Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

hARDCORE

There has been alot of talk on here of late about unrest, SO YOU WONT renew your season ticket

The true fans of this great club will always follow through good times and bad

The hardcore stayed with it even through those dark days pre Worthy   and the hardcore will always be there

So you people who only came onboard when things were rosey in the garden can jump ship if you want

I have been yellow and green since 1972, and even though i live in Oxford i could pick and choose any game i wanted, that was until  all you glory chaseing fans climbed on, now only being a member im told what games i can go to at home, and the away season ticket means not much chance there aswell

So i say to all you so called fans who are getting 2nd thoughts JUMP,JUMP,JUMP

Living in Oxford & ONLY a member?  Hardly hardcore, more like Television X

Bangkok resident & still season ticket holder at Carrow Rd (one of two out here actually), 2 games at carrow rd this season so far, 2 more in the next week when i come back for a few days. 

[quote user="Rabbit"]

There has been alot of talk on here of late about unrest, SO YOU WONT renew your season ticket

The hardcore stayed with it even through those dark days pre Worthy   and the hardcore will always be there

So you people who only came onboard when things were rosey in the garden can jump ship if you want

I have been yellow and green since 1972, and even though i live in Oxford i could pick and choose any game i wanted, that was until  all you glory chaseing fans climbed on, now only being a member im told what games i can go to at home, and the away season ticket means not much chance there aswell

[/quote]

Hopefully the final three words of the above describes your descent from third story window. Bilge..........

I would rather pay for nexts years ticket and then leave the seat empty all season than let someone who spouts such unadulterated rubbish have it.  You are no more a supporter than anyone else, but unfortunately you are one of a dwindling number of people who simply cannot see the reality of the clubs situation.

Hardcore was being present at the only time in my lifetime that the crowd dipped below 10,000. Birmingham - we drew 3-3, danced in the empty aisles when Llewellyn put us 3-1 up. How many of the sycophant circus remember that one?? Not many i''ll wager.

[quote user="charlies dad"]

Hardcore was being present at the only time in my lifetime that the crowd dipped below 10,000. Birmingham - we drew 3-3, danced in the empty aisles when Llewellyn put us 3-1 up. How many of the sycophant circus remember that one?? Not many i''ll wager.

[/quote]

i remember that one!  was my first season as season ticket and i was in the family inclosure, dint bellamy score too that day?

I remember that.  Chris Llwellyn and below 10000 crowd.  And that was a great time because....?

[/quote]

I remember it well Charlies Dad. I can remember a few weeks prior to that (i think it was anyway) losing 4-0 to charlton infront of 9000 people as well...(made noteable for the fact we had 2 perfectly fine goals ruled out from flecky and Rob Newman, the keeper booted the ball off Newmans backside only for Andy D''urso to mystically rule it out!)

Where were all the "loyal" supporters then? Football was cheaper than it is now and tickets were always available... Funny how those "fans" all decided to come back to Carrow Road after the playoff season wasnt it?

id sooner have 9000 loyal fans than 20000 part timers! and i dont care if i get slaughtered for my opinion.. there was no excuse for not going back then!!!! those fans who blindly support the club werent in that 9000 crowd?? why not? why come out since we have been in the prem and open your mouth telling us how wonderful Worthy and Delia were? Where were u when we lost 6-1 to Portvale, Drew 3-3 With birmingham, lost 5-0 to the scum.. Come on then all u Johnny Come latelys.. where Where u? lets be avin u? to qoute ur favourite Ladies mantra!

jas :)

[/quote]

Seen quite a few games below 10,000 gate Chas Dad. Remember the Brummy one you speak of very well. I can also remember a game against Bristol City some time in the 60''s, bloody awful it was with a gate of less than 8000. The old main stand season ticket holders got so sick of it that they chucked their seat cushions on the pitch. It was the highpoint of the match.

I''ve seen a lot worse rubbish than the present team over the last fifty years so I won''t be giving up my season ticket yet. If you want continual success go and support Manu or Chelski or whoever else is doing well at the time. True Canary fans would never desert their team no matter what goes on behind the scenes. One thing you can always be sure of is that the moaners will all come crawling back when the good times return.

