Sign in to follow this  
CRAFTY CANARY

Carl Robinson To Go???

Dont know if anything in this,but heard from source that Robinson may be leaving(We live in hope)?

It seems that Robinson had two days off last week to visit alledegally friends in the Birmingham area.Would players get two days off mid week with a run upto a cup match?I dont know!

This also clarifies that I was told he may be leaving as well by another source and that Safri is also going to leave along with him,this rumour keeps raising its ugly head.Dont want to lose Safri.Robinson YES.....(even if Grant said he could play centre of defence)

great idea, like our squad isn''t thin enough already. He played OK at the weekend, can''t some people give him a break.

If he''s going, I''d personally like to wish him all the best (not that he''ll be reading this!).  I wish we had known last night and could have given him a better send-off.

I think he''s been given a really rough ride - and often unfairly - in his time here.  He''s been putting in a good professional job against a chorus of boos and catcalls most games. 

It''s no coincidence that since he''s known he''s on his way he has put in two excellent performances - at Blackpool and last night.  I should imagine he''s very relieved to be off.

Bit surprised by this. While I''ve always said I don''t mind seeing players go, providing better replacements come in. I would rather see the likes of Hughes and Thorne pushed out the door first. As frustrating as Robinson is, he is better than those two. Although last night his dash up the pitch to play offside, while the rest of the defence fell back, cost us a point. So, cheerio Carl!This clearly highlights how cash strapped we are if Grant is operating under a one out, one in, transfer policy imposed by the board.

A month of transfer rubbish ... first we let go all our young players go to Kings Lynn and Torquay ... Cave-Brown, Fisk, Jarvis and Halliday .... Henderson to Rotherham ... Fleming first to Wolves ... and now with all his experience also to Rotherham.

Four players who can play in defence have been given away... PG ... you don''t need Dublin ... to do everything ... defence and attack ... bad bad management.

And with injuries to Shackell (and Dublin) you need all these guys ... even Fleming ... bad bad management.

We have Gallacher and a very promising young goalkeeper Lewis.... and what do we do ... get in a bunch of loan goalkeepers .. Camp ....Ashdown (PG) ... and Marshall. So next to leave for sure is Gallacher ... and maybe Lewis too. Give people a chance to prove themselves ....

Robert Green was a promising young goalkeeper and had to replace Marshall ... and did very well for us .... remember !

Croft was our Summer signing and is struggeling ...  and not scoring the goals we hoped for...

And yes "only" Chadwick and Brown have come in ... and they have not been good signings so far ... a bad injury and a stupid red card .

So maybe today ... 31st of january 2007 we will get in some more player ... maybe Lappin ... who has scored only one goal this season .... maybe Fotheringham who has not scored at all this season ... I thought we were looking for a free scoring midfielder ...... and PG ... they don''t need to be Scottish !

no great loss... Although the squad is thin... Robinson is dead wood and if someone else is comig into replace them him then get shot!

jas :)

Off to Canada.  Another rat leaves the sinking ship HMS Canary...

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

Dont know if anything in this,but heard from source that Robinson may be leaving(We live in hope)?

It seems that Robinson had two days off last week to visit alledegally friends in the Birmingham area.Would players get two days off mid week with a run upto a cup match?I dont know!

This also clarifies that I was told he may be leaving as well by another source and that Safri is also going to leave along with him,this rumour keeps raising its ugly head.Dont want to lose Safri.Robinson YES.....(even if Grant said he could play centre of defence)

[/quote]

I genuinely think Robinson is one of a number of senior players that simply aren''t good enough and need to go...

I''d sadly also include Thorne Hughes Etuhu Doherty Henderson in that list...

However, if he goes now in the midst of a relegation fight, without a replacement at all, that just looks like bad timing to me...do we not do forward planning? Could our youngsters not have been tried 2 months ago if this was all part of the plan?

what peter grant is trying to do is get rid of all the dead wood - robinson and fleming etc and bring in better players. hes creating his own team which is fair enough. as for gallacher he''s an ok keeper who''s too short, marshall is clearly a better player! so right now im happy with what grant is doing

I was a bit surprised to hear Safri tell us that Robinson is off, in his interview on Radio Norfolk this morning, didn''t see that one coming but he was one of the ones who we needed to get rid of anyway.

Good Luck to him!

[quote user="old yella bird"]

If he''s going, I''d personally like to wish him all the best (not that he''ll be reading this!).  I wish we had known last night and could have given him a better send-off.

I think he''s been given a really rough ride - and often unfairly - in his time here.  He''s been putting in a good professional job against a chorus of boos and catcalls most games. 

It''s no coincidence that since he''s known he''s on his way he has put in two excellent performances - at Blackpool and last night.  I should imagine he''s very relieved to be off.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Did all the people who slag him off regularly write and say what a good game he had last night? He was in the thick of all the good stuff that was played in the first half last night, and it was noticeable that when he fell back to replace Shackell in the second half the midfield failed to get a proper grip of the game.

actually foggo, yes i did. maybe he played so well knowing the pressure was off? is he going on a free or for a fee though?

Leaves us with no central defender cover though.

With two new midfielders coming in I can see why he left.

It is obvious that Robinson was one of the players who according to Huckerby ''Doesn''t want to be here'', so I''m glad hes gone.

Just who are the rest of them?

[quote user="komakino"]It is obvious that Robinson was one of the players who according to Huckerby ''Doesn''t want to be here'', so I''m glad hes gone.

Just who are the rest of them?[/quote]And can you blame him with all the boo''s  he gets during match day''s ,your best out of it robbo and good luck.

I think Carl Robinson is quite a decent player to be fair to him. But that''s as far as it goes. He plays in the comfort zone...that''s not to say he doesn''t try it''s just that he''s more comfortable playing within his limits. He wins the ball and plays it simple. I always think if Norwich were doing really well he''s the kind of player you''d like to have on the bench.

Good luck to the man.

Good luck Carl.  You put up with a lot of crap here during what has been a pretty rubbish time at NCFC so i hope it all works out at Toronto.  It''s a big move for anyone with a young family making a move like that.

Shame we didnt even get our 50k back though!

All the best