Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Excuses, Excuses and more Excuses!!

I have had it with this board and football club now, this is an absolute joke!

Today we here the news that NO signings will be incoming despite more promises that this would be a busy window. The board have taken my frustration to a new level and I am more than ready to protest if this happens! We have been took for mugs for too long now and it is time to make a stand.

If we are now at a new level of football club that can only afford to sustain our championship place then we should adjust our transfer strategy accordingly to a lower class of player (One that at least battles and tries) Instead we are constantly saying we are priced out of the market and letting the squad deplete to a ridiculous level. relegation is a serious possibility now as the current squad have no balls for a battle whatsoever!

This is worse than the chase days, I was convinced that things would change for the better this window and yet it has got even worse!

Something must be done such as a boycott or protests now, this is beyond belief! 

I am a true fan that will support the club through thick and thin, however it is impossible to support something that rolls over and dies and shows no fight whatsoever! the players are poor the board pathetic, how can you support that?

Its time to unite and show are unrest!

I completely agree, as fans we must do something, but will it actually happen? How can it as whenever anything is attempted in terms of a protest, we get glared down to from the "fans" who seem quite happy to see our club up shit creek without a paddle?

Why not snakepit!

We haven''t had a good protest since October. What are we protesting about this time? Will there be a nice little march too?

If you honestly feel that badly then maybe your boycott would be the best idea.

I would hate to see this club adjust our transfer strategy to bring in lower class of players. Where is the ambition in that?

We have already signed two players in this window and one quality loan player. It seems there is still a good chance of one or maybe two more players coming in before the deadline. There have also been many players leave the club on loan deals.

Do you not call that a busy window?????

Totally Alex, something has to be done. We can hardly put a team on the pitch tonight and the ones on it couldn''t care less! If they did they couldn''t do much anyway!

Our players clearly dont have the stomach for a fight and yet we are getting no new players when we are in one!

How can this be justified?

I would rather them have utilised the money we can get for Earnshaw in the summer now. A £5million pound striker is a luxury we cannot afford with a team as woeful as ours. I believe they are going to come out with more crap about keeping Earnshaw being a gamble that went wrong due to injury etc... Then they will sell him in the summer and spend about 2 Million. Money for Green and Mckenzie etc forgotten?

They are a spin machine that makes my head dizzy with all there excuses and riddles!

Tell the truth and show a bit of fight and give us a good reason to support you, at present you are not worth caring about!

Here''s a thought - maybe Grant was attempting to force the hand of the managers he is negotiating with, by saying publicly that he was no longer interested in their players ?

Nothing is for certain until 1st Feb.

I take it that you are one of the fans that walked passed shouting abuse at the protestors?At least we tried to do something and look where keeping him has got us!With regard to your comment on adjusting the strategy, I would suggest that we have already lowered the quality of players that we are after and that we are not even getting them! Green was a 2 Million rated Goalkeeper (replaced with a loan) Mckenzie a 1 Milllion rated striker (replaced for £320,000)  So not even replacing these players like for like! Where is the ambition in that?We have so far produced a guy driven out of a club for discipline!A guy who wants to live in Cambridge for family reasons, who was already here!A goalkeeper that solves nothing long term as Celtic have stated they will have him back!We already had a ridiculous squad size, so much that given a couple of injuries/suspensions such as tonight we can hardly fill the bench and the quality on the field lacks a lot to be desired!You state that there is the possibility of 1 or 2 more players coming in, 1 for £50,000 and 1 free where is the ambition in that?We clearly needed strength adding in this window and we will have stretched the transfer budget to £570,000 where is the ambition in that?Your arguments are hollow and to be honest pathetic! The amount of funds we have spent this window, will not even come close to patching up this shambles of a squad with 3 seasons of poor results!I ask you, do you applaud the club in there actions? Because we are in big trouble and heading in only 1 direction at present, believe me I thoroughly wanted to believe things would move forward after this window. All I have seen is more excuses and loans etc... It is not good enough and we as fans should demand answers instead of moaning on here!!!!

You make a lot of assumptions snakepit!

The only abuse I have been known to shout at football matches has been towards the opposition, the oppositions fans and of course the referees and linesmen. Why would I shout abuse at fellow city fans. I take exception to your comments but I guess it''s all part of the anger on here and inside the ground at the moment.

I hate the atmosphere of anger and protest that surrounds the club at the moment. I hoped that the sacking of Worthington would take that atmosphere away but it hasn''t. It''s got worse if anything, people advocate more protest for any reason they can think of.

Only those who went to piswich or Blackpool have seen any of our new signings play. I doubt if any have actually seen the players we are linked with right now either. So come February we could be watching 5 new players in our first team, that''s half a team for christs sake! Wouldn''t it be advisable to give them a chance before we start protesting again.

I am as hurt as the next fan by the fact we are struggling so badly, but I am also heartily sick and tired of the atmosphere of protest when I go to games. Away games are much more enjoyable these days.

In your original post you said protest or boycott, please choose the latter.

Nutty Nigel,I do not wish to see protests etc... however the board are fleecing us and are the constant in all these problems. People are only frustrated for good reason.I cannot see how you can defend them giving a new manager £570,000 to turn this shambles round? I do not want to protest etc... as I would rather be in the pub however we are so timid and accepting at the club that the board get away with murder!I respect your view and also hope to see good times return to Carrow Road, but the board are not giving the manager a fighting chance!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Totally Alex, something has to be done. We can hardly put a team on the pitch tonight and the ones on it couldn''t care less! If they did they couldn''t do much anyway!

