Sign in to follow this  
Delias Buns

Livermore Departs As Duffy And Gunn Come In

[quote user="SnakePitArmy"]

You heard it here first...

Thoughts?

[/quote]

You ae right and not a hair on either of them!

No great surprise to see Livermore depart..........we''ve never quite worked out what was his actual role in the club other than being the man '' with the BBC '' ( bibs, balls and cones )

Good to see Gunny in his new position..........he is so well known throughout football and in his adopted home and has the charisma to make a real difference. A good appointment.

Duffy ? Time will tell but for know we can only respect Peter Grant''s judgement on that one. 

The Scottish "mafia" is still growing! We may find more Scottish players among the loanees!The changes seem very good, - more vestiges of the Worthington era gone. PG certainly needs someone whom he trusts as his assistant, and somebody who has wide knowledge of the modern game. He has achieved this with his two- in and three-out (Webb, Livermore and Gunny old job), so there should not be any extra fiancial burdens.The only questiojn is how much longer Hunter will feel that he has a job.

I think Grant is slowly getting City on the right track. He''s not afraid of an older experinced coach such as Duffy coming in to help, and we all love Gunny who will be great for contacts and morale! Never did know what Livermore did at Norwich, never saw or heard him speak. So Livermore and Robinson are gone, just Hughes to go and Grant will have made real progress.

Great to have Gunny on board!

Well respected, Known throughout football and i think he will make the signing of players a hell of a lot easier!

the kids will look up to him as a great role Model too. this is fantastic stuff by Grant!

jas :)

I''m delighted by this news, Livermore it should be noted has been a very important part of the successful periods that Norwich have had in recent years but I''ve had the impression recently that some of the players think that he is a bit of a soft touch given by the performances that we have seen from some players recently. (Certain players have been playing in an obvious comfort zone)

Very good news...Grant needed to be able to put his own team in place to have any chance of succeeding long term...i hope it works out

Gunn?........Jobs for the boys again....and a classic case of the emotional merry-go-round that is NCFC these days. Never mind the quality....feel the waaaarmth....

Sorry guys....but while he has my utmost respect for what has happened in his life.....he isn''t what we need to grab this shower by the scruff of the neck and shake them. Rather like putting Lionel Blair in charge of the England rugby team in my opinion.........

It''s all good as far as I''m concerned and can only help freshen things up around the place.

Just one thing though, what exactly does a ''liason officer'' (or whatever Gunny''s official title is) do and why exactly do we need one.

I''m not complaining, I just don''t really get it. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

why the hell didnt pg do this at the beginning.lets hope this will kick start the season i know its late but we could go on a good run and possable get into the play offs dont laugh but we must be positive about this.

I think Hunter should remain at the club, he is a well respected coach who can only help us!  Most clubs have a First Team Coach, Assistant Manager and Manager, so I think that Hunter remaining at the club will cause us no expense or clash of roles.OTBC!Chris

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Gunn?........Jobs for the boys again....and a classic case of the emotional merry-go-round that is NCFC these days. Never mind the quality....feel the waaaarmth....

[/quote]So exactly how do you feel Gunn is lacking quality for the role he''s been appointed to?Or are you just putting your usual negative spin on everything Norwich City?Just another case of the doom-filled merry go round that Cluck inhabits...

Great news!! Livermore gone and replaced by a well respected person with managerial experienced.

Gunn brought in from Marketing to find us new talent and I''m sure with his enthusiam and contacts he''ll do a great job.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.[:D]

Cluck - Will this club ever do anything to please you??

Czechoslovakia enjoyed what they called ''The Velvet Revolution'' during the 90''s as two countries split.

Norwich are also enjoying a ''Velvet Revolution'' as Grant re-shuffles his team and squad. I like the way this is being conducted and I like the way we are moving forward. I refuse to join any queue or take any old seat but I will definately consider season ticket availability once renewals are finished with.

If I cannot get one, so be it, it was right to not renew last season and I will happily live with that decision knowing I played a part in influencing matters in some small way.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Just one thing though, what exactly does a ''liason officer'' (or whatever Gunny''s official title is) do and why exactly do we need one.

[/quote]Seems to me we need someome with some contacts our end of the blower bigging up NCFC. We''ve had problems attracting players here either permanently or loans and it appears from what I''ve read after transfer windows, that Doncaster does a lot of the leg work - someone with no long term football experience. As far as I''m concerned, anything Gunny can do to improve our image with network can only be a good thing. This leaves the manager and assistant to get on with the work of getting the team ready.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

So exactly how do you feel Gunn is lacking quality for the role he''s been appointed to?
Or are you just putting your usual negative spin on everything Norwich City?
Just another case of the doom-filled merry go round that Cluck inhabits...
[/quote]

Fresh blood Herb...not more of the same.

