Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Chelsea V Blackpool or Norwich!!!!!

Well, if we do get past Blackpool, we might get on the telly.  And at least we shouldn''t have a pesky quarter-final taking our players minds off fighting against relegation.

Did I get the tone right for the pervading negative tone of this board ? [:)]

Shame it wasn''t a home draw. But adds extra interest to what could have been a dull game against Blackpool.

Chelsea won''t look struggling when we play them! Hopefully we can sign some decent players before then, IF we manage to beat Blackpool which we have to do! I was hoping to draw the scummers, that''d been quite some game, never mind.

what a result!! for me in canterbury its a fantastic draw! and if i cant get a ticket (if we beat blackpool ;)), then it would surely be on tv.... once again arsenal, man united and chelsea at home

I doubt we''ll even get the chance. Blackpool are gonna be so fired up with the prospect of a match at Stamford Bridge. Can''t imagine our boys would be too fussed whether they go there or not.

I am not particularly excited by this draw. I wanted Manchester United to play Chelsea and us to have a more winable game. How many away cup games is that this season?? Oh well, if we were going to win the cup we would have to beat them sometime!!! [;)]

The cynic in me sees this draw as a step closer to a final contested by two out of Chelsea, Man.U. and Arsenal!

I reckon the draw is fixed...Chelsea another home draw...ManUre, another home draw...Arsenal , another home draw...frankly watching all 3 of those teams week in week out on TV is becoming so boring i can''t be bothered to watch most of the time!

Blew a ton in Blackpool, not about to do the same thing in London when I can watch Chelsea spank us for free on the TV. Assuming we get past Blackpool first of course.

Well I guess at least we get 50% of the gate receipts, which at circa £60 per person, plus the tv money. May be some compensation for any embaressment caused.

Magic of the cup in the modern game? Watching the chelsea forest game yesterday I kept seeing an advertising hoarding which read "chelseafc.money.com" ...... Summed up the modern game rather neatly to me ..... With increased prize money in the Premiership starting soon they may as well melt down the FA cup and sell it for scrap ....... or perhaps just stick the top 8 premiership teams only in the cup.

I''m worried. Worried about their midefield of Lampard, Wright Phillips, Ballack and Makalele against Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes. Drogba and Shevchenko against Shackell and Doherty. Ahhhhhh!

It could be a total humiliation, live on TV. Not good.

apparently Forest made about 500K from the game, so there could be a good incentive to get through.

I actually thought city were pretty good on Sat, especially first half.

They looked like a team playing without a lot of confidence, but played

some neat football at times, had some decent attempts on goal and were

a bit unlucky at times. Second half we were up against a battling

physical team and still did ok. Marshall looked good and Robinson

played very well in the centre of defence. Dion should be capain,

organised the defence and was there at the start of the second half

geeing up everyone. Showed how much Doc needs someone of experience

next to him. DD needs to be kept on. Sorry they weren''t appalling

enough for some but they just weren''t. Pity we couldn''t make enough

noise with no roof on the stand tho.

I can''t really see the game being on TV to be honest, whoever gets through. Awful draw to be honest.

Now I''m even more pleased that the lads played for that draw on Saturday [;)]With all 6 cup draws for City being away from home this season, they obviously felt we were missing out - good on ''em.Has the game already been selected for tele? Watford, Preston, Bolton & Fulham look like the pick of the lot to me [8-|]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I''m worried. Worried about their midefield of Lampard, Wright Phillips, Ballack and Makalele against Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes. Drogba and Shevchenko against Shackell and Doherty. Ahhhhhh!

[/quote]

you could use the same logic when we beat Man U, Rooney and Ronaldo didn''t score but leon McKenzie bloody did! 

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

you could use the same logic when we beat Man U, Rooney and Ronaldo didn''t score but leon McKenzie bloody did! 

[/quote]Thank you Marty! Is McKenzie cup-tied, or can we bring him in on loan?[:P]It''s the cup! Anything can happen - just because they were adequate against Forest, means nothing for the next round. They''ll be resting players for Champions League by then (I hope).

The huge monetary incentive should provide additional impetus to bring in new signings .........................  and Riordan wouldn''t be cup tied !

43000 capacity at £45 - £50 a ticket and we get is it 45% of gate receipts so how how much is that??

Could buy us another striker [:)]

Personally I don''t think its worth our trouble, I guarentee we will be slaughtered away to chelsea, even when we have a good team we couldn''t beat them.Its an unnecessary distraction that may cause more injuries, I say we put the youth team out against Blackpool and focus on our main concern of the league.

This draw sums up football at the moment - if we get past Blackpool we have no chance of progressing - depressing and boring - small clubs getting smaller - big clubs getting bigger and more dominant!

Sorry too moan - but unless the small clubs unite we are screwed:-

Options don''t renew your sky and don''t watch the champions league!

Dont think the game will be on TV - This is the info I have.Sat 17 Feb: Man Utd v Reading (12:30 BBC)Sat 17 Feb: Preston v Man City (17:15 BBC)Sun 18 Feb: Bolton v Blackburn (13:30 BBC)Sun 18 Feb: Fulham v Tottenham (16:00 SKY)

This is the perfect draw.

We go out to Chelsea instead of west brom or watford or some other unimpressive side.

There was no "easy" game on offer to us in the next round anyway....who would we have beaten?? none of them.

We may very well get a tv game BECAUSE IF WE AND BORO GO THROUGH THEN WE ARE THE LOWEST LEAGUE TEAM LEFT IN THE COMPETITION AGAINST THE PREM CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!  OH JOY

Remember the last time we played Chelsea in the cup? Didn,t a certain young Mr J Terry get left out because he had been a rascal (aledgely) in a night club before the game. Now look at him....will be their manager one day. Every team needs characters and we don''t have any at the moment? (We got a draw here and a thrashing at Chelsea.).

[quote user="Satriales"]Dont think the game will be on TV - This is the info I have.

Sat 17 Feb: Man Utd v Reading (12:30 BBC)
Sat 17 Feb: Preston v Man City (17:15 BBC)
Sun 18 Feb: Bolton v Blackburn (13:30 BBC)
Sun 18 Feb: Fulham v Tottenham (16:00 SKY)
[/quote]

Bolton v Blackburn:O Bet that will bring in the ratings...

It''ll be damn embarrasing - we''ll get absolutely slaughtered.

I doubt it if we''ll do as well as Forest did & although they were rubbish, afterall it was only 3 - 0.

I hope it''s not on telly, couldn''t stand it if we got hammered, which we will. Nevermind the money, pride is what matters.

Time to consult the record books - what was our previous biggest FA Cup defeat ?

[quote user="mbncfc"]I can''t really see the game being on TV to be honest, whoever gets through. Awful draw to be honest.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, i cant see why the game would be put on tv again, when there is no realistic chance of an upset, when chelsea were on in the last round, when there is no real glamour about the tie and probably alot better games in the draw.

Hopefully i''m wrong.

Perhaps we might get the replay on tv though, there are 3 replays, 2 are likely to be on tv. Bristol city will be 1, and i''d expect arsenal bolton to be the other but there original tie was on so they may not show the repaly.