Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

We deserve to go down!!!

[quote user="Grumpy "]I was at the game and the team played like s***. They couldn''t play them-self out of a paper bag let alone a relegation dog fight THAT THEY ARE NOW VERY MUCH IN. [/quote]If that was your view of the game then all i can say is you were watching a very different game to most other fans last night.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Insulting people what a great way to get people to listen to your point of view! If you mean what you say and you want us to stop being ''apathetic'' and join you in your one man quest to remove the board don''t you think you''d have greater success if you used reasoned arguments instaed of hysterical rants and insults?
[/quote]

Show me where I have insulted anybody?

All I have stated is fact... the apathy of our fans is allowing Delia & Co to destroy this club....  that is my opinion!!!

Disagree with me if you like... tell me in a polite way that you disagree and why you disagree.

You have not adressed the points that I have made? 

Although I must conclude that you are either...

(A)  In support of Delia & the current board and happy with what is curently happening at the club?

or

(B)  You are one of the apathetic fans that I speak of, who are prepared to sit idly by while rome burns?

Which one is it SAY HELLO TO THE ANGELS???

That is all I am asking!!!

[/quote]

"99% of our fans deserve relegation" - this is an insult 24,000 fans who reguarly attend matches at carrow road and those who follow the team up and down the  country often spending hundreds of £ at a time, these are loyal supporters and deserve respect. Just because their opinions differ from yours does not mean they deserve relegation.

This is the dictionary definition of apathy

1.absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.

2.lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting

Your suggestion is that 99% of us don''t care what happens to Norwich City football club, and you don''t undertand how you have insulted anyone!!!! i might question another posters views on a specific topic but i would never question their passion for the club.

What you must realise smudger is that we all care passionatly about the club and everyone of us wants the same end goal we just have different ideas of how to get there if the definition of apathy in a dictionary was somebody who disagrees with smudger then you may have had a point.

Finally you can''t pigeon hole people into 1. Anti Delia Fans 2. Pro Delia Fans & 3. Apathetic Fans none of those fit me

Alex, unfortunately there was no smile, only from the passers by anyway. I had assumed that Smudgers picture on his postings had been distorted in some way, I was surprised to see that in fact this is not the case! I half expected him to produce a piece of Wensleydale and for Grommit to pop out of his pocket.

The Chelsea aspirations could explain quite a lot!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Credit where it is due Smudger has tried to take action on his own regarding getting rid of the board,  where his approach falls down is trying to enrol what he describes as "apathetic supporters", what he should be doing is targeting like minded individuals. I got attacked by Cluck for asking what action  those supporters who want the board out were going to undertake (other than venting their spleen on this and other message boards), but the fact remains that no answer to this question was ever given. Maybe it is time that those fans that have such an issue with the way that the club is being run to do something constructive such as mobilising themselves into some sort of fans pressure group, because to be quite honest about it is a totally pointless exercise and easy option to attack fellow fans on this message board if you are not prepared to do something about it yourself.  

[/quote]

Exactly the point I am making SOB  [Y]

I feel that the opinion of many fans who were undecided a month or so ago has changed and they now want to see changes at the club...  However how many of these individuals are prepared to voice their concerns and place some real pressure on the board?

That is all I am asking.... am not trying to convert those who still wish to back the board... they are entitled to their own opinion (no matter how wrong I may feel that opinion to be).

[quote user="SuperCity"]

We deserve to go down?  99%, ok so hands up who on here, the 1% think we deserve to go down? 

Not me for sure, heck, all us fans have ever done is support the club through good times and bad, whether that is by buying shirts, being members, season ticket holders, N&P accounts, shares, or by listening on the radio.

Is it our fault as fans that bad choices and decisions have been made by the club and manager?  Is it the fans fault that the players have no passion on the pitch?  Of course not.

