Sign in to follow this  
bats

A little bit worried!

At the minute i am rather concerned with the current situation at our beloved club. I was slightly suprised with the appointment of PG earlier in the season and am yet undecided as to whether it was a good decision. He is certainly talking the talk but as results show he is yet to walk the walk. I am fully of the opinion that he needs more time to bring in his own players instead of fumbling around with the crock of wasters left by a certain NW. Whether he will be given the backing of the board is still yet to be seen and with only 26hrs left things aren''t looking good. Fotheringham seems like a good bit of business (if we get him) coz he''s free and has a good bit of experience for a young lad and there''s talk of the fella from st mirren. Now i''m all for buyin good young talent and it''s about time we did, but are they going to be up to the task of getting us through this dog fight that we now find ourselves in and keep us in this division. We desperately need some quality in the squad but i understand that it''s a vicious circle, that because of our league position good players don''t always want to be scrapping at the bottom of the championship. I just wish that we could show a bit of ambition just like when we won the championship and gained promotion. I just don''t know what has happened to the vision of the board because they are the same personnel as then but all ambition seems to have flown out of the window. There is such a real chance of relegation now that what is going to happen if we do go down. Who on earth are we going to sign with enough quality to get us back up? We all know about Notts Forest and Sheff Wed, massive clubs who got sucked down and struggled/still struggling to get up. Earnie, Hucks and Etuhu will all go and what are we left with then, an absolute paperthin squad of over rated players and a bunch of highly rated kids who have no league experience. I just don''t think the board are that bothered. I know Delia loves the club but her drive seems to have gone, especially after her comments about inviting buyers for the club, i''d bet my house on it that she wouldn''t have made those comments two seasons ago. We need a spark to ignite things and maybe a couple of biggish signings will cheer us all up and get things going again, so bring it on PG, ND and DS give us some good news and get us back up where we belong in the Premier (obviously not this season!).

OTBC       

This is a well summed up debut bats, with sentements I follow pretty much to the letter as we speak.

I think though, that we as supporters are not always privvy to the information we need. We don''t know how much money is available firstly, we also don''t know the issues surrounding our failure to sign certain individuals and also the issues surrounding those we do sign in most cases. We don''t know specifically what type of player the manager wants, we also don''t know the fees involved I.E. wages, add-ons and percentage payments to previous clubs etc. So with this in mind, it is very difficult for us to cast blame and point fingers at certain individuals when we don''t truly know the facts. We could look at other clubs and make comparisons but as you no doubt know, each club is very unique, wether it be geographically, financially or staus wise amongst other factors. Ultimately we as supporters are at this point in time, presented with a beloved club that is not producing the right results for us. Moving on to your point about the directors interest, I think it can be assumed right now that Delia and Co, are approaching the end of their financial interest, given the recent statements about offering the clubs major stake at a price plus additional funds. It is with this belief, that I conclude our only way forward now is seek alternative majority ownership. This can bring added investment, fresh entusiasm and directional drive that is in my opinion lacking and can be reflected upon, by the overall situation but not using specific cases.