The dark days come and go and the fickle fans come and go with them.

[quote user="Rabbit"]

[/quote]

Eureka! The club needs more rabbits.

Ricardo you hit the nail on the head.

What is not renewing, moaning, etc doing to help our club?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

Seen quite a few games below 10,000 gate Chas Dad. Remember the Brummy one you speak of very well. I can also remember a game against Bristol City some time in the 60''s, bloody awful it was with a gate of less than 8000. The old main stand season ticket holders got so sick of it that they chucked their seat cushions on the pitch. It was the highpoint of the match.

I''ve seen a lot worse rubbish than the present team over the last fifty years so I won''t be giving up my season ticket yet. If you want continual success go and support Manu or Chelski or whoever else is doing well at the time. True Canary fans would never desert their team no matter what goes on behind the scenes. One thing you can always be sure of is that the moaners will all come crawling back when the good times return.

[/quote]

Are you Andrew Cullen?

[quote user="Rabbit"]

[/quote]

Yawn!

[quote user="blacko"]

[/quote]

How about re-establishing some credibility to NCFC  and forcing the club''s great "saviour" into producing a miracle or two for her adoring flock.

Do nothing but smell the roses and we''re done for.....long term.

[quote user="blacko"]

[/quote]Its called making a stand. If more had done so earlier then Worthington would never have started this season. The only real power the fans have is bums on seats. In a perverse sense its sometimes the sincere fans who choose NOT to go to games.

I posted a similar thread last week. I came to the conclusion that we have too many season ticket holders who are really casual fans. Season ticket holders used to be people like me who would go to the games regardless of success. The hardcore or diehards if you like, or even the sheep as cluck would have them called.

There was never many more than 11/12,000 of these in my time as a supporter and it wasn''t until the last few seasons that we got anywhere near 15,000 season ticket holders let alone 20,000.

At the moment there are many going to games because they have bought a season ticket rather than because they want to. Many have stated on here that they only go because they feel obliged to. If they didn''t have there season tickets they would pick and choose their games. Another poster on here pointed out how there is no value in owning a season ticket if you don''t want to go to all the games, it would be cheaper to become a casual fan.

Everyone would gain if the amount of season tickets were to drop:-

• Those that don''t want to go to games while we are playing poorly wouldn''t feel obliged to go.
  • The atmosphere in the ground would be better for those that do still want to go.
  • There would be more tickets available for casual fans who want to go sometimes.
  • And the club would sell more seats at casual prices especially when we are succesful again.

I think it would be a good idea to never have more than 16,000 season ticket holders ever again.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="blacko"]

[/quote]

How about re-establishing some credibility to NCFC  and forcing the club''s great "saviour" into producing a miracle or two for her adoring flock.

[/quote]

Fair comment Cluck but what is your solution to the problem? I don''t see how continually bemoaning the situation is going to do any good at all. We are all aware of the woefull lack of quality in the present team but harping on about Worthys poor signings gets us nowhere. Granty has only had a few short weeks in the job so it is out of order to judge him on that.

It would seem to me that we are short of money and quality and both are needed for a successful side. Withdrawing support will only make the financial side of things worse. Delia & Co own the club, its their train set and they can do what they like with it but are you seriously suggesting that they are willfully out to destroy it? It would be great if somebody came in who could wave pound notes at the problem but we all know that is unlikely to happen.

Be passionate and speak your mind by all means but withdrawing support will only hasten the decline of the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I posted a similar thread last week. I came to the conclusion that we have too many season ticket holders who are really casual fans. Season ticket holders used to be people like me who would go to the games regardless of success. The hardcore or diehards if you like, or even the sheep as cluck would have them called.

There was never many more than 11/12,000 of these in my time as a supporter and it wasn''t until the last few seasons that we got anywhere near 15,000 season ticket holders let alone 20,000.

