Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

7 points off the bottom

When the luck is not on your side......

even the radio comentators said it was a smash and grab, we were all over them, I think we have lost 5 points to then a**holes now, i''m gutted.

People will moan but we played OK and I doesn''t sound like we deserved to lose, our luck has to change soon.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

And 4 points off relegation.

I challenge anyone to defend this shower of shit.

[/quote]

I''ll defend my team to the hilt.  I''m a supporter.

Work stopped me going to game tonight, but listened to the BBC Wolves (or whatever it''s called) commentary.  We battled well, could have been 3 up in the first half, Hux was awesome.  That''s football for you - suggest you take up another sport, or perhaps they don''t do professional whinging....

seems like us doom merchants are right, city are a blxxdy disgrace, the managers record is already a joke and the board should hang their heads in shame, i need to ring the samaritans.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

I''ll defend my team to the hilt.  I''m a supporter.

Work stopped me going to game tonight, but listened to the BBC Wolves (or whatever it''s called) commentary.  We battled well, could have been 3 up in the first half, Hux was awesome.  That''s football for you - suggest you take up another sport, or perhaps they don''t do professional whinging....

[/quote]

See you in League One.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

It sounds like the team went for it tonight and were well supported. It''s WORRYINGLY evident that Earnshaw was missed tonight otherwise we''d have won that one. I''m keeping the faith though, chins up.

Norwich played very well so i''m not at all angry.  You need to get behind the team, things will pick up for us.  How people can come on here and criticise when we dominated and had about 5 times the amount of shots on target than Wolves amazes me.  What do people expect Grant to do about an opposition goalkeeper playing out of his skin?!

Sounded like a match of very unfortunate bad luck tonight.

But the peformance and more importantly the result really "should" emphasise to the Board the serious need for some cash to be spent within the next 25 hours 50-odd minutes on at least a striker.

Just home from the game. The truth is we totally dominated and Wolves were as poor as any team I''ve seen this season. Only their keeper saved them from a 3 or 4 goal defeat. They had one effort on target and scored. Looks like Lady Luck has taken a long holiday from Carrow Road.

[quote user="Loughborough Canary"]Norwich played very well so i''m not at all angry.  You need to get behind the team, things will pick up for us.  How people can come on here and criticise when we dominated and had about 5 times the amount of shots on target than Wolves amazes me.  What do people expect Grant to do about an opposition goalkeeper playing out of his skin?![/quote]

Yes we did play well tonight first time for weeks but we still lost and we are in deep trouble and i am sick to death of excuses, wake up people we can go down, at this rate we will.

[quote user="Bacon Roll"]How do you know he was awesome, you are only recycling some one elses opinions[/quote]

Actually he was bloody awesome. Only constant fouling and rugby tackles kept him out. Thats why Wolves finished with 9 men

Ricky''s right - we played well first half and created some great chances

Truth be told the Wolves goalkeeper played a blinder

However, the second half was pretty bad - once Shackell went off and Hughes came on we lost all shape/impeturs and just didn;t know what to do with the ball.

Yes, Wolves probably can''t believe their luck but please - Dicky, Marty etc - come out with the positive twist. At the end of the day (Brian) we lost and confidence took another nosedive.

We really ARE in the doo-doo....

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Loughborough Canary"]Norwich played very well so i''m not at all angry.  You need to get behind the team, things will pick up for us.  How people can come on here and criticise when we dominated and had about 5 times the amount of shots on target than Wolves amazes me.  What do people expect Grant to do about an opposition goalkeeper playing out of his skin?![/quote]

Yes we did play well tonight first time for weeks but we still lost and we are in deep trouble and i am sick to death of excuses, wake up people we can go down, at this rate we will.

[/quote]

Loughborough Canary...  It is all about results for us now (which we are not going to pick up with this shower of $. hite)...  Everybody seemed to get behind the team tonight (not that it mnade any difference)...  Thi sgetting behind the team thing is yet more club spin...  what the true fans of this club now need to do is admit that people like Wiz, Cluck, Alex, Ricky Knight, Mello, CJF & Co and myself have been right and unite in demonstrating against and freeing us of this board that is suffocating this club of ours!!!

Yes Ricky...  We will go down and 99% of our fans will deserve it... NO ACTION against Delia & Co is why we find ourselves where we are today!!!  [:@]

I saw some real flashes of quality tonight from Norwich; enough infact to make the result and current predicament totally frustrating.

The players have got to keep going in this positive vein and the results will come.

I have been criticising the Club for months now. A lot of people have seen this coming but now isn''t the time for recrimination.

