Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

why?

so why dont we deserve to go down? thats what colin has said and a lot of posters on this board are saying, so explain why then if its that simple. the fact of the matter is that we are NOT too good to go down because the table doesnt lie. at the moment we cant buy a goal or keep a clen sheet so why will those facts help us stay up. and before people say im being silly im not im being realistic, there are many clubs who have said they were too good to go down in the past and they HAVE gone down. it is now time for the manager and the players to sort the mess we are in by actions not words. Yes they showed commitment for the first 45 mins last night but as soon as they went behind there was only ever going to be one winner. too many players such as thorne and etuhu just go through the motions and it is time the management sorted this problem out. why does etuhu never get dropped or even substituted yet he plays poorly week in week out. i hope if we sign a new midfielder etuhu gets the wake up call he needs.

No, we are not too good to go down.  Results and points don''t lie and if we get less of these than most of the others we will go down.  What is not acceptable is the long line of players who open their mouths before engaging their brains.  I actually rate Colin as one of our (and there aren''t many) more cultured defenders with some promise.  Shame he has to spoil it with these remarks.  As for why Etuhu or others are not dropped, I imagine it''s because there are no credible alternatives and to look at the reason for these errors we need to look a bit higher than the dug out or the pitch.   A few more competitive options for Grant and we may well see the back of Etuhu... Thing is there doesn''t seem to be much money.... Just why that is is the real question we should all be asking....

I completely agree. What on earth is Colin talking about saying that we are too good to go down. I''m sure the Forest players were saying exactly the same thing and look where they are now. All our players should be thinking about the real prospect of relegation and making sure that it doesn''t happen at any cost. I just cannot see where our next win is going to come from and a lot of the so called lower teams are starting to dig in now and grind out results, do we have the personnel to do this? I''m not too sure.

The problem that i think we have with Etuhu is that we have such a small squed that we do not have any other option but to play the great lump and hope for the best. We need at least one player in defence, midfield and up front which is a big ask but hopefully PG will weave some magic and save our floundering season.

OTBC

You are so right,O bald one. The sort of claptrap that Jurgen Colin is spouting is extremely dangerous.I''m sure the good folk at Nottm For,Sheff Wed and Brighton,have said much the same thing in the past.

But we know where he gets it from.There are too many apologists for Grant on this Forum.I mean,not 48 hrs ago he comes on the telly and informs us that "the fact that we are creating the chances is the important thing".Now,after the Wolves fiasco,he changes tack a bit,and claims that "its no good just creating chances...we have to take them".

I agree that it''s not realistic to sack him at this stage.We are stuck with him.He may get some new blood in over the next few hours.They may be good.They better be.Otherwise we''re looking at League One footy come Auigust.End of......

It could be completely out of our hands.

City are on a suicidal slide...while Leeds...Southend and Hull are improving fast. We''re on the verge of the drop right now and I honestly don''t think the players here have the guts for a fight...nor Grant shrewd enough to show the tactical ability to compensate.

The club stinks of relegation....just as it did in the Premiership. The bottom of Div2 (old money) is new territory for City these days....while the likes of Luton...Southend....QPR and even Leicester have greater experience of what is needed. City along with maybe Coventry are the "crisis" teams facing devastation....whereas the others are going to fight to the last to stay up.

Both NCFC and it''s fans are showing a great deal of arrogance regarding their status right now...and as they say...."Pride comes before a fall".........

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

It could be completely out of our hands.

City are on a suicidal slide...while Leeds...Southend and Hull are improving fast. We''re on the verge of the drop right now and I honestly don''t think the players here have the guts for a fight...nor Grant shrewd enough to show the tactical ability to compensate.

The club stinks of relegation....just as it did in the Premiership. The bottom of Div2 (old money) is new territory for City these days....while the likes of Luton...Southend....QPR and even Leicester have greater experience of what is needed. City along with maybe Coventry are the "crisis" teams facing devastation....whereas the others are going to fight to the last to stay up.

Both NCFC and it''s fans are showing a great deal of arrogance regarding their status right now...and as they say...."Pride comes before a fall".........

[/quote]

All very good and valid points again Cluck...[Y]

I Certainly can''t see us getting another 10 points or so that would see us safe....  I would even go as far to say that over the last week or so I have gone from not only seeing us relegated, but possibly finishing bottom of the table as well!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]so why dont we deserve to go down? [/quote]

If we finish in the bottom three then we deserve to go down. End of!

Over the course of a season luck evens out enough for a team to finish where they deserve to be. We didn''t deserve to lose that match last night for sure, but then we probably didn''t deserve to beat WBA 1-0 in November so as you can see the luck evened out.

We have also conceded many last minute goals this season which have cost us points but although that can be seen as unlucky its not really because we have rarely been more than one goal in front during games we in which we have played well.

Of course we don''t deserve to go down right now because we are not in the bottom three. Players should accept that relegation is a possibility and also realise it''s in their hands still to keep out of trouble.

The squad we have at midnight tonight is trusted to keep us in this division. Don''t let us down!

Jurgen is a good player and im disapointed he has said this.

if he thinks it then theres a chance the other players might as well.. they might get too comfortable and that will cost us in the end... remember 95?

jas :)