Our players clearly dont have the stomach for a fight and yet we are getting no new players when we are in one!

How can this be justified?

I would rather them have utilised the money we can get for Earnshaw in the summer now. A £5million pound striker is a luxury we cannot afford with a team as woeful as ours. I believe they are going to come out with more crap about keeping Earnshaw being a gamble that went wrong due to injury etc... Then they will sell him in the summer and spend about 2 Million. Money for Green and Mckenzie etc forgotten?

They are a spin machine that makes my head dizzy with all there excuses and riddles!

Tell the truth and show a bit of fight and give us a good reason to support you, at present you are not worth caring about!

[/quote]

and neither do our fans Snakepit... may I ask where you and Alex were tonight and how you were letting this uesless board of ours aware of your feelings?

I was venting my spleen for a few minutes outside the main entrance at the final whistle... and what really amazed me was that as well as nobody stopping to shout a few insults at the board with me, nobody stopped to either insult or tut, tut at me!!!

May I suggest that if yourself, Alex and anybody else is up for trying to remove this board then you join me on Saturday (outside the main stand) after the Leeds game to make your voice heard and your feelings known about how this board is driving this club of ours in to the ground???

Hold on a minute Smudger!

They were outside their wireless sets venting their spleens! It''s not everybody who is lucky enough to be able to go to games. Some people can''t get there because of their jobs or family commitments or location and it doesn''t make them less of a fan just because they listen with Waller. Their heartfelt protests are as valuable as yours mate!

BTW, did you go to the game Smudge or did you just turn up for the protest???

Nutty Nigel,

Cheers for the last, I can confirm that I was listening on the internet as I am in the Army based near Southampton.

I am a season ticket holder but cant do midweek games due to the distance! My mother has my ticket for those games!

thanks again for the defence!

Smudger,

Your rants are non stop and in no way constructive. I am not on driving the board or the manager out just getting them to see that if we dont spend some money we are League 1 bound!

I am happy with the loans outgoing and will be more than happy at Fotheringham and Lappin''s signature. I feel that we require a decent player or 2 to come in and give us a boost, to lift the squad right now not later.

A commanding leader of men to play at centre back would not go amiss and a proven goalscorer!

Heres hoping our club can pull a rabbit or 2 out the hat today, as with Earnie?

yeah really good idea, the club is in trouble near the relegation zone - lets protest cos that always helps a team win games and get out of trouble. why did i not think of that 

Snakepit

I guessed that because I saw your post last night on the match thread.

I don''t think smudge was ever at the main entrance last night! Well at least I didn''t see him when I was there waiting to get Delias photo signed! [;)]

While I sympathise Smudger.....after today there really is no point in protesting against anything. The moment has passed with regards to showing the Board we wanted some serious action in the transfer window....and from now on it will be survival with what little we''ve got.

A few months back we were touting for Eastwood and Halford....now it''s some Jock called Lappin and another "wayward" soul called Fotherington, who should bond very nicely with "bad-boy" Brown. What exactly happened to ambition?

I''m disillusioned to the point where I really couldn''t give a toss today....and as a fan since 1962....it''s the very first time I''ve not been able to see at least some light at the end of the tunnel. The team is dross...the Board a shambolic pack of amateurs....and the new generation of cosy celebrity driven supporters a shadow of what they were 10 years ago. Welcome to Delia City.........and you most certainly are.

From here on in...it''s "Que sera sera" I''m afraid.....

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Nutty Nigel,

Cheers for the last, I can confirm that I was listening on the internet as I am in the Army based near Southampton.

I am a season ticket holder but cant do midweek games due to the distance! My mother has my ticket for those games!

thanks again for the defence!

Smudger,

Your rants are non stop and in no way constructive. I am not on driving the board or the manager out just getting them to see that if we dont spend some money we are League 1 bound!

I am happy with the loans outgoing and will be more than happy at Fotheringham and Lappin''s signature. I feel that we require a decent player or 2 to come in and give us a boost, to lift the squad right now not later.

A commanding leader of men to play at centre back would not go amiss and a proven goalscorer!

Heres hoping our club can pull a rabbit or 2 out the hat today, as with Earnie?

[/quote]

Don''t you guys now realise...  IT IS NOW FAR TOO LATE TO HALT THIS SLIDE???

What are a couple of sweaty socks at the princely sum of £100,000 going to do to help turn things around??? 

NOTHING!!!

Nutty Nigel...  My post wasn''t aimed at supporter listening to the game from home, it was aimed at the 23,000 who attended the game and didn''t raise one voice of dissent.

Snakepit...  I apologise, I did not realise you lived in Southampton...  but will you let your feelings known after yet another defeat if you are attending this Saturday???  That was the point I was trying to make!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

IT IS NOW FAR TOO LATE TO HALT THIS SLIDE???

[/quote]

If thats true, accept it, get over it and move on.....

I posted a comment regarding boycotting the Wolves game and was shot down in flames by some. Why not boycott the Leeds game the board (BORED) have taken the p*** out of us for long enough. Now they tell us that no other players are coming in before the transfer deadline MAY BE IT IS TIME FOR US THE FANS TO TRANSFER OUT AND PROTEST.