At the moment there are many going to games because they have bought a season ticket rather than because they want to. Many have stated on here that they only go because they feel obliged to. If they didn''t have there season tickets they would pick and choose their games. Another poster on here pointed out how there is no value in owning a season ticket if you don''t want to go to all the games, it would be cheaper to become a casual fan.

Everyone would gain if the amount of season tickets were to drop:-

• Those that don''t want to go to games while we are playing poorly wouldn''t feel obliged to go.

• The atmosphere in the ground would be better for those that do still want to go.

• There would be more tickets available for casual fans who want to go sometimes.

• And the club would sell more seats at casual prices especially when we are succesful again.

I think it would be a good idea to never have more than 16,000 season ticket holders ever again.

[/quote]

so who are you going to ban from having a season ticket, because thats what yould have to do to limit numbers...the kid who''s on his first year, or the grandad whos on his 30th...are you going to judge each individuals worthyness to own a season ticket, to make room for casual fans

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="blacko"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair comment Cluck but what is your solution to the problem? I don''t see how continually bemoaning the situation is going to do any good at all. We are all aware of the woefull lack of quality in the present team but harping on about Worthys poor signings gets us nowhere. Granty has only had a few short weeks in the job so it is out of order to judge him on that.

It would seem to me that we are short of money and quality and both are needed for a successful side. Withdrawing support will only make the financial side of things worse. Delia & Co own the club, its their train set and they can do what they like with it but are you seriously suggesting that they are willfully out to destroy it? It would be great if somebody came in who could wave pound notes at the problem but we all know that is unlikely to happen.

Be passionate and speak your mind by all means but withdrawing support will only hasten the decline of the club.

[/quote]

Fair enough....but at which point are we supposed to kick back? I haven''t gone on about sacking Grant...not because I rate him....but because it is an impractical thing to do. I rarely slag off individual players either...because I feel most of them are performing at their natural level as journeymen. I try not to slag off Worthington to often either....because he too was working at his maximum level....and who in their right mind would walk away from a £600000 contact pay-off?

My angst is aimed at the Board....the only element at the club who have under-performed through a deliberate policy of "prudence" and caution....and the only element who could have really made any difference.  If certain fans had had the passion and nerve to "stay away" in protest prior to this January window....then maybe the Board could have been "pushed" into action and purchases may have been more likely. As it is, they''ve taken the p*ss out of your "loyalty" yet again.

As it is now....and after the window has closed, I agree that there is no point in staying away in protest. It would do nothing but unsettle an already poor team.....and demoralise the whole club, possibly pushing to the brink of relegation. The moment has passed...and while me and others were asking for a powerful sign for the club to act....too many were busy smelling the roses. If the club does go down, still playing to "full houses"...I will have a clear conscience that I tried to make my point...but those who sat on their hands in blissful denial can have no such peace of mind. You''re getting what you deserve basically.

We''ve finally reaped what we''ve sowed as a club.....and I''m fast losing interest.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I would not ban anyone from having a season ticket. There are plenty of people who have season tickets now who don''t want them, just read this board everyday and you will see that! When they don''t renew their tickets will be taken up by those on the waiting list. But IF this poor run of form continues the amount of season tickets will drop to a realistic level. I just think we should then keep it at that level which I believe would be best all round.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I would not ban anyone from having a season ticket. There are plenty of people who have season tickets now who don''t want them, just read this board everyday and you will see that! When they don''t renew their tickets will be taken up by those on the waiting list. But IF this poor run of form continues the amount of season tickets will drop to a realistic level. I just think we should then keep it at that level which I believe would be best all round.

[/quote]

Sorry Nigel...but you''re miles out. I bought my tickets in good faith on the basis that the club would deliver on their promises. They haven''t...and I''m p****d about it. If I bought a car with certain assurances regarding performance....would I not have room to complain should it fail to deliver? Of course I would.

To be honest, there are quite a number of people on here who defend the faith...but don''t part with their money regularly on matchdays. It doesn''t devalue their "support"....but it does exclude them from aiming certain shots at those of us who do. Those of us who have season tickets have every right to demand more....as sitting at home listening to events on the radio is all too easy.

