Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

city worth a punt to beat chelsea?

if we beat blackpool, and we should - prob extra time and pens though, i''ll have a fewquid on city upsetting chelsea and/or drawing.   the odds on us upsetting should be 10-1 plus, its not their best season and if we play upto best we could be in with a squeak. he who dares rodney!Anyone else toying with a speculative dabble?

haha, watched an episode of ''only fools and horses'' today..... and delboy still isnt a millionaire yet! ;)

as much as i would love to see it, i just cant see us getting anything from it, and if you looking for anything , my money would be on a 2-0 or 3-0 win for chelsea

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if we beat blackpool, and we should - prob extra time and pens though, i''ll have a fewquid on city upsetting chelsea and/or drawing.   the odds on us upsetting should be 10-1 plus, its not their best season and if we play upto best we could be in with a squeak.

he who dares rodney!

Anyone else toying with a speculative dabble?
[/quote]

You''re sure gonna need those lucky green trainers - and everything else green - if City are to leave Stamford Bridge with anything less than a defeat ( assuming we win on Tuesday ! )

Today they cruised past Middlesbrough 3-0, apparently without breaking sweat, so the likelihood of even just their front two - cost a mere Â£54,000,000 approx - not being fairly confident of puncturing our defence seems unlikely in the extreme......  

True, Chelsea do have a few injury problems at present, particularly at full-back, but they''re not exactly short of the sort of replacements that rarely get a first team game for the Blues but would be certain regulars in virtually all other Premiership teams.

No, I think our only hope of avoiding a good '' tonking '' is if the home team score a couple early on and then lose interest in the proceedings.

If, on the other hand, Gary '' rent-a-quote '' Doherty insists that " we owe ''em one " after our 7-1 aggregate loss over the two games in our most recent Premiership season, then we''re probably looking at a score of cricket match proportions..........

I agree with you mate, you never know!! We have a slim chance of an upset but it''s still a chance!! And 6000 of us to help make the dream become a reality! I like your positive thinking, and without positive thinking you rarely get anything good out of life!! Keep believing.

Best wishes

S

I personaly think it is worth a dabble. There is not going to be a better time to play them at the moment.

Terry - I should imagine unlikely to be risked unessisarily at the moment.

Cech - Same again.

I think you could also expect to see Lampard and Drogba rested as well plus some others. Yes they do have a big squad but you just never know. We beat Man U when they played a slightly weaker side against us although it was at Carrow Road.

[quote user="chicken"]

I personaly think it is worth a dabble. There is not going to be a better time to play them at the moment.

Terry - I should imagine unlikely to be risked unessisarily at the moment.

Cech - Same again.

I think you could also expect to see Lampard and Drogba rested as well plus some others. Yes they do have a big squad but you just never know. We beat Man U when they played a slightly weaker side against us although it was at Carrow Road.

[/quote]last year, chelski beat the mighty huddersfield 2-1 at home in the 3rd round, hardly a pasting.then in the 5th round they dispatched colchester 3-1.  wow!  the game was live on the box and if i remember colchester gave as good as they got early on and missed a couple of decent chances before being overwhelmed, especially 2nd half.just cos forest rolled over a died without a whimper in the last round, doesn''t mean the likes of dion, hucks and brown will do the same!duffy and gunny could well lift the dressing room - lets face it, with those couple of hairless bullet heads flanking grant either side,  you''d be terrified to give nothing less than a ball-busting 110% performance.  although first, we''ve got to do a pro job on blackpool - to get our chelsea prize.game on i''d say.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Doubt you''d get 10-1. If so I think it''s worth a little flutter but I can''t see an upset personally.[/quote]

I saw odds of 20/1 for Charlton to beat United yesterday, so I reckon we would be at the very least 10/1 to win, Id guess at about 16''s. Either way it would be throwing away money!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Ill offer you all better odds than the bookies on city to win!  Place you bets here at Fogorn''s Bookies!!

I can feel a real money spinner coming on here!

[/quote]

What''s your best price for Norwich to be in the 6th Round CJF?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

duffy and gunny could well lift the dressing room - lets face it, with those couple of hairless bullet heads flanking grant either side,  you''d be terrified to give nothing less than a ball-busting 110% performance. 

game on i''d say.
[/quote]

[:)][:D] lets hope you are right!!

There wiil be 22 men on the field with a pair of legs, a head and a pair of balls each.

Let''s hope our lot are fully equippped and don''t leave anything at home.

Maybe then with a Corporal Jones pep talk ''they don''t like it up them, them foreigners.........'' style from our Granty - and a couple of Hucks specials..........

OTBC

It''s not me talking, it''s that Johnny Walker.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Ill offer you all better odds than the bookies on city to win!  Place you bets here at Fogorn''s Bookies!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would give you at least 100-1 on that I think!!!

Pete wrote: "Almost 60 home games unbeaten, some of you are still deluded about City''s chances, one lucky win and you''re dreaming of glory.  Therapy is available."

Why do you always have to be so malicious about a bit of fun. Of course our chances (assuming we can even get past Blackpool) are practically nil but what is the harm in people speculating. To quote Rob Brydon "Its a bit of fun". Judging by the tone of your post, and your obvious glee at the futility of your team even turning up for the game, perhaps you should inquire about the therapy which you so helpfully point out is available.  

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would give you at least 100-1 on that I think!!!

[/quote]

I''d be quite happy to place £10 with you at 100/1 with the losing bet / winnings going to E.A.C.H.

Quite right Mac.

The kneejerk jumping down people''s throat on this Board is starting to get tiresome.  the whole "What''s your source?", "You must be joking/stupid" response is as ungracious as it is unnecessary.  It is possible to disagree without being rude.

Also, since the fifties, City have made a habit of losing the easy ones and winning the difficult and impossible ones.  There are plenty of examples - more recently of impossible losses rather than wins- but winning at Anfield in 1975 is one. good one to savour with Old Trafford in 1967 being another.

It would be the Norwich way to win this one and I would not be surprised if it happened.

Any odds you get on Norwich winning will be better odds than on winning the lottery.  I take it that all you scoffers never buy a lottery ticket then?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Any odds you get on Norwich winning will be better odds than on winning the lottery. 

[/quote]

That comes as no surprise.........the odds on winning the lottery are around 13,000,000 to1.

As there are only three possible outcomes in deciding a football match even Norwich - with a handicap of their bootlaces being tied together - would be a bit less than that to win at Stamford Bridge.........

Ive got norwich @14/1 to win at chelsea who knows what will happen on

saturday , remember how Colchester gave them a run for there last

season and as jimmy greaves says its a funny old game OTBC

[quote user="andy laz"]Ive got norwich @14/1 to win at chelsea who knows what will happen on

season and as jimmy greaves says its a funny old game OTBC[/quote]that''s the spirit!anyone know best odds for a draw?

[quote user="andy laz"]Ive got norwich @14/1 to win at chelsea who knows what will happen on

season and as jimmy greaves says its a funny old game OTBC[/quote]25/1 on betfair now, draw 7/1 and you can lay Chelsea at 1/5Yes, in all liklihood we won''t win, but 25s is tempting. I think we''ll put up a good performance.