The old Division 3 beckons for the first time in 45 years and promotion out of that league is as hard as it is from the Championship. Let''s keep our heads up and save the post mortem for later.

i really have not been more depressed. I think one thing is clear, if we do not sign a striker we are going to be discussiong norwich''s chances of promotion from league one next year. And the worrying thing seems to be that the board are happy to ply our trade down the lower ends of the footballing world - just so long as we are ''financially prepared''

By the way, Bacon Roll, Hucks was awesome and I saw that with my own eyes. Thorne should really be hanging his head in shame, I have never seen a so called striker make so little of so many chances - he was completely anonymous.  

How we lost that i will never know there keeper is class and should be playing in the prem. How we can get out of this mess i don''t know the players could not have tried any harder tonight  and the plain truth is we are just not good enough in front of goal .

Huckerby was outstanding, and Safri and both full backs had decent games too.God knows where the goals to keep us in this league are going to come from though...

If hux had been awesome he''d have bloody scored!

As for Croft missing a sitter??!?!?!?

The teams moral is rock bottom, there trying to walk the ball in the net

We must beat leeds now or it''s seriously bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Playing well and losing - never a good sign. [/quote]

better than playing badly and losing but not as good as playing well and winning or for that matter...talking a load of nonsense

[quote user="Smudger"]

Loughborough Canary...  It is all about results for us now (which we are not going to pick up with this shower of $. hite)...  Everybody seemed to get behind the team tonight (not that it mnade any difference)...  Thi sgetting behind the team thing is yet more club spin...  what the true fans of this club now need to do is admit that people like Wiz, Cluck, Alex, Ricky Knight, Mello, CJF & Co and myself have been right and unite in demonstrating against and freeing us of this board that is suffocating this club of ours!!!

Yes Ricky...  We will go down and 99% of our fans will deserve it... NO ACTION against Delia & Co is why we find ourselves where we are today!!!  [:@]

[/quote]

Are you actually a Norwich City fan?

If so you''re at best an embarassment but more truthfully...a disgrace.

[quote user="jetstream"]Ricky''s right - we played well first half and created some great chances Truth be told the Wolves goalkeeper played a blinder However, the second half was pretty bad - once Shackell went off and Hughes came on we lost all shape/impeturs and just didn;t know what to do with the ball. Yes, Wolves probably can''t believe their luck but please - Dicky, Marty etc - come out with the positive twist. At the end of the day (Brian) we lost and confidence took another nosedive. We really ARE in the doo-doo....[/quote]

Absolutely spot on, but if we play like we did in the first half we are not in the doo-doo

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger, admittedly I never see eye to eye with you and am one of the ''minority'' that doesn''t want the board to go, but I''d be interested in what you thought of the players tonight, I wasn''t at the game but listening to others on here/radio commentary I listened to... it sounded as though it really was one of those nights when 10 Thierry Henry''s wouldn''t of beaten their ''keeper. What was your view on the play?.

P.s, Getting behind a team is NOT club spin...A very odd way of looking at things. Negative to say the support didn''t help the players, the players went for it apparently and if they DON''T get supported we WILL go down. They need our support so keep the support UP.

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Playing well and losing - never a good sign. [/quote]

better than playing badly and losing but not as good as playing well and winning or for that matter...talking a load of nonsense

[/quote]

Champions can play badly and win

Relegated teams can play well and lose.

Happens time and time again in football, I''d have thought a man of your experience would have known what CJF was implying.

I cant go as far to say we were good tonight,  much of the first half was dire but we did create many many chance and but for a couple of superb saves froma top keeper we would have 3 points today.

We did dominate the game,  restrict the number of chances they had (not enough though) and for once the opponents keeper was the far busier.  Sadly the only thing that didnt happen was a goal for us.

And hux was inspired tonight - and I was sat there so no second hand itis here.

Playing well and losing is a nothing sign, playing badly and losing is far worse.  IF, and its consistency that has killed us as much as anything else, so its a big IF, we can play like that for the rest of teh season we will win more games than lose,  which at the moment is what we have to aim for to avoid relegation - that is our only acheivable target. 

Johnny, Hucks was fantastic tonight and  probably would have scored if he hadnt been hacked down twice when looking at a one on one with the keeper. That performance did not show low moral, it showed low confidence . A big difference.

What it did also show was the lack of a real striker, what does Thorne call himself, how on earth can Neil Adams say he had a good game, he did not attack the ball, was lazy,hardly ever in the right position and all in all a disgrace. As for the other guys they did perform, unlike in some previous games. The lack of confidence in front of goal could be what will make the last few games of the season nervy. Chris Martin showed some good first touches and a decent shot, get rid of Thorne and put him sraight in.