Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Non Entities!

We''re now apparently close to signing two non entities from Scotland:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED30%20Jan%202007%2011%3A28%3A10%3A530

I shall not name them (one''s from St Mirren apparently) as they are both so mundane that they do not deserve a mention by me!.

Hands up, and if you''re honest, they wern''t on your lips on January the 1st either were they?. More Robo''s, Browns and Dickson''s type panic buys then.

As I said in December:  No new signings of any quality will come.

In that respect Grant and the club haven''t let me down....................that''s if Wigan don''t beat us to them..................please!.

ok wiz, just to stop your moaning lets all phone up sir alex or mourinhio and persuade them to sell us rooney or drogba for 50p and a pack of tic tacs.

what do you expect for a mediocre championship club, players just dont want to come here. and by the looks of that youtube video of fotheringham he is quality we lack.

why dont u try and be a fan and support the club. go and look up the definition of support, and once you''ve done that try and do it until they actually do something earthshatteringly bad.

you wanted worthy dropped... umm where is he?

you wanted youths played? eagle had a shot jarvis had a shot

you wanted deadwood gone, five have gone on loan.

just shut it for once wiz.

Ok Wiz, a few questions :

• Do you accept that Grant needs to strengthen this team in many areas ?
  • Do you also accept that we do not have a great deal of money to do this, especially when we are budgetting wages for next season (no parachute payments) ?
  • Can you see that it might be neccesary to bring in capable, if unproven players who want to make a name for themselves in England ?

As Sir Alf Ramsey once said, you pick the players that make the best team.  On that basis, I''m glad we haven''t yet bought any "name" signings.  We already have a few of those, but we don''t have a great team yet.

1st Wizard, after having spent the last few years on here disagreeing with the vast majority of what you write...I now find myself in the somewhat unusual position of agreeing with seemingly everything you write.

Sadly, I agree with you, in that we have a loud-mouthed manager who talks a good game, can''t sign a player who anyone has ever heard of, and utilises poor selection and tactics.

I am in all honesty, quite throughly bored of supporting Norwich.

Yesterday you said and I quote :

"In fact, I predict, that we will sign NO ONE before the transfer window slams shut."

Now it appears we might be signing some players, you amend it slightly so that it fits into another of your endless rants to "As I said in December:  No new signings of any quality will come."

Would you prefer signings or no signings? 

BTW have you ever seen Mark Fotheringham or Simon Lappin play? My guess would be no, so why are you assuming they will be crap because previous signing ( by another manager) have been?  Just be upbeat like the rest of us, that we might just have a few new players by the weekend, regardless of reputation. Slagging players off before they join or play for us is just foolish and may well land some egg on your face, if  infact they turn out to be rather damn good.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We''re now apparently close to signing two non entities from Scotland:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED30%20Jan%202007%2011%3A28%3A10%3A530

I shall not name them (one''s from St Mirren apparently) as they are both so mundane that they do not deserve a mention by me!.

Hands up, and if you''re honest, they wern''t on your lips on January the 1st either were they?. More Robo''s, Browns and Dickson''s type panic buys then.

As I said in December:  No new signings of any quality will come.

In that respect Grant and the club haven''t let me down....................that''s if Wigan don''t beat us to them..................please!.

[/quote]

Thats it then, no point in going to whatch the new signings, they must be total crap because Granty signed ''em. Lets all jump off Carrow Brdge tonight, there is no point going on. We got''em on the cheap so they must be rubbish  ................ ........................Whatever happened to giving people a fair chance?

As I said in Octfebsepuary. This Club under this manager will let all our quality players such as Flem and Hendo leave the club for nothing and sign a load of useless Scottish journeymen who are not fit to lace Thornes boots.

You wait and see if  i''m right!!!!

Anyway, if I''m wrong I said the exact opposite last Novjanber just before my rant about the club not having a statue of Neil Doncaster.

I have to say that I''m not a big fan of this new craze of trying to destroy every player that comes here before even giving them a kick of the ball. And before you say you don''t, yes you do! We obviously haven''t got tons of cash or the league position to attract bigger or ''known'' players here so we are going to have to hope that we can uncover a little known gem with potential as a lot of people on here have been suggesting. Now, if you want realism, that is realistic. If they come here, at least lets give them a chance FFS.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I said in Octfebsepuary. This Club under this manager will let all our quality players such as Flem and Hendo leave the club for nothing and sign a load of useless Scottish journeymen who are not fit to lace Thornes boots.

You wait and see if  i''m right!!!!

Anyway, if I''m wrong I said the exact opposite last Novjanber just before my rant about the club not having a statue of Neil Doncaster.

[/quote]

....a lightweight one trick pixie should never be the focus of anyone''s rallying cry, even in jest

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

• Do you also accept that we do not have a great deal of money to do this, especially when we are budgetting wages for next season (no parachute payments) ?

[/quote]

Triple B:

In reply to your question, I want to know where the money from the Ashton and Green sales has gone. And where the 2 million quid for the aborted Cotterill deal has gone too.

I''m talking about a serious wad of cash here.

Somehing doesn''t add up.

[quote]In reply to your question, I want to know where the money from the Ashton and Green sales has gone.[/quote]In simplistic terms (I don''t have access to the accounts)Ashton money = Crewe''s initial fee, Crewe''s sell on fee, Ashtons'' agents fees, Earnshaws'' fee to WBA, Earnshaws'' sign-up costs + agents fees.  People claim incompetence when they see the headline figures and do simple maths on that basis, but don''t take into account the slices of the cake that go to 20%ers that make transfers happen.Green / McKenzie money would have been spent on Cotterill, I expect whatever was available then is probably being spent in the most effective way possible now.  Can we get 3 or 4 players in, and if it''s only 3, then who do you sacrifice, that kind of logic is being applied, I would speculate.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]that kind of logic is being applied, I would speculate.[/quote]One for the English classroom...Out of the two words highlighted above, which would you say is more likely to be applied during conversations with the character known as "1st Wizard"? Give reasons for your answers.  (3 Marks)

wiz whatever the club does is wrong in your opinion and we get it so unless you have something new or vaguelyt interesting to read please just don''t bother posting.