Sign in to follow this  
greenTshirt

Talk Sport: Hucks talking to Charlton

Hes just signed a new deal, his wife refuses to move from Norwich and he loves us so ignore that rumour.

[quote user="greenTshirt"]that don''t sound right[/quote]

If this is true then we may aswell just roll over and die

Care?He''s been great but I look forard to life after HCUK. Playing with 11 men when we lose possession will be very strange....Cant see it yet, though an East London club would suit him.....

not right at all! Anyway they would have to pay a big fee for him as he is integral to the side, and I can''t imagine them doing that if he has only a year or so left in him!

Perhaps it just means that Hucks has been on the mobile to his old mate "Charlie" at Oldham . . . (straws, clutching, desperately)

To tell you the truth, I thought it a bit odd that we''d gone for TWO midfielders over another defender.  True, we need strengthening in all areas, but seems an odd priority to me.

Final nail in the coffin if that happens.

greenTshirt, I hope you''re a shameless rumour-monger . . .

Is this a deal between Pardew and Grant?Maybe Grant feels we can get a couple of players off them that will help us stay up?We are strong in the wing department and are going to be in some scraps between now and the end of the year!Stranger things have happened! I LOVE HUCKS THOUGH!!Maybe it is a straight swap for Darren Bent! LOL

I read in an article recently - I think it was the one where Hucks was slating the club for allowing contracts to run out that he says "I only really signed my contract as a favour to the club" - Into that I read that he signed a new contract knowing he was going in january, but the club would receive more money for him if he left with over a year left on his contract.

Ah, found it, in the arcticle titled "Sort It Out City"

“Obviously mine was sorted out, but if I wanted to I didn''t have to sign anything. I only did it to help the club out really."

[quote user="cityangel"], his wife refuses to move from Norwich [/quote]Hence the attraction of an east London Club......innit.

Makes you wonder why Lappin would come if HCUK was going to block his progress long term (though he also plays in Drury''s position apparently.At least we''ll get some decent corners and crosses if Lappin plays, get in there Brownie !!

The rumours coming into Talk Sport radio station are from bored taxi drivers and lonely drunks in public houses ... Huckerby is a canary and will retire as a canary.

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]Hes just signed a new deal, his wife refuses to move from Norwich and he loves us so ignore that rumour.[/quote]You''d better believe it people. Why?1. He and his family can stay in the area easily enough if he goes to Charlton2. He and Grant don''t see eye to eye as evidenced by Grant''s open comments in the press and vice versa3. Grant has no particular loyalty to him in the way the NW did. As far as Grant is concerned, he''s a useful winger, but a luxury one that can be replaced (Lappin), and an inconsistent striker.4. He (and Earnie) are undoubtedly the highest wage earners at the club, PLUS he could generate some decent transfer income if he was sold.Sorry to say it but it''s not so far fetched as it may at first sound.  :(

He may wanna go if things don''t improve but I''m not sure I agree with your assessment of Grant''s view A1, I don''t really think that anyone could have watched the first half of last night''s game without realising the importance of Hucks to our club.  

[quote user="a1canary"]  [quote user="cityangel"]Hes just signed a new deal, his wife refuses to move from Norwich and he loves us so ignore that rumour.[/quote]

You''d better believe it people. Why?

1. He and his family can stay in the area easily enough if he goes to Charlton
2. He and Grant don''t see eye to eye as evidenced by Grant''s open comments in the press and vice versa
3. Grant has no particular loyalty to him in the way the NW did. As far as Grant is concerned, he''s a useful winger, but a luxury one that can be replaced (Lappin), and an inconsistent striker.
4. He (and Earnie) are undoubtedly the highest wage earners at the club, PLUS he could generate some decent transfer income if he was sold.

Sorry to say it but it''s not so far fetched as it may at first sound.  :(
[/quote]

He''s pretty much one the most dangerous players in our league, he''s worth every penny we pay him in my opinion.

Whatever anyone wants to say about Hucks or Earnie being luxury players letting either of them go would be absolute suicide.

And there''s just no way in a million years Hucks would leave Norwich for Charlton.

[quote user="cityangel"]Hes just signed a new deal, his wife refuses to move from Norwich and he loves us so ignore that rumour.[/quote]

Angel, you live near him, take a drive past his house and see what you can see . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Hes just signed a new deal, his wife refuses to move from Norwich and he loves us so ignore that rumour.[/quote]

Angel, you live near him, take a drive past his house and see what you can see . . .[/quote]

Sorry Mystic But I''ve moved to North Norfolk now so don''t see him on my daily travels anymore but I''m 100% confident that he''s not going anywhere.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

greenTshirt, I hope you''re a shameless rumour-monger . . .

[/quote]

nah, not my style but it was on Talk Sport and thought it was so bizarre I''d post it. He won''t go - like Angel says, they''re settled here, although I always thought the Celtic rumours could have been true since it''s only an hour away on the plane ...