Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

We lost because WE were 9 v 11, and could go down if we don't sign a striker

By full time all the ref had done was redress the balance. At kick off we were down to 9 men. In my opionion, Etuhu and Thorne may as well have not been on the pitch. We need a midfielder and a striker before close of play tomorrow. I challenge anyone to argue Etuhu''s case after tonight (I was at the game btw) and had we had Earnie on the pitch we would have won the game, we NEED another poacher to see us through this season and into the next whilst remaining in the same league.

with you on that. Etuhu''s had his up and downs but i cannot believe he managed to stay on the park last night! He was by far the worst midfielder out there and pretty much our worst player (no touch, vision, gave away too many balls). Thorne was also complete garbage.We need to be putting chances away, like you say, we need a poacher.

I thought Thorne was OK, especially in the first half. I don''t rate him usually but didn''t have a bad game and thought he linked up well with  Hucks at times. Having sadi this, what little we saw of Martin last night was enough to convince me we should be starting him instead!! Nice touch, worked the line well (good movement) and clearly not afraid to shoot. Very impressed, Grants no fool (despite what some people say) he''ll give Martin football now I think.

Yes Etuhu didnt have a good game last night, but i dont agree about Thorne. He was winning the balls in the air but no one was there to follow up and thats not his fault. Following up is why him and Earnie were such a good partnership cos Earnie is a poacher. Perhaps we would have done better to have Martin on from the start along side Thorne. Im not saying Thorne is the greatest player in the world and he did spurn a good heading chance but so did alot of players last night!!!!!

but thorne couldnt score with the two chances he had, and thats what hes paid to do! he has scored TWICE in two years yet still gets played why and why is etuhu never even substituted?

yeah, we missied a lot of chances last night. it was good to see a few players giving some more effort, hucks seemed particularly up for it! although it did get annoying that everything seemed to go down the left through hucks, he''d be getting some pace on down the wing and then everyone would still be jogging up to the halfway line!

Totally agree with what you say, for a "big unit" Etuhu just does not impose himself in midfield and he just seems to lack any sort of football brain, a very frustrating player because I still believe that deep inside there is a half decent midfielder bursting to get out. Thorne, what can I say, no pace, no movement, no final product, a couple of flickd on headers to nobody in particular a bit daft given he was the lone striker, somebody needs to tell him that role involves holding the ball up and bringing Hucks/Croft into the game.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

Couldn''t agree more. Exactly what we were saying in the Snakepit last night.

[/quote]

You said that you didn''t go last night on another thread here today Snakepit.  Did you or didn''t you???  Make your mind up!!!  [8-)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

Couldn''t agree more. Exactly what we were saying in the Snakepit last night.

[/quote]

You said that you didn''t go last night on another thread here today Snakepit.  Did you or didn''t you???  Make your mind up!!!  [8-)]

[/quote]

Smudger..

I know it''s a while since you went but there is more than one seat in the snakepit! [8-)]

Agreed, the wingers lacked support, especially as the game went on. Another thing that annoyed me was the lack of intelligent movement in the box, a) how many crosses dropped into the precise area no-one was stood in when the box had plenty of yellow shirts in in? You can blame the crosser if you like (it was often Croft) but I prefer the strikers to at least share this responsibility, or in fact anyone willing to attack the ball, which leads me nicely on to b) why wasn''t anyone willing to attack the ball??? It seems our players much prefer to face our own goal when in the opposition box that theirs. Surely they should be charging in, looking to meet the ball, trying to escape their markers?