Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Here's an idea Grant!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="john"]

who would you want to take over..another manager with no money could not do any better

[/quote]

Mr Williams at Colchester seems to be doing okay on a tight budget......................I wonder why that is John?.

[/quote]

So did Parkinson last season, what happened to him again????

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Stop twisting things NN, and answer the Colchester question.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stop bein'' moody!! [:P]

What was the Colchester question??

[quote] answer the Colchester question.[/quote]If I may interject - the answer to the Colchester question is that they have a good team, not great individuals.  And yet you''re unhappy because we haven''t signed anyone you''ve heard of, as if signing great individuals would make a difference (it hasn''t so far).

[/quote]

[/quote]

....Oh, what fun! An ironic point from the TwistMaster himself.....

[/quote]

[/quote]What has this got to do with how well or not Peter Grant is doing? it''s a completly different set of circumstances and is hardly a fair comparison.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="john"]

who would you want to take over..another manager with no money could not do any better

[/quote]

Mr Williams at Colchester seems to be doing okay on a tight budget......................I wonder why that is John?.

[/quote]

Would that be because they signed players no one else wanted/had heard of/thought past their best but were motivated to performa as a team rather than a set of individuals because they were all hungry for the same thing?

Fothering could be the next Crook or the next Carey for all I know - but if we are interested in him and he solves a problem slot for us then I will give him a go - much rather spend a little on potential than loan in a hughes clone 

I try to make it a rule not to get personal on this messageboard: I know where such an approach can lead. I also generally ignore 1st Wizard''s posts: let''s face it, they''re only ever designed to get a reaction. Well, congratulations Wiz: you''ve succeeded this time: a reaction from me is what you''re about to get.Two years ago, you were regaling all and sundry with your mystical certainty that we were going to stay up. Then you swiftly turned into vociferous ''Worthy Out!'' mode, only to laughably perform a complete volte-face after just a few games of this season (when many of us who''d been desperate for either the board or the manager to do the decent and obvious thing ever since late 2005 had certainly not changed our minds: it was ludicrously to suddenly assume things were rosy, and the problems hadn''t just gone away). But with your credibility shredded, did this stop you? Of course not: within weeks, you were back demanding the manager resign - and since then, have become more and more ludicrous in your abuse of the board, as well as a manager who hasn''t even been in charge for half a season yet.Your incessant posts are not so much attention-seeking as constantly shouting from the rooftops, "Look at me! Look at me!" A ratio between the amount of threads you start and others you contribute to would make very interesting reading: but hey, who cares what anyone else thinks, eh Wizard? This is only a messageboard, intended to debate and exchange our views, after all... Not only that, but there''s no logic or consistency in your argument whatsoever. One minute, you''re fretting about our obvious lack of resources: all well and good, a huge amount of us agree that the board has made a total and utter mess of the past two years, frittering away our Premiership money and parachute payments, and managing to neither stick nor twist when it came to either backing our former manager unreservedly (and hence allowing him to make crucial signings), or politely thanking him for the memories, but deciding to move on (and thus appoint someone else, who could make his own crucial signings).The situation we are in now is down to a combination of the board and Nigel Worthington: but is this enough for you? Of course not! We have a pathetically weak squad: blame Grant! We have desperately little available to spend: blame Grant! We''ve signed few new players, dangerously late in the transfer window: blame Grant! We seem about to make a couple of new acquisitions (less than 24 hours after you predicted we wouldn''t sign anybody): and before watching them play even a single game, still you find a reason to attack them, and blame the manager once again.Absolutely, we are in a mess: look at the squad. Look at the lack of cover, and general lack of quality or desire contained within. Look at the accounts: at the debt, and certainty of key players being sold once our parachute payments run out in the summer. This is going to take years to sort out: as you of all people should acknowledge, given your continual attitude of "We''re doomed! Doomed!" Meanwhile, our young manager is on a learning curve, working on a shoestring, and has had no chance whatsoever to build his own team yet: but still it doesn''t stop you from putting the boot in. We are essentially where we are when Worthington left: hardly surprising, given all the problems I''ve mentioned. What the hell do you expect? The manager to wave his magic wand, suddenly have several million to spend, and transform us back into a Premiership side overnight? He can only do what he can - which hasn''t been brilliant so far, but a record of 21 points from 18 games isn''t a sacking offence either. And a ''puppet for the board''? What kind of ''puppet'' is as ruthlessly open and forthright as he is? Are you out of your mind? And if he''s a puppet, why do you also want him to ''shut it''? Are you not even capable of being consistent within the space of a few lines?In the summer, more players will be sold. Our predicament is likely to get worse before it gets better, and it will take considerable time to turn things round: indeed, it makes me the opposite of a head-in-the-sand apologist for the club to say that, given all this, he deserves until at least Christmas 2008 (yes, you read that right) to show we are making clear progress. Expecting more would represent a total failure to understand the reality of where we find ourselves. But you know Wiz, it''s funny: very often, you and others ridicule the opinions of those who continue to shrug their shoulders and back the board unquestioningly: the ''little ''old Norwich'' mentality infuriates you (as it does me too, actually). Doubtless, you think such apologists are spineless, whereas you, the great Wizard, have the courage of your convictions: but you know what? Actually, it''s you who have no spine. You twist with the wind, performing more jinks and turns than Ruel Fox at his best (far, far less impressively, I might add), never ever taking the hard option when an easier one is available: singing when we''re winning, abusing when we''re losing, predicting the worst possible scenario, and then expecting those in charge to, literally overnight, miraculously change all that has made you so gloomy in the first place. Supporter? Are you kidding me? Any City fan has the right to criticise and be absolutely furious about the current state of affairs - but all you are interested in doing is creating yet more problems, yet more controversy, yet more attention for someone who seems to revel in the bizarre cult status he has created for himself. And tomorrow, it''ll be something else: another rant, another thread started, yet more demands to be heard. Sorry Wiz, but if you carry on like this, there''ll shortly come a point when there''ll be nobody listening any more. Just give it a rest for a while: true supporters show it at least from time to time, and it''d be nice if, just for once, you could take a leaf out of a genuine Canary''s book.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]it''s a completly different set of circumstances and is hardly a fair comparison. [/quote]So you''re familiar with Wiz''s style of debate, then. That''s good...

