Sign in to follow this  
Kolin Kob

eat your words

some selected quotes from after dublins first game:

''Awful.'' - charlies dad
''Old, slow, unfit, clumsy.  Saw him wiping his brow after 25 minutes.  Looked knackered.'' - jay
''he just isnt up to it'' - jas the barclay king
''I don''t really want to be seeing him in a Norwich shirt much longer'' - damo for england
''I just dont understand what worthy thought he could give us that Ryan Jarvis or dare i say it even thorne could have done'' - matt hudson
''dublin is a has been,  he has more lead in his boots than a church roof'' - smithy
''his legs have gone  !'' - sheded
''his legs have a gone and he is no more than a last 20 mins nuisance player these days'' - canarychris

Just goes to show doesn''t it what a fickle bunch fans are!

I knew he''d be quality from the moment I set eyes upon him [:D]

Havent you got something more useful to do with your time? Get a job or something. Anyway, Dublin was ''Awful'' on  his debut. Unlike most of Worthingtons signings he has improved. As most of us are willing to concede.   

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

''Awful.'' - charlies dad
''Old, slow, unfit, clumsy.  Saw him wiping his brow after 25 minutes.  Looked knackered.'' - jay
''he just isnt up to it'' - jas the barclay king
''I don''t really want to be seeing him in a Norwich shirt much longer'' - damo for england
''I just dont understand what worthy thought he could give us that Ryan Jarvis or dare i say it even thorne could have done'' - matt hudson
''dublin is a has been,  he has more lead in his boots than a church roof'' - smithy
''his legs have gone  !'' - sheded
''his legs have a gone and he is no more than a last 20 mins nuisance player these days'' - canarychris

[/quote]

Luckily for me I was thinking much the same thing at the time myself.......but only thinking it, mind. 

If I''d posted then my total lack of judgement would have been revealed to the whole world and I''d have been on a diet of '' humble pie '' for years.......... 

Phew, close call or wot............??

[quote user="charlies dad"]

Havent you got something more useful to do with your time? Get a job or something. Anyway, Dublin was ''Awful'' on  his debut. Unlike most of Worthingtons signings he has improved. As most of us are willing to concede.   

[/quote]

Here we go again..... I bet this is the reaction that the original poster was looking for!

Now I''m gonna predictably join in too CD. Maybe most of Worthy''s signings from last season haven''t improved although Colin obviously has and I think Etuhu has. But before that he made a lot of good signings.

Why is it that even though he has been gone for 4 months now peoples hatred for Worthington is so great that they will try to rewrite history to make a point!?

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

[/quote]

Before anyone says otrherwise, i''m glad too be proven wrong. When we signed him ;lets be honest not many were jumping with joy; a 37 year old has been who couldnt find a new club. It shows how dublin has played becasue i dont remember ever having those opinions aftet his 1st performance. However i still believe he should be used as a centre half where he is better and more effective.

His debut was awful, he looked old, unfit and off the pace, and everyone feared the worst.  Dion has since proved he is not past it, and credit to him, as he has almost single-handely kept the team alive this season.

Or are you saying his debut was great, and we were all wrong for expressing concerns at the time?  Not fickle, just being realistic on the current evidence.

I would suggest you spend this afternoon attempting to get some sort of life.

To be fair, when he first cam he was lacking match fitness and was probably very low on morale, like the rest of the players. 

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

''Awful.'' - charlies dad''Old, slow, unfit, clumsy.  Saw him wiping his brow after 25 minutes.  Looked knackered.'' - jay''he just isnt up to it'' - jas the barclay king''I don''t really want to be seeing him in a Norwich shirt much longer'' - damo for england''I just dont understand what worthy thought he could give us that Ryan Jarvis or dare i say it even thorne could have done'' - matt hudson''dublin is a has been,  he has more lead in his boots than a church roof'' - smithy''his legs have gone  !'' - sheded''his legs have a gone and he is no more than a last 20 mins nuisance player these days'' - canarychris

[/quote]

Hate machines the lot of you...............[N]

Booooooooooooo you!..............

