Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

Dublin poser and team for blackpool

wht team will we see 2mo???

guess it depends on whether shacks is fit, cos if he is then surely dublin has to go up top with hucks

marshall

colin   shacks   doc :(     drury

croft     saf    ethuhu    mcveigh

dublin    hucks

not sure who can play on the left to be honest, unless hucks plays there and martin is given a go or even brown

You''re forgetting Brown, who played in the first game. Whatever happens to Shacks, Dion may be brought on later in the game, or conversely he could start and be replaced with Brown when the heavy conditions take their toll of his old legs.I think that Hux will start as a striker, and unless McV is really out of favour he will start. There is just the possibility of Eagle starting or coming on at some point. I think that Hughes will be on the bench, as the versatile substitute.Otherwise, I suspect that your team will be the on which starts. It looks as if my musings may suggest who will be on the bench, - Hughes, Gallacher, Eagle/McV, Brown/Dublin, a.n.o.

i would go for

Marshall

Colin         Dublin         Shackall         Drury

Croft         Etuhu        Safri         Hughes

Martin         Hucks

Doherty is totally unrelaible and despite some goals DD''s best performances have been as a centre back. Hughes is gettin better with more fans support, and will give more and be a better option than anything else on the left, freeing hucks to keep playing up front. Martin deserves a chance from the start and so should play

Subs: Gallagher, Doherty, Spillane, Mcveigh, Brown

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

i would go for

Marshall

Martin         Hucks

Doherty is totally unrelaible

[/quote]

Shackell is just as unreliable and doesn''t understand the game as well as the Doc does. Unfortunately as he''s a young(ish) lad and he''s come through the ranks people don''t appear to be able to see what a weak defender he is.

HUGHES IS NOT A MIDFIELDERHUGHES IS A DEFENDER,when has hughes played best?ill answer for you when he plays at full-back and the one time when i was him at centre back. well my team.                               Marshallcolin           shacks             doc         drurycroft                        safri                     etuhu                  Martin       Dublin       Hux

I would go for

Marshall

Colin       Dublin     Shackell     Drury

Croft       Etuhu        Safri         Hucks

Brown       Martin

I would go for:

Marshall

Colin  Dublin  Shacks  Drury

Croft    Safri    Etuhu    Eagle

Brown   Huckerby

Subs: Lewis, Doc, Hughes, McVeigh, Martin

"I actually missed Great Yarmouth the other day... fortunately my aim is improving"

Don''t knock Yarmouth mate. It may have it''s faults but it''s a hotbed of City support. I see you hail from Manchester. Well, say no more..

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

i would go for

Marshall

Martin         Hucks

[/quote]

Shackell is just as unreliable and doesn''t understand the game as well as the Doc does. Unfortunately as he''s a young(ish) lad and he''s come through the ranks people don''t appear to be able to see what a weak defender he is.

[/quote]  Shackell was a very promising defender until he started to play alongside Doherty.  Doherty is a ball follower and has no concept of picking up the runners, hence his last ditch tackles.  Shackell has to spend more time picking up his own players as well as Doherty''s, hence his game has been off recently.  I think the majority of supporters would like to see a Dublin and Shackell pairing at the centre of defence.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

i would go for

Marshall

Martin         Hucks

[/quote]

[/quote]  Shackell was a very promising defender until he started to play alongside Doherty.  Doherty is a ball follower and has no concept of picking up the runners, hence his last ditch tackles.  Shackell has to spend more time picking up his own players as well as Doherty''s, hence his game has been off recently.  I think the majority of supporters would like to see a Dublin and Shackell pairing at the centre of defence.[/quote]

Totally agree. Having said that, I think Grant''ll go with:

Marshall

Colin  Doherty  Shackell  Drury

Croft  Etuhu  Safri  Huckerby

Brown  Dublin

That way he fits everyone in bar Martin and Hughes, one of which he''s shielding and the other of which he doesn''t really rate.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

i would go for

Marshall

Martin         Hucks

[/quote]

[/quote]  Shackell was a very promising defender until he started to play alongside Doherty.  Doherty is a ball follower and has no concept of picking up the runners, hence his last ditch tackles.  Shackell has to spend more time picking up his own players as well as Doherty''s, hence his game has been off recently.  I think the majority of supporters would like to see a Dublin and Shackell pairing at the centre of defence.[/quote]

Marshall

Brown  Dublin

That way he fits everyone in bar Martin and Hughes, one of which he''s shielding and the other of which he doesn''t really rate.

[/quote]

Brown needs to get on the score sheet tonight.. or i feel one or 2 in the crowd might start getting on his back and thinking that the Sunderland fans were right

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Canary02"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

i would go for

Marshall

Martin         Hucks

[/quote]

Marshall

Brown  Dublin

[/quote]

Brown needs to get on the score sheet tonight.. or i feel one or 2 in the crowd might start getting on his back and thinking that the Sunderland fans were right

jas :)

[/quote]

Surely not jas! Our fans aren''t like that are they??

Can''t we just blame The Doc if Brown don''t score??

One scapegoat at a time please!

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

i would go for

Marshall

Martin         Hucks

[/quote]

Absolute tosh. Shackell makes numerous poor errors that are absolutely something to do with Gary Doherty, it''s just a case of his own lack of ability.

I know City fans like to think Jason Shackell is something special but look at these...Michael Dawson from Notts Forest to Spurs, Joleon Lescott from Wolves to Everton, Calum Davenport from Spurs and now at West Ham. All young centrebacks who''ve made their name at this level and gone on to make big moves. Will any of those big clubs (or similar) pick up Shackell? I can''t see it. One of the main reasons Shackell has done well for himself is because he''s left footed and left sided centrebacks aren''t the most common thing going (see Upsons inflated fee).

Say what you want about the Doc but he''s played for Luton, he''s played for Spurs and he''s played for his country. Shackell will struggle to get any further than Norwich. And it has absolutely nothing to do with who he''s playing alongside. He''s just a very average defender who''s been built up to be something he''s not.

The way I see it...Norwich need two new strong centrebacks to make us start to look a bit more comfortable/reliable at the back.

I''m with Silver Fox - and I''m very happy that Doc''s been dropped for the Blackpool game. Dublin''s just the partner that Shackell needs. Doc''s got lazy, relying on the Fleming approach of recent years - pulling the player back, and fouling near the area.