The definition of the word used on here '' apathetic'' is  having or showing little or no feeling or emotion  and having little or no interest or concern .  That certainly counts me out, I have feelings and emotions, and I have interest and concern of what is going on.

We all at times wonder what exactly is happening to our club, the board and the manager.  We despair at some of the decisions of the whirling dervish of a manager we have.  And I for one am growing weary of the board and how quiet it is at the moment, they won''t address the problems at the club head on, they issue accounts that only an accountant can make head nor tale of. 

So why do we stick with and support the CLUB, (not the Board), because we are fans, true fans.  The word Fan means an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator and an ardent admirer or enthusiast.  We have been with Norwich through hard times and through good [:)]

If we go down, we go down, simple really.  You either get on the ride and stay there, or you can get off.

[/quote]

Exactly my point SUPERCITY... or are you just prepared to sit apathetically by twiddling your thumbs being frustrated at how the club is being driven in to the ground but ultimately not having enough gumption to try and do anything about it???

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"]Whatever guys, like I haven''t been right about other things that you have all slapped me down for hey?  [N]

You are the most apathetic bunch of fans in this country and anybody with an ounce of sense is starting to realise that is exactly what this board relies upon to keep them in charge of our club.  Any other team in the country and they would of been long gone!!!

Ricky is the only one here to really make sense out of the current situation...  Much more of this apathy by the fans and we will not only go down but will be struggling to avoid relegation in Div 1 (Div 3) next year playing in a half empty ground too!!!  [Y]

The apathy of the fans who are all to welcome to give this board chance, after chance, after chance is as much to blame for this as anybody within the club itself  [:@]

[/quote]

[quote user="Coelho"]So who is going to come in with a miracle investment to bale the club out once you''ve sacked the board, then?

Find us a Milan Mandaric with a spare £20m to invest in the club, and I think you''d have a whole lot of support. But in reality, what would happen if the board left tomorrow? Unfortunately, as we all know, football is all about business these days, and if you have no chairman and no board of directors, who is going to run the club? I''m not trying to pick a fight with you here, just interested in hearing what your plans are to back up your point of view.
[/quote]
Fancy actually backing your views up with some ideas, instead of slagging everyone off?
[/quote]

Have backed them up loads of times...  Mandaric and Souness (amongst others) are still available...  and if Delia & Co really wanted to sell up then she would be contacting these guys...

Infact as I have stated before she should be approaching people like that off her own back and beating down their doors with a  stick!!!!

[/quote]
What, the same Souness whose bid for Wolves was described by the club as ''considerably lower'' than any other offer they''d had? And the same Mandaric who is currently on the verge of sealing a takeover of Leicester? Personally I''d much rather the current board stayed in charge than sell out to Souness. He''s hardly Mr Popular in football, is he? And if Mandaric doesn''t take over at Leicester, I''d be delighted if the club talked to him, I think he''d be fantastic for us. But if the Leicester takeover goes through, who are these ''others'' that you speak of?
[/quote]

The Mandaric deal is not likely to go through in the forseeable future so why isn''t Delia approaching him then???

Both Souness and Mandaric would have plenty of money to invest after buying Delia out....

Souness offered £20 million to buy Wolves with additional money to invest in the playing squad after the buy out...  Delia would cost approximately £8 million to buy out...  our existing debt would continue to be paid off at the current rate of approx £1.5 million per year (as per arrangements set up by the current board with the bank)...

Do the maths for yourself... PLENTY OF MONEY TO SPEND!!!

As for others why should I be dropping any names (I don''t have all the answers)...  Anybody that seems that there are no other potential investors though is living a very blinkered life!!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I think you missed your vocation as a 1970''s Trade Unionist at a British car plant.[/quote]Lol. Jimmy Knaaaaap is reborn!!  Take up your soapbox smudge and march on parliament, your true vocation is calling!