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Keep your big gob shut!

Its my opinion that you talk a good game but can seldom deliver, in the transfer market, you are bloody woeful, but again you talk big.

Its also my opinion that you are a chancer, and a puppet for the board to manipulate.

Do the honourable thing and resign....................we don''t want or need you here!

OTBC.

[/quote]

and on the day we hear we are going to sign mark Fotheringham! Wiz ur an attention seeking Prat!

i back Grant.. i dont back the board... im hoping he comes good for us.

jas :)

[/quote]but have we signed him no and you are hoping he comes good even though you back him joke.

SACK GRANT NOW

[/quote]

ok.. He WILL come good for us..

and wiz.. i might be a prat.. but Nigel Worthington is the reason we are staring relegation in the face.. not Grant.. did u expect PG to turn Carl robinson into the next Ronaldo?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="john"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would that be because they signed players no one else wanted/had heard of/thought past their best but were motivated to performa as a team rather than a set of individuals because they were all hungry for the same thing?

Fothering could be the next Crook or the next Carey for all I know - but if we are interested in him and he solves a problem slot for us then I will give him a go - much rather spend a little on potential than loan in a hughes clone 

[/quote]

because the colchester Chairman owns Jobserve.. the biggest online Recruiter in the Country.. he isnt short of a bob or too... they are probably richer than us

Give that man a cigar for a truly wonderful post and I certainly share many of your sentiments expressed in this post. 

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"]a record of 21 points from 18 games isn''t a sacking offence either. [/quote]Oops, sorry: that should of course read 22 points from 17 games. Good? Certainly not - but worthy of the sack? Are you kidding me?

Shaun Lawson. An excellent post. I totally agree with all you''ve said. Painful as it is we are not going to get out of this situation easily, it will take time and Granty must be given that time.

I am sure the likes of Wiz and a few others are passionate in their feelings for the club but its getting late in the day now and we all need to get behind the team if we are going to salvage anything from this desperately dissapointing season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.. you say it how you perceive it to be. How it IS is that we have made two permanent signings and one quality loan signing and still trying to get more. We have sent out many players on loan. These are facts, facts that make this a busy transfer window compared to what we have been used to.

I suggest that you rarely "say it as it is" and on the few occasions you do nobody will take any notice of you. I may not be familiar with your fishermens tales but I can recognise the boy who cried wolf.

[/quote]

Whatever Nigel.......You take yourself far too seriously I''m afraid and have a desperate need to win every argument. I don''t care who agrees with me or not...and as stated above...I just say it as it is. If you care to disagree....that''s fine.....and it''ll be on page two before the day is out.......

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.. you say it how you perceive it to be. How it IS is that we have made two permanent signings and one quality loan signing and still trying to get more. We have sent out many players on loan. These are facts, facts that make this a busy transfer window compared to what we have been used to.

I suggest that you rarely "say it as it is" and on the few occasions you do nobody will take any notice of you. I may not be familiar with your fishermens tales but I can recognise the boy who cried wolf.

[/quote]

Whatever Nigel.......You take yourself far too seriously I''m afraid and have a desperate need to win every argument. I don''t care who agrees with me or not...and as stated above...I just say it as it is. If you care to disagree....that''s fine.....and it''ll be on page two before the day is out.......

