Sign in to follow this  
Canary Tyke

Dear Darren - Chill Chap

Dear darren

You have become an absolute cult hero at norwich, you are one of the most exciting players that we have seen on the famous Carrow Road turf, and I still have visions of you single handedly ripping Cardiff apart during the last game of your loan spell, and then you nearly made me cry as you walked off the pitch.

During that time, you seemed to be playing some of the best football I have seen you play. You seemed happy, relaxed, confident and at one with yourself.

Since then though matey what has happened? You seem to of got a little uptight and frustrated with yourself and the team.

Everyone is now out to get you but then we knew they would be. Teams are changing the way they play to combat your speed and skill.... but we knew they would. We know that you can''t win every game for us...... but then we knew you wouldn''t.

Darren, please stop putting yourself under the pressure. Chill chap, you live in Norfolk, the Jamaica of England, relax. Enjoy your football and stop beating yourself up. Don''t give people reason to get on your back by arguing with the ref etc, just get up and crack on. Just becasue you haven''t skinned the bloke this time does not mean you won''t the next time. We are all behind you.

let your football flow my man!

Melbourne Canary,
Not sure why you think Hucks has got upset and frustrated with himself or the team unless of course you know something we dont know.I havent seen any frustration with his team mates and he stills look confident to me.And as for enjoy your football and stop beating yourself up,let your football flow my man,try a psychiatrist,he may be able to help you.
Doubt if he reads this board and your letter to him offering advice would probably be the last thing he needs anyway

sure the right sentiments are there melbourne, but darren don''t need your help mate, if he did i am sure he would ask

he is fine, and i am sure not as uptight as many users of this message board, what has he to worry about, certainly not his own immeasureable ability, but he has bigger problems on his mind - mainly our non-midfield being able to pass to him, it isn''t his fault that we have a hit and hoof mentality at present, that he is the target for everything out of defence

when you are as good as darren undoutedly is, it is easy for the rest of the team to assume they no longer have to try, just get it to DH, they think, but never mind the four or five passing moves, the thinking man''s game, we can play park stuff and just boot it to him, if he is tackled or challenged, he can just dive and get a free kick!!

when the rest of the team learn to pass the ball, mix the styles up a bit and compete and go past people then darren will revert to just another team player, at the moment he is used as our only means of attack and no one, not even DH can beat four or more defenders, and if he does, who does he play it too, no one is there!!

We have to go out and boss these last few games, get back to what we do best - passing and moving, getting some good crosses in from wingers (say who?) getting mulryne to boss midfield and create, not the defence to boot it up to someone (svensson or roberts) who if they win it immediately concede a free kick. We are top of the league and should play like we are so.

DH was brought here to compliment this team, to be a match winner and he has been. Since then we have started to go backwards tactically, we don''t have to play hit and hope, we do have to start playing football again, starting on saturday, hopefully with drury and brennan back. We cannot play any passengers, so everyone must play in their rightful positions. And put McKenzie and Hucks on together, with input from the wide players and from Mullers let''s see if we can make a difference and start to play

sermon over

This formula of having just two upfront is leaving Hucks exposed to the tender mercies of neanderthals who have orders to kick hell out of him as soon as he gets the ball ! , he needs some back up as soon as the ball reach`s him !! its no good just lobbing the ball up the park to a guy who is surrounded by plug ugly defenders , bent on making him a stretcher case ! , if there are three or more of our players around him when he gets the ball he will be in his element .......... defence will be in a state of confusion ........ and thats when goals are scored !

The best defence is attack , just be ready for counter attacks ! , employ a sweeper to boot the ball back up to the strikers ........... we have to get bodies into the opponents penalty area .......................

Quality got a discussion going, agree with all of you, especially the tatics shifting and the need for the rest of the team supporting. The hit and hoof is frustrating, we don''t need to control it in midfield not bypass it.

I am a season ticket holder and have missed 5 away games this season and have noticed that over the past few games at Cardiff, Palace, and the last couple at home I have seen DH just getting a little bit narked. Against West Brom they tried to mark him out of the game Yet he is so good he still lost that cheating defender numerous times and gained 2 yards each time.

I agree the rest of the team is not helping him but those majic runs that he does, well he seems to be losing the ball in he''s feet more and that seems to frustrate him and slowly the pressure builds.

I believe that he moved to Norfolk because he loves the area, the club and the fans. And he is right, best county in Britain, Best club in the world and the fans still adore him, and I believe that he is a quality player that will have a massive part to play in the Premiership.

I just think he needs to relax and get he''s old belief in himself back. As he gets stressed he tenses and he''s runs don''t flow. Before it seemed he did it without thinking now he seems to think to much.

More than certain he doesn''t need my help and he does''nt read the message board and if he does this is not a dig it is more a personla observation. Dr Worthy will sort the bhoys out so next year I can be watching Premiership whilst all the Forest fans and Ram fans round me will be watching 2nd division!!

Come on you yellows!

PS Melbourne is just outside Derby

Good work, i agree, and I hope DH reads it. I think he does look a little worked-up at the moment. he would be much more of a threat if he kept his emotions to himself a little more, when opponents see you are rattled it means they are on top and it gives them a mental lift and is good for their morale (at least i think so!). Melbourne Canary, is that Melbourne OZ or Melbourne Derbyshire?

bob dave, is this meant to be a serious comment? If so, prepare for your doom from hundreds of posters on here, but I need an answer first so that I don''t waste time spouting forth if you have your tongue firmly planted in your cheek! You owe us all that, at least.

bob dave,
So you think Hucks is crap do you. Why dont you just go back to wherever you came from.We dont want you on here.

city angel

he is either a scummer, blind or just a wind up merchant, or all three, never mind him, WE know the qualities of DH

bob dave

chill out mate, and try and engage eyes to brain to mouth (or fingers, if ever posting on here again)