Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Whos going to bother to go to the blackpool replay? Score Predictions?

Im just curious as to how many people will be going..

Im 15, however i have realised that this will be my first FA cup match at carra rud.

So yes, ill be going.

And im wondering on what the score will be as well!

Im going to go for an uneasy 2-1 finish to us.

Others?

Hogesar

[quote user="hogesar"]

Im 15, however i have realised that this will be my first FA cup match at carra rud.

So yes, ill be going.

Others?

Hogesar

[/quote]

I shall be there Hogesar.

My first F.A. CUP  match was v Headington Utd, we won 4-2 with goals from Don Pickwick and a Freddy Kearns hat trick

Names to conjour with for us oldies.

My prediction is 3-1 to City.

Yep, I''m going. I have a seat in the Barclay lower. Apparently the club have sold 17,500 tickets so far, which isn''t a bad response I suppose. I''m hoping there will be at least 20,000 people in the ground on the night, so that we don''t see too many empty seats.

My score prediction: Three nil to us.

I''m going, think they''ve sold over 18000 tickets so far which I think is good for an evening replay.

Wow, more than i expected.

Over 18,000 now, and im assuming a reasonable amount might buy on the night..

im going! lose on penalties at the barclay ;)

its been 10 years since Gunnys heroics at Burnden Park beat Bolton in a shoot out in the league cup

jas :)

sorry mate but we have 6000 tickets for Chelsea and I''ve been told that more than 6000 people have applied for tickets. If you didn''t apply by 2.00pm on Saturday then you ain''t getting a ticket.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="hogesar"]

So yes, ill be going.

Others?

Hogesar

[/quote]

I shall be there Hogesar.

My first F.A. CUP  match was v Headington Utd, we won 4-2 with goals from Don Pickwick and a Freddy Kearns hat trick

Names to conjour with for us oldies.

My prediction is 3-1 to City.

[/quote]

My first FA Cup match has been pretty difficult to better ever since...

Norwich 1 - 0 Ipswich (Keith Bertshin) in front of 28,000 plus at Carrow Road (my first City home game and still the biggest crowd that I have ever been in at Carrow Road I think).

I fear the Blackpool boys will be desperate for that trip to Chelsea....and we''ll be a tad rusty. I reckon 1-2...

Wow! Some surprisingly optimistic score predictions on here tonight! I think they will just about scrape a win being without Lappin & Fotheringham. Maybe even penalties...? Will be brilliant if it comes down to penalties and we actually bleedin'' win for once!

Is Brown suspended for the replay as he got a red card in the 1st leg? Or did he serve the ban in a league game? I can''t remember!

I''ve been going to Carrow Road for 10 years - since I was Hogesar''s age in fact - and have just realised that I''ve NEVER been to an FA Cup match there! Went to a York FA Cup match last season, but have never seen Norwich play in the competition! Probably something to do with limited opportunities to do so in the last 10 years... [:|]

Sadly I did the ultimate romantic thing last October. I looked at the fixture list, decided there was not a cat in hells chance of any mid week footy this week, so booked up to take my wife to Paris for Valentines day. Oh sh*t!

I am going but wouldn''t like to give a prediction as I am considered by a number of people to be a jinx!  Hopefully I will prove them all wrong. 

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

I fear the Blackpool boys will be desperate for that trip to Chelsea....and we''ll be a tad rusty. I reckon 1-2...

[/quote]

Blackpool Boys will be a tad rusty too though Cluck (according to the Pink Un they havent played since we last did either).

I think it could well go to extra time and penalties and think it is really too close to call either way...

I was hoping that we might go out to avoid the fixture congestion heading our way.. but with our game with Derby already being postponed for their 5th Round tie I am just hoping that we come through this tie injury and suspension free!!!

Fingers crossed for a win. 2-0. Would like to go to the Chelsea game all being well, but the only chance of that would be getting tickets with the home crowd no?.

Blackpool had their match on Saturday postponed because of the weather as well.

So both sides will be rusty (or well-rested, depending on your opinion)

I predict a 5-2 win for City, coming  from 2-1 down at half time. If Docherty plays, I predict a 5-6 defeat.

I''m going hogasear, and wiil be in my usual seat in the Lower Barclay.

I hope we win and I think we will win, possibly 3-1 and hopefully Chris Brown can get a couple to set him on his way.

My first FA Cup match was my first ever game at Carrow Road and was 40 years ago. I was 10 and it was the 5th round match against Sheffield Wednesday after we had won 2-1 at Old Trafford in the 4th round. I was part of a crowd of 42,000 and was stood right at the front in the South Stand. We lost 3-1.

I don''t remember Ricardo''s first game, not sure I was even born!! [;)]

I remember Smudgers against piswich though. Keith Bertschin used to play for them although we signed him from Birmingham. He played up front with John Deehan and the fans took to him quite well for an "ex-scummer"!

I can''t go but would have loved to - for me there''s still something special about cup games but midweek games really are hell at the best of times and with several other midweek matches already pencilled in (+ now Derby) this one really was difficult.

Us being us we are bound to make heavy gonig of it, but can''t really see us losing, will go for 2-0 and a trip to Chelsea...

My first FA Cup match was in the 1st round at the Wellesley 1953, Great Yarmouth v Crystal Palace, (then 3rd.Div.South), whilst standing on a fish box saw the Bloaters win 1-0 ! "..their finest hour..." according to the Pink''un.

On the same day City conquered the notorious Yeovil slope to win 2-0 before going out eventually in the 5th. round.

Against Blackpool I fancy us to win about 4-1, can''t think why, just a feeling I have.

Ooo...well, i hear about where everyones sitting.

Im in the upper barclay, with the snakepit below me to the left. Will be with another m8 around the same size, reasonably small i spose.

Give us a hello if yew see me!

Haha

Hogesar.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m going hogasear, and wiil be in my usual seat in the Lower Barclay.

I hope we win and I think we will win, possibly 3-1 and hopefully Chris Brown can get a couple to set him on his way.

My first FA Cup match was my first ever game at Carrow Road and was 40 years ago. I was 10 and it was the 5th round match against Sheffield Wednesday after we had won 2-1 at Old Trafford in the 4th round. I was part of a crowd of 42,000 and was stood right at the front in the South Stand. We lost 3-1.

I don''t remember Ricardo''s first game, not sure I was even born!! [;)]

I remember Smudgers against piswich though. Keith Bertschin used to play for them although we signed him from Birmingham. He played up front with John Deehan and the fans took to him quite well for an "ex-scummer"!

[/quote]

It was 1954 and I was 9 years old.

I was at the Sheff Wed game and also in the South Stand but not at the front. In a 42000 crowd it was impossible to get to the Loo at half time so you were very lucky if someone didn''t pee down your leg.

Oh for the reality of the non coporate days.

[quote user="ray ducker"]City 1 Blackpool 3[/quote]

Are we related ray?....................[:)]

I''m going and taking 3 friends along with me!

The first cup match I really remember was Norwich Southampton, it was live on Radio Solent!  Suffice to say that was my excuse as to why I didnt do my economics essay due the following day!!  I distinctly remember the supply teacher making some funny comment after I told my excuse in class...

I think the game may have been a replay and involve sendings off and something or other...  Someone else can probably fill in the details - I may have to google it.

[quote user="hogesar"]

Ooo...well, i hear about where everyones sitting.

Im in the upper barclay, with the snakepit below me to the left. Will be with another m8 around the same size, reasonably small i spose.

Give us a hello if yew see me!

Haha

Hogesar.

[/quote]

you''ll have a job being in the upper Barclay and still have the snake pit on your left, or shall you be facing the back in some form of protest? [:P]