Good post KK, and relevant if only because it should remind us to be a little less scathing about our new players before giving them a chance. And this undoubtedly resonates with several posts I''ve seen on this board over the last couple of weeks.

Dion Dublin is a great example of how pathetic the City squad is , when a 37 year old who was in semi retirement is our man of the match most weeks doesnt it tell you just how bad the others are more than anything else ?

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Kolin Kob"]

''Awful.'' - charlies dad''Old, slow, unfit, clumsy.  Saw him wiping his brow after 25 minutes.  Looked knackered.'' - jay''he just isnt up to it'' - jas the barclay king''I don''t really want to be seeing him in a Norwich shirt much longer'' - damo for england''I just dont understand what worthy thought he could give us that Ryan Jarvis or dare i say it even thorne could have done'' - matt hudson''dublin is a has been,  he has more lead in his boots than a church roof'' - smithy''his legs have gone  !'' - sheded''his legs have a gone and he is no more than a last 20 mins nuisance player these days'' - canarychris

[/quote]

Hate machines the lot of you...............[N]

Booooooooooooo you!..............

[/quote]That''s rich

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

Here we go again..... I bet this is the reaction that the original poster was looking for!

Now I''m gonna predictably join in too CD. Maybe most of Worthy''s signings from last season haven''t improved although Colin obviously has and I think Etuhu has. But before that he made a lot of good signings.

Why is it that even though he has been gone for 4 months now peoples hatred for Worthington is so great that they will try to rewrite history to make a point!?

[/quote]I know i shouldnt rise to clowns like this Nigel, but i couldnt help it. I believe on a more recent post I described Dublin as ''beyond reproach'' and he has been a breath of fresh air to the club. Re Worthington, i feel no hatred, its a fact that Louis Jean, Jarrett, Thorne, Hughes, Boyle, and to a certain extent Etuhu, have ranged from putrid to disappointing. Dublin stemmed the flow of poor businesss both incoming and outgoing, but surely you can understand my initial scepticism?

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I know i shouldnt rise to clowns like this Nigel, but i couldnt help it. I believe on a more recent post I described Dublin as ''beyond reproach'' and he has been a breath of fresh air to the club. Re Worthington, i feel no hatred, its a fact that Louis Jean, Jarrett, Thorne, Hughes, Boyle, and to a certain extent Etuhu, have ranged from putrid to disappointing. Dublin stemmed the flow of poor businesss both incoming and outgoing, but surely you can understand my initial scepticism?[/quote]

But that''s exactly my point CD. Those signings last season were not good enough, they took the club backwards and probably ultimately cost Worthington his job. However for  the first 3 seasons Worthington was in charge most (not all) his signings were good and took the club forward. Last seasons poor signings are not "most of his signings" they are last seasons poor signings.

I wasn''t one to slate Dublin after his debut but I wasn''t too impressed by his signing. And, to be honest, I still don''t think he would get in many other teams in the top half of the division. I would have preferred to have kept McKay.

[quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

Hit a nerve, have I?

I''m not trying to be malicious with this post, I just thought it was interesting to see how well Dublin has proved us wrong

Have some humility, like Matt Hudson did in his reply.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

Hit a nerve, have I?

I''m not trying to be malicious with this post, I just thought it was interesting to see how well Dublin has proved us wrong

[/quote]You havent ''hit a nerve'' As for showing you some ''humility''. You really are a condescending person, arent you?  

it works both ways.

i''m sure - if anyone could be bothered to make the effort - there are many posts , lauding new players on their debuts only for them to decline to the standard that prompted their previous employers to get rid in the first place.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

Hit a nerve, have I?

[/quote]You havent ''hit a nerve'' As for showing you some ''humility''. You really are a condescending person, arent you?  [/quote]

oh do be quiet, i''m not condescending!