Gunn is part of the NCFC institution.....while I feel a whole new perspective would be a much more positive move. If you view wanting something fresh and vibrant as being "negative".....it just shows how limited your personal vision for the future must be........

Cluck - Bryan Gunn is well respected throughout the industry, both as a player and for what he has done since.  Why shouldn''t Grant use his contacts, knowledge and experience, just because he has been employed in a different role in the past ?  Just because a new manager comes in, doesn''t mean that everyone beneath him needs to be replaced.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]So exactly how do you feel Gunn is lacking quality for the role he''s been appointed to?Or are you just putting your usual negative spin on everything Norwich City?Just another case of the doom-filled merry go round that Cluck inhabits...[/quote]

Gunn is part of the NCFC institution.....while I feel a whole new perspective would be a much more positive move. If you view wanting something fresh and vibrant as being "negative".....it just shows how limited your personal vision for the future must be........

[/quote]Correct me if I''m wrong, Cluck, and I apologise if I am, but... weren''t you one of the ones calling for Crook and Bowen to join as Managers of Norwich City...???

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]So exactly how do you feel Gunn is lacking quality for the role he''s been appointed to?Or are you just putting your usual negative spin on everything Norwich City?Just another case of the doom-filled merry go round that Cluck inhabits...[/quote]

[/quote]I disagree Cluck he has a lot of respect and knows Norwich fc inside out and is the perfect person to fill in any future new recruit about all things Norwich.

Sorry guys....but while he has my utmost respect for what has happened in his life.....he isn''t what we need to grab this shower by the scruff of the neck and shake them. Rather like putting Lionel Blair in charge of the England rugby team in my opinion.........

[/quote]

Do you actually know what Gunn`s role will be, or are you just opening your beak to have a go and not dissapoint your faithfull?  

Now....I can see what I said about Gunn is not popular....but that is to some extent my gripe with NCFC. I have alot of respect for the man....but as with all things familiar....life can get too cosy. The small circle within the club has become very introverted....and that can breed an equally small mentality. A new face and some fresh ideas could widen their vision....and let''s face it....it''s not exactly been so dynamic in recent years that we should look to continue a dynasty

Re Bowen and Crook EM.....While they are ex-players, they had been away from CR for a long time and so potentially learnt many new tricks. Had Gunn been elsewhere recently to widen his parameters....fair enough....but he is classic of the institutionalisation Delia seems to encourage. Yet more of the same.

The Liverpool "boot room" might well have become famous by recruiting from within....but that was based on years of success...... not years of stagnation.

Yes he''s a legend....but so is Norman Wisdom.....and all he did was fall over........

[/quote]

Sorry Cluck whilst I agree with a lot of what you say this is nonsense. Jobs for the boys? Gunn already had a job within the club as an Ambassador. I think he will be a good appointment and as many others have pointed out he is a man with a lot of respect throughout football. He is City through and through and I can''t imagine he will stand for too many of the "easy life boys" afflicting the club at the minute. He was certainly no soft touch as a player (1st City player to be sent off 3 times, I think) and had no problems letting his back 4 know when they weren''t doing their jobs!

Now we just need Iwan back as reserve team coach................

Now....I can see what I said about Gunn is not popular....but that is to some extent my gripe with NCFC. I have alot of respect for the man....but as with all things familiar....life can get too cosy. The small circle within the club has become very introverted....and that can breed an equally small mentality. A new face and some fresh ideas could widen their vision....and let''s face it....it''s not exactly been so dynamic in recent years that we should look to continue a dynasty

Re Bowen and Crook EM.....While they are ex-players, they had been away from CR for a long time and so potentially learnt many new tricks. Had Gunn been elsewhere recently to widen his parameters....fair enough....but he is classic of the institutionalisation Delia seems to encourage. Yet more of the same.

The Liverpool "boot room" might well have become famous by recruiting from within....but that was based on years of success...... not years of stagnation.

Yes he''s a legend....but so is Norman Wisdom.....and all he did was fall over........

[/quote]

Whilst I can see your channel here, I think it is speculatative to assume Gunn would bring the ''same old'' and I too would not want that. Yes he is from within the club but his former appiontment bares no significance to his new. He has been brought into this role because of his connections within the game. His knowledge and links with former players and managers. These are obviously connections of a greater standing that Livermores, hence the change. Grant has done this because he feels that he has a better chance of getting the players he wants with Gunn as the figurehead on the transfer front. We all want to see more opportunity to bring in better players, so lets allow the manager to bring in who he wants. It''s all part of his plan and that has time develop yet. Internal or external, not an issue for me providing the results are right for the club and I don''t see why Gunns links would hamper this goal.