Sign in to follow this  
TWEETY PIE

Taxi For Mark Rivers

With the deadline looming we should have a taxi outside Carrow rd waiting to whisk Rivers away,if nothing else purely as a cost cutting measure,he clearly has no desire to play for us and if he''s not playing then he''s costing us money get him out and spend his wages on someone that does,apparently there''s two seats empty in the taxi any ideas........................

Delia,can you honestly tell me when Rivers last had a half decent game,or finished one or started one given we reputedly paid £600,000 i imagine he''s one of the higher wage earners.I would rather see Harper or a player of similar quality instead of someone,who clearly doesnt relish the job he''s asked to do.I believe he was bought on his displays against us while playing for Crewe,i might add he was playing against Sutchy coming to the end of his career and playing on the left hand side.In your reply you stated a couple of injuries i would suggest a few more before he gets in any side managed by NW.The only seat in the taxi I''ll take is the driver''s too make sure he gets there.But i do respect your opinion altho clouded

Dont you just love some of these posters who come on here,know just how the players are feeling,know they have no desire to play for us etc etc. For your information tweetie pie,he was dropped after a well known bust up with Worthy,has been injured for weeks and is now back in full time training and playing for the reserves tonight.
Worthy has already refused to let him go out on loan and has publicly said he still has a part to play, so do us all a favour, get in your taxi and stay in it until the meter stops running,hopefully you''ll be out of Norfolk by then.

Would that be a "River" Taxi ? Seriously though, what is the point? what does it achieve? slating and bad-mouthing your own players? Of course, everyone is entitled to their personal views and opinions regarding the individuals that represent Norwich City Football Club. Yes! certain players on occasion under-perform, but what we must consider and accept is that they are at the club until they move on, through either transfers, retirement or shown the door for whatever reasons, eg discipline, injury etc. Booing or jeering when a player is either substituted or having a bit of a "mare!" knocking their and the teams confidence, resulting in an even more below par performance and is totally uncalled for [as I''m sure many of our fellow supporters will agree] it''s counter productive and gives the opposition an advantage.

Let''s get behind the team! Premiership football returning to Norfolk after nearly a 10 year gap. Ever so near two seasons ago, we are almost there now, but its crucial that we remain confident and positive! Give the players our support, its a team effort and let''s see what the close-season has to offer...... Get of their backs.....save the "constructive criticism" for the pub! OTBC

And I went to CR to watch the reserve game and I thought that it was the last thursday of the month for most of the evening: The comedy club....

I used to rate highly Rivers but tonight he was a joke, Easton another comedian. SInclair impressed me.

But yes I agree Cityangel, at this stage they both can become of some use. We already have a small squad, and hopefully we will not have major injuries or bans...But then again hopefully tomorrow some big announcement by NW...

But you have to admit, the opening para in the reserve match report seems to sum everything up...

"A returning Mark Rivers did little to warm a crowd of 768 on a bitterly cold night at Carrow Road as City Reserves sunk to a disappointing 3-1 defeat against Gillingham..."

My memory isn''t what it iwas, but at the begining of the season, wasn''t this the man that was top scorer and a hero to most? then he got injured at Forest where Sky had him pointed out as a key man.

I to went to the reserve game last night and if Worty even considers Rivers or Easton against Stoke he must be mad would prefer to see Briggs or sinclair

I agree with the sentiments that both Easton and Rivers could be needed before the end of the season. I also agree that it is not good to jeer and boo our own players. But the fact is, these two men are paid a lot more money than the average contributor to this site for doing a job which is far more exciting and rewarding than most of our jobs. Is it asking too much of them to at least try to look interested when occasionally they are called upon to play in a match. By all accounts, their contribution to last nights reserve game left much to be desired. Can you imagine Flem, Malky or Gary Holt having the same attitude in a reserve game - answer No! Therefore better in ALL cases to go for someone who has the right attitude. If we have an injury crisis now, play Sinclair or Briggs, reward those who have some moral fibre!

I could go into many arguments on this subject the main one being he has never done at this club what he was bought to do and at a club like this we need ALL players doing their bit,a brief bit of history when Iwan came here he was over weight and slow,he worked his guts out to attain his fitness levels could you ever see Rivers doing that NO.I believe Rivers we will never get anything out of him so lets get someone in on his wages that will do it consistently.
To those that criticsed my comments you have no more right than anyone else to say whats right or wrong and to you lets see how many games he plays between now and the end of the season.To finish I have never criticised another player on this forum nor would i but he is just not worth the original fee or his wages .

He''s not the most consistent of players but I remember when Rivers was leaving defenders for dead way before Huckers ever came along. Whatever his reason for being left out now I''m not sure and maybe he doesn''t have a place in our squad anymore but thats no reason to shun him away. Everyone dips in form, and theres plenty of players weve let go that have gone on to become fantastic. I know Rivers isnt exactly brilliant but give the guy a chance instead of sending him packing.

Thing is, if we need goal difference to put us up rivers and eastons 7 or 8 goals or so will have been worth it right?

Love it. Poor bloke''s been out for weeks and because he doesn''t play very well on his return to the reserves on a freezing March night, he''s no good at all.
I can''t believe people are still moaning about him and he''s not even in the first team.
We all know what Rivers is about, we know what he''s capable and that he doesn''t ever seem to reach his potential, or necessarily even want to. That''s why he''s not in the team, surely? So why criticise him? He''s being punished enough as it is - if he doesn''t sort it out, no Premiership footie for him. Does he really need us going on at him as well?
All you lot moaning about our players when we''re 9 games away from the Big Time really depress me. Look at Svensson; the bloke needs time to settle in, the team need time to get used to him. Every game is a high pressure game and he is expected to perform each time, but it''s not going to help a new player if the fans get at him. All you Iwan lovers must learn that to progress, we must develop a system of football that does not rely on the big Welshman being there to knock the ball down (and frankly that''s pretty much all he''s capable of these days).
We ARE going to be promoted - it just sounds like some of you would rather enjoy slagging off our own players, who have all contributed to this season in their own way, than enjoying the fact that we are so very nearly back where we belong.