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

I was standing outside the main enterance for about 10 mins after the game finnished, waiting to pick up my son who was a ball boy. There was a bloke stood there shouting that he wanted the Board to be sacked. He stood there completetly on his own and everyone completely ignored him in the way that people ignore children having a tantrum by the sweet counter in Tesco`s. Most people thought he was waiting to be picked up by his carer.Oh dear me!

[/quote]

He didn''t have a ''Chelsea Smile'' did he, thefutureisyellow?.

Sorry Smudger but you gotta laugh at this haha! I really don''t understand quite why you have it in for the board so badly, I can understand that the team haven''t been at their best but you seem to be almost ''unhinged'' when it comes to the matter of DS in particular, it''s like you actually have a personal vendetta with Delia or something, you were not sacked as a  sous chef from canary catering were you???. I find the line that 99% of Norwich fans deserve to be relegated quite sad and insulting really, and doesn''t look good on yourself or your ''cause''. Bottom line is I asked you on another thread what you thought of last nights PERFORMANCE, was there any EFFORT from the players? That''s what should concern fans - if the players aren''t giving it a shot, and it''s quite evident from the reviews on here that they DID last night. What Delia and Michael were up to does not bother me, hopefully they were cheering on the team with the 1% minority that deserve to stay up....... 

[/quote]

I think they showed at what level they are capable of performing... Clearly giving it everything and clearly found wanting....  even a half decent Sunday League Team would of been able to find the net once against a 9 man/10 man Wolves team!!!

Smudger - I did not say I was frustrated, just said that sometimes I despair. 

And if you knew me you''d know that I have gumption.

So what do you want us to do?  We are just small cogs in a whole bigger system.

If we give up our season tickets there will be others to replace us.  If we stop going there will be others to replace us.  We can protest outside the ground, but that won''t achieve anything like removing the board.  Not that it would happen but if it did, who would take over where alias smith and jones left off?  Some valid questions not yet answered!

Strange, we are all city fans, and I guess that is our common ground.  We all hate the way the club is suffering at the moment, but as said before what are we minions supposed to do?

But to say we deserve to go down is not on, it''s a smite on the fans that have been supporting NCFC through thick and thin for generations.

Smudger..your comment regarding the fans deserving relegation is a disgrace. Financially we are not competing, i grant you that, however try getting behind the club and SUPPORT them. If you can''t do that then kindly keep away from carrow road. We don''t need idiots like you there.

[quote user="gareth"]Smudger..your comment regarding the fans deserving relegation is a disgrace. Financially we are not competing, i grant you that, however try getting behind the club and SUPPORT them. If you can''t do that then kindly keep away from carrow road. We don''t need idiots like you there.[/quote]

and that really works doesn''t it???

You are a prime example of what I am talking about GARETH...  Unhappy and frustrated about how the board are driving this club of ours in to the ground... but unwiling to do anything about it...  Apathy my friend is what Delia & Co haved relied upon to royaly rip the fans off over the past couple of years!!!

[quote user="Grumpy "]I was at the game and the team played like s***. They couldn''t play them-self out of a paper bag let alone a relegation dog fight THAT THEY ARE NOW VERY MUCH IN. [/quote]

You must have been at a different game to me then, thats the best I''ve seen them play for ages.

[quote user="gareth"]Smudger..your comment regarding the fans deserving relegation is a disgrace. Financially we are not competing, i grant you that, however try getting behind the club and SUPPORT them. If you can''t do that then kindly keep away from carrow road. We don''t need idiots like you there.[/quote]

What an absolutely excellent post. All he is is a whinger, from what I can tell he doesn''t have any real love for the game or the club.

Sure he dresses it up as the club letting him down and what not but really people who love this game and this club will always try to be positive.

