Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Safri on the bench at Luton?????

With the news that Safri played 85 mins for Morocco last night does anybody else think it''s become more likely that we will see Fotheringham and Etuhu together in the centre of midfield at Luton?

Chris Lakey makes some good points in his article "Phase three for Peter Grant". Not least that he points to the defensive side of Etuhus game. If you watch us defend corners Etuhu has a very important zone and possibly clears the ball with more defensive headers than anyone else in the side. I don''t see either Safri or Fotheringham having the same defensive side to their game so if Etuhu is dropped there would have to be more changes to the way we play than just one player replacing another.

Given the way Peter Grant plays Etuhu, and the job he does for us defensively, can any posters convince me that Fotheringham was signed to be a replacement?

BTW, before anyone calls me stupid or thicko, I like Safri in our midfield. I''m just saying it how I see it.

Well... If its Etuhu and Fozzy don''t be surprised if Fozzy can''t do the job of two players like Safri manages and we get overrun in midfield.... 

It may also depend on whether this is the third game this season that Eboohoo actually turns up for...  If it is lets hope opposition scouts are watching and can take this loser off our hands in the summer.  [N]

Let me add Safri breaks up play more than any other player in our team, he is always winning the ball, putting in tackles, fouling and generally stopping attacks.   If we need Etuhu to win headers it doesnt say much for Doherty and co...

I still don''t think Etuhu''s all round contribution is strong enough, and but for Tresor Kandol''s horrible miss on saturday he might have been dropped for the foreseeable...

Safri in every time, Fotheringham, if match fit, to be given an opportunity alongside him..Etuhu, kick up the backside

Etuhu is a makeweight im afraid... Safri is a much better option. Whislt he might not offer in the air what Etuhu can his overall game is far better, he is better defnsivley, poses a threat at set peics and all round is a better player than Dixon Etuhu.

Fozzy looked goo last week and lets hope he continues that form.

You should play the best 11 you have available to you every week... Peter Grant see''s Etuhu as part of that 11 it seems... i dont, and im sure a few others dont either.

jas :)

Sorry jas but I have to disagree with the statement that you have to put out the best 11 players.  Norwich need to put out the best team which is balanced and can match the opposition.  Take for example the England Gerrard/Lampard/Hargreaves situation- Playing Lampard on the left doesnt work- technically, experience and honours wise Lampard is a more gifted player than alot but if the team doesnt gel then some players have to be dropped to create the correct balance. 

i think if safri is fit enough he will play with fozzy as safri can get a foot in and from what i saw fozzy likes to get forward more than ive seen safri do

If Grant drops Safri rather than Etuhu it will be a disgrace. Safri has been class recently and has carried Etuhu in most of the games. If Grant can''t see that then he really is blind. Safri and Fozzy have to get the nod or if not stick with Safri and Etuhu but dropping Safri unless he is suffering from the international would be a shocking decision!

I would hope if safri is fit then he will play with fozzy, beccasue etuhu has gone off the boil and looks lazy at the moment. Safri appears to have patched things up with Grant and fozzy will need games if he is too play to his potential.

However, if irecall correctly everytime safri returns from morocco he goes off the boil for about 2 months then has a spurt of about 4 games where he plays well before returning to morocco. I hope it isnt the case this time, but it wouldnt suprise me if it was.