Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

What position is Michael Spillane?

I thought he could play defence or midfield.

Looks like we could need him. 20 years old. If he''s not good enough to get a game with the current situation, maybe we should get rid of him?

He is a Centre Half and that is where he plays for Ireland.On a big  4 year contract why would nt the manager play him? Sounds like maybe he needs to go on loan and earn his money

According to PG this morning, he thinks Spillane too ''raw'' for the Wolves game, because he''s only used to youth football. I''m disappointed, as he''s seemed a real prospect for the first team. If any more go out on loan, we won''t be able to field a reserve side though!

The boy has been a pro for nearly two years and does not play Youth football just check on the Foncy site. Seems that PG is clearly not up to date on who his squad are ( he stated in the interview that he has not been around the 1st team Squad, i think if Peter opened his eyes he might see him  training with them every day - UNbelievable crap). Either he is good enough or not. I remember him playing in the first team last year has he gone that far backwards- i don''t think so- it is just another case of keeping them out of the team together with the rest of the boys.Show us where your balls are and take a chance Grant.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]I thought he could play defence or midfield. Looks like we could need him. 20 years old. If he''s not good enough to get a game with the current situation, maybe we should get rid of him?[/quote]

First he is only 17, second he is ROI U17 captain and thirdly he sould get a game :D

He only signed pro forms last summer so not two years ago. Unfortunately he''s not played as well this season as he did last especially in the recent Youth cup match at Newcastle where he had a bit of a mare. Everytime I''ve seen him lately he''s made daft mistakes..its all part of the learning curve after all he isn''t 18 till March. Don''t think he''s ready for the first team especaially one that is struggling. Still remember how the best crop of youngsters in the last 12 years was sacrificed in a struggling side so in the end only Bellers came thru.

Currently he is our 17th man...........

I can''t see him playing tomorrow unless Doc or Robbo get injured in training. Plus I wouldn''t be surprised if Shacks played. I thought I had read that he would have played against Burnley, suspect that we weren''t going to risk him in a cup game.

He might play elsewhere at youth/lower levels but if he was to be played anywhere at senior level at the moment it''d have to be right back me thinks. He''s far too lightweight to be a centreback and he doesn''t strike me as being cut out to be a midfielder. Miles off first team standard in general, from what I''ve seen. He''s got time on his side I guess.

Re: What position is Michael Spillane?

I understand he''s lying in a horizontal position in a nice area of South Carolina, having expired in July of last year. We could do with a "Mike Hammer" type on our team at the moment....kind of take no prisoners.

Too lightweight to be a centre half !!! your having one defo not too lightweight.  Will obviously fill out more but just look how long flem played centre half he was a beast wasn''t he???

[quote user="apprentice"]Too lightweight to be a centre half !!! your having one defo not too lightweight.  Will obviously fill out more but just look how long flem played centre half he was a beast wasn''t he???[/quote]

That Carvalho bloke at Chelsea, he''s a bit lightweight, perhaps we wouldn''t want him then?