I take it that you are also one of the fans shouting "worthy out" maybe you are in the minority. The support that the real fans have given this season, we deserve to stay up. Are you a real fan?[:#]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Credit where it is due Smudger has tried to take action on his own regarding getting rid of the board,  where his approach falls down is trying to enrol what he describes as "apathetic supporters", what he should be doing is targeting like minded individuals. I got attacked by Cluck for asking what action  those supporters who want the board out were going to undertake (other than venting their spleen on this and other message boards), but the fact remains that no answer to this question was ever given. Maybe it is time that those fans that have such an issue with the way that the club is being run to do something constructive such as mobilising themselves into some sort of fans pressure group, because to be quite honest about it is a totally pointless exercise and easy option to attack fellow fans on this message board if you are not prepared to do something about it yourself.  

[/quote]

SOB...it was one of a series of comments stating that if I wanted the Board out I should "put my money where my mouth was" or alternatively provide a watertight business plan to make it happen.....There are thousands of scientists out in there determined to cure the ills of this world.....is it so wrong for them to talk about what could be without having the immediate answers to hand?

Discussion often brings about accord....but on here it usually ends up in a packing on from the Candyfloss Brigade. Treat like with like I say..........and who gives a f*** where it really matters anyway?

[quote user="ncfc1"]If the Board cannot be bothered why should we , Delia deserves league 1 next season as do all the sheep that follow her .[/quote]

I would guess the board are bothered, since their investment or any likely returns rest wiht us doing well in the long term. As far as I am aware no board member apart from Doncaster takes a salary from the club. Other board members have loaned the club money at no interest loans and it would seem they are ever likely to ask for that payment back. Yes they have made mistakes, but who does not and I do not questions their support of the club.

If you feel like we are all sheep, then that''s your opinion, but why don''t you and Smudger alike go and follow some team that has a board with your gumption and leave us sheep to kindly walk over the cliff altogther? I know who I would rather be with when the going gets tough and its not your kind...

[quote user="ncfc1"]If the Board cannot be bothered why should we , Delia deserves league 1 next season as do all the sheep that follow her .[/quote]

My sentiments exactly ncfc1... whether it be foolish sheep or apathetic sheep... it really makes no difference... both are helping Delia & Co ruin this football club!!!  [*-)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

SOB...it was one of a series of comments stating that if I wanted the Board out I should "put my money where my mouth was" or alternatively provide a watertight business plan to make it happen.....There are thousands of scientists out in there determined to cure the ills of this world.....is it so wrong for them to talk about what could be without having the immediate answers to hand?

Discussion often brings about accord....but on here it usually ends up in a packing on from the Candyfloss Brigade. Treat like with like I say..........and who gives a f*** where it really matters anyway?

[/quote]

Cluck it''s fair point for discussion and I doubt you would find any fan of NCFC happy with the current league position. However, if you continually go on and on about the same topic without any answers, then it becomes repetitive and dull.

At least Smudger with his one man crusade has put up some options and stood up and been counted for the previous night. Even though I feel they are unrealistic and no starters, he has tried to offer a different way in his unique style. 

I seem to remember some of your post claming business acumen, so if you have a plan for the future of NCFC then please expand with your knowledge. If not, then I am afraid you are just ranting with some justification about current events that most of feel disappointed with. However like me you have neither the knowledge or budget to help with.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Insulting people what a great way to get people to listen to your point of view! If you mean what you say and you want us to stop being ''apathetic'' and join you in your one man quest to remove the board don''t you think you''d have greater success if you used reasoned arguments instaed of hysterical rants and insults?[/quote]

All I have stated is fact... the apathy of our fans is allowing Delia & Co to destroy this club....  that is my opinion!!!

Disagree with me if you like... tell me in a polite way that you disagree and why you disagree.

(A)  In support of Delia & the current board and happy with what is curently happening at the club?

or

(B)  You are one of the apathetic fans that I speak of, who are prepared to sit idly by while rome burns?

[/quote]

"99% of our fans deserve relegation" - this is an insult 24,000 fans who reguarly attend matches at carrow road and those who follow the team up and down the  country often spending hundreds of £ at a time, these are loyal supporters and deserve respect. Just