[/quote]

You would make a cracking mother-in-law cluck!!!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You would make a cracking mother-in-law cluck!!!!!!

[/quote]

Maybe I would NN....but I''d have to have my winkle chopped off first.....and that ain''t happening!...........[;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Last year, during the height of the Worthy saga, someone I know created and sent me a simple spreadsheet called "Norwich City post-match quote generator", the idea being that you refresh the page and it gives you a new stock quote from a different player.  This still happens in reality, however I wonder if we could do a similar thing with these boards - refresh every day, see what Wiz/Cluck/Smudger have to say, all have a laugh, then go about the real business of discussing possible new signings, particularly the likes of Fotheringham who''s signature is imminent and yet whose name has barely been mentioned by the doom-sayers...

Would save us all a lot of time...
[/quote]

Am suprised that my name is getting a mention of late Monkey seing as I have been keeping a low profile recently....

Maybe Fotheringham''s name hasn''t hardly been mentioned because because he is yet another non-entity (as are the rset of the recent signings under Grant and rthis board)?

I don''t want to get involved in discussing 1st Wizard, but everything Shaun Lawson said about the current state of the club was bang on. Everyone knows we''re in a mess at the moment, but we need a long-term strategy to fix the problems, not sacking the entire board and manager instantly. That would leave a complete vacuum behind that could see the club completely cave in.

[quote user="Coelho"]I don''t want to get involved in discussing 1st Wizard, but everything Shaun Lawson said about the current state of the club was bang on. Everyone knows we''re in a mess at the moment, but we need a long-term strategy to fix the problems, not sacking the entire board and manager instantly. That would leave a complete vacuum behind that could see the club completely cave in.
[/quote]

wot about if we sack the manager and leve one of the board?

Colchester are a team full of non entities - and you would swap placed with them right now.  Our policy of signing named experienced only has hardly worked recently has it?

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"]

Absolutely, we are in a mess: look at the squad. Look at the lack of cover, and general lack of quality or desire contained within. Look at the accounts: at the debt, and certainty of key players being sold once our parachute payments run out in the summer. This is going to take years to sort out: as you of all people should acknowledge, given your continual attitude of "We''re doomed! Doomed!" Meanwhile, our young manager is on a learning curve, working on a shoestring, and has had no chance whatsoever to build his own team yet: but still it doesn''t stop you from putting the boot in. We are essentially where we are when Worthington left: hardly surprising, given all the problems I''ve mentioned.

[/quote]

Norwich 0 Wolves 1. Argue that Shaun!.

Your post of Tolstoy proportions sums up why and how Grant, Smith and other La La directors get away with what they do.

I''m quite sick of posts like yours which scream ''We not Worthy'', grow some son.

I quite clearly said we will not sign anyone of  quality. Emphasize on the word quality!.

Look at your own quote, this is why we needed an experienced manager after Worthy was sacked, and not an untried rookie like Grant, who can only talks a good game.

I shall continue (using your words) to put the boot in, until the club, and some of its fans like you, wake up.

Grant WILL get us relegated.......................try argueing when that happens!.

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

[quote user="Coelho"]I don''t want to get involved in discussing 1st Wizard, but everything Shaun Lawson said about the current state of the club was bang on. Everyone knows we''re in a mess at the moment, but we need a long-term strategy to fix the problems, not sacking the entire board and manager instantly. That would leave a complete vacuum behind that could see the club completely cave in.[/quote]

wot about if we sack the manager and leve one of the board?

[/quote]Yeah, that''d probably work.

ZLF- I believe that Bowen, Polston, Culverhouse and Crook were at the time regarded as non-entities when they arrived from Spurs and in fact over the years before 1995 we had a great track record of taking these so-called non-entities and turning them into good solid pros, even getting us into Europe.

Look at Steve Coppell at Reading -turning non-entities into a top half Prem side.

Your point is valid and endorsed by historical fact.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

ZLF- I believe that Bowen, Polston, Culverhouse and Crook were at the time regarded as non-entities when they arrived from Spurs and in fact over the years before 1995 we had a great track record of taking these so-called non-entities and turning them into good solid pros, even getting us into Europe.

Look at Steve Coppell at Reading -turning non-entities into a top half Prem side.

Your point is valid and endorsed by historical fact.

[/quote]

And look who the managers were at that time Tumbleweed!.

probably because his team is a bit more together than ours is at the moment. they have a half decent defence and we dont and they have goal scorers which we dont.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Grant WILL get us relegated.......................try argueing when that happens!.

[/quote]And sacking him and the entire board will somehow save us from relegation? You seem to be quite good at point out all our problem but do you have any viable solutions?