Re the availabilty of "casual tickets" however, I totally agree....and personally I''ve viewed the current situation as a cynical scam to fill the ground. There should be ready availability to students...shift workers....and everybody who follows the club but can''t manage/maintain a season ticket. Jas put it perfectyly on another thread....that the club would be better served with 15000 enthusiastic supporters than 22000 "day trippers".

We need to return to real grass roots....and if it takes league one to do it....then that''s how it must be.

[/quote]

...my main point with this is the myth that the atmosphere would improve...IMHO atmosphere is purely down to the football on offer not the makeup of the crowd...my dad doesn''t go anymore as can rarely get a ticket...when he does he sits there with his flask and doesnt make a sound...Im sorry i just dont buy into this casual fans make more noise stuff...

Cluck

I wasn''t referring to you when I was talking about season ticket holders. Why on earth would I have been?????

I was refering to the people who have posted on here that they are not going to renew their tickets and only go now out of obligation because they have already paid!

The "cynical scam" as you call it probably costs the club money in the long term, and as I said before, I believe a reduction is season ticket holders would be good for everyone.

I don''t buy into it either Pru!

By atmosphere I meant an end to the angry atmosphere of protest that has been inside the ground since we got relegated from the Premiership. Posters on this thread referred other periods in our history where the team played poorly and the attendances reflected this. The ground wasn''t full of people who didn''t want to be there so the atmosphere was better. That''s all I am saying. I am not advocating people should have their season tickets taken off them nor am I suggesting that people shouldn''t have the right to protest if they are unhappy.

People have posted on this very board that they only go to games because they feel obligated as they have a season ticket. All I am saying is that in my opinion the atmosphere in the ground would be better if all the fans wanted to be there even if it meant smaller crowds.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

i remember that one!  was my first season as season ticket and i was in the family inclosure, dint bellamy score too that day?

[/quote] Yes he did.. ! we had lots of teenagers, and Brum had Steve Bruce at centre half., the enthusiasm of the kids was so infectious 10,000 sounded like 40,000, Brum equalised with the last kick of the match..  

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yes he did.. ! we had lots of teenagers, and Brum had Steve Bruce at centre half., the enthusiasm of the kids was so infectious 10,000 sounded like 40,000, Brum equalised with the last kick of the match..  [/quote]

actually thinking back didnt we go 1-0 up then 3-2 down then draw 3-3? or is that a different game?

i might dig the video out

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."][quote user="charlies dad"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yes he did.. ! we had lots of teenagers, and Brum had Steve Bruce at centre half., the enthusiasm of the kids was so infectious 10,000 sounded like 40,000, Brum equalised with the last kick of the match..  [/quote]

actually thinking back didnt we go 1-0 up then 3-2 down then draw 3-3? or is that a different game?

i might dig the video out

[/quote]Jas, I was there (as I was at the Charlton game you mentioned, and Tranmere at home (0-2), and the scummers away (aarrgghh!)): we went 2-0 down, came back to lead 3-2 (hence the jubilation in the stands), but Brum got a late equaliser. It was an incredibly inexperienced, weakened side we had that night: and the point we got, as well as those we picked up from 2 down at Stockport and Sheffield United (a pivotal game on Easter Monday), showed we at least had the spirit to get out of trouble: which, thank heavens, we did. I''ve never been more fearful as a fan than during that season: I felt we were in trouble all year long (even when we were in the top half around Xmas), and was convinced we were going down when we catastrophically went 3-0 down at home to Bradford on Easter Saturday. This season''s been depressing - but in terms of us being in trouble, it doesn''t even come close to 97/8: well, not yet, anyway...

Cluck

I wasn''t referring to you when I was talking about season ticket holders. Why on earth would I have been?????

I was refering to the people who have posted on here that they are not going to renew their tickets and only go now out of obligation because they have already paid!

The "cynical scam" as you call it probably costs the club money in the long term, and as I said before, I believe a reduction is season ticket holders would be good for everyone.

[/quote]

Ok then Nigel....you can sleep with me tonight then.........[;)]