best ref we`ve had this season has got to be Phil Dowd (QPR Home),he just let the match flow with minimal whistling!

The guy is a plank... everytime I''ve seen him officiate, he''s made decisions that are simply appalling. He seems to think that he has a divine right over the players and quite clearly is not up to the job. I fear for decisions he may/will make in our game against Luton.

[quote user="ridgeman"]I can''t agree that Phil Dowd was good, laughing and joking with players laughing whilst a Norwich player lay injured allowing players to put their arms around him not my choice of a good referee. Personally I think the standard of officiating has declined all round.[/quote]

Piere Luigi Collina as "referees administrator" would sort the wheat from the chaff!

jas :)