Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who is Mrs Norwich?

I would vote for Lil Kemp. She has been following Norwich home and away for as long as I''ve been going and that started in the mid-sixties. She must be eighty plus now but she''still there rain or shine.

well, duh,  clearly it is either Mr Norwichs mother or wife,  or both I suppose depending on their age.

[quote user="Kathy"]I would vote for Lil Kemp. She has been following Norwich home and away for as long as I''ve been going and that started in the mid-sixties. She must be eighty plus now but she''still there rain or shine.[/quote]

Good call Kathy!

Lil is always there, every game! I  remember her in the early 70''s in the Barclay Stand and on Mascot Coaches for away games. She still makes every game, even the midweek trips to the likes of Rotherham in the cup.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[W]?

OTBC

[/quote]

I feel like a pike watching a lure being trawled past me.............[:)]

I went to away games on Lilly''s coach in the 70''s when we were the only coach going, got little or no segrigation and saw Norwich lose almost every time. Where were a few memorable after match parties in a Walthamstow pub in particular but at others all around the country plus one particularly memorable West Ens liaison with Capital Canaries in a pub at the far end of Shaftesbury Avenue. Those were wild times indeed, but al good natured. Yes, Lilly is Ma Norwich no doubt.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I went to away games on Lilly''s coach in the 70''s when we were the only coach going, got little or no segrigation and saw Norwich lose almost every time. Where were a few memorable after match parties in a Walthamstow pub in particular but at others all around the country plus one particularly memorable West Ens liaison with Capital Canaries in a pub at the far end of Shaftesbury Avenue. Those were wild times indeed, but al good natured. Yes, Lilly is Ma Norwich no doubt.[/quote]

I was one of those on Mascot coaches too at that time. I probably know you Rudolph.

Remember going to Wolves in the cup and there were three coaches and I was thrilled to bits! We lost 5-1.

I also remember going to QPR for a league match and it was called off about an hour before kick off. We turned round to head back to Norwich and stopped off in a pub in I think it was Barnet on the way. Tommy Cooper was in there completely off his face. Memories.................

[quote user="Kathy"]

Remember going to Wolves in the cup and there were three coaches and I was thrilled to bits! We lost 5-1.

[/quote]

That was the first away game I went to Kathy! We played a lot better than that scoreline too! Our goal was a twice taken penalty if my memory serves. They had Dougan and Gould up front who were awesome.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[W]?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[W][W]

Damned bait!

OTBC

[quote user="Kathy"]I would vote for Lil Kemp. She has been following Norwich home and away for as long as I''ve been going and that started in the mid-sixties. She must be eighty plus now but she''still there rain or shine.[/quote]

Lilly lives round the corner from me. Always got her Norwich Cap on come Rain or shine!

jas :)

Kathy,

Do you remember the 2-2 draw at Derby when Kevin Reeves got the equaliser and  Lilly''s coach stopped at the chippy in Grantham? I remember seeing the entire Norwich first team buying fish and chips and the great Martin Peters standing his battered cod on the counter so he could put vinegar on his chips. I also remember Ken Brown putting his hand in his pocket and giving some money to the senior ladies on the coach for a drink on the way home.

So many memories....but sadly I missed meeting Tommy Cooper.

I agree Kathy. There aren''t many supporters more dedicated than Lil. She and another lady, Pat, were a regular double act at almost all City games for many years but the last I heard Pat is unable to get to games now.

I occasionally see Lil in '' The Rosary Tavern '' before home matches. She never changes, I doubt ever will, nor would we want her to. Her huge City scarf covered in other clubs metal lapel badges is a real '' Eighth Wonder of the World '' ( and must weigh a ton !! ).

A real '' Mrs Norwich '' to be sure......

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Kathy,

Do you remember the 2-2 draw at Derby when Kevin Reeves got the equaliser and  Lilly''s coach stopped at the chippy in Grantham? I remember seeing the entire Norwich first team buying fish and chips and the great Martin Peters standing his battered cod on the counter so he could put vinegar on his chips. I also remember Ken Brown putting his hand in his pocket and giving some money to the senior ladies on the coach for a drink on the way home.

[/quote]

Yes I do. Sadly with todays footballers (and their dietary requirements) I cant ever see something like that happening again. Although the game is technically superior and more skilful, we have lost a hell of a lot. Win or lose, football was fun in those days. Oh dear I am starting to sound like my mum.

lil kemp is & will  always  be mrs norwich . i have seen give big bernie a mouthful. i remember her going on the pitch at watford before the game , she always remember a face . lil is  a great lady  on the ball city

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Kathy,

[/quote]

Yes I do. Sadly with todays footballers (and their dietary requirements) I cant ever see something like that happening again. [/quote]

Dunn0o Kathy.. i think Paul McVeigh might just have a season ticket to certain Eateries!

jas :)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[W]?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[W][W]

Damned bait!

OTBC

[/quote]

CERTAINLY NOT THAT DELIA SMITH!!!!!!

Damn you BlyBly.....You know I wouldn''t be able to resist it in the end didn''t you?...............[;)]

Saw Lil in the Rosary Tavern last night, as she is always in pre and post match (plus she does the cleaning in the pub after match days). I spoke to her about this message board, and that she had been mentioned as being "Mrs Norwich", she was very proud. Her grandson should be showing her this thread today at some point.

She also showed me an internet printout of a Leeds site with her on it

http://leedsunited.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=888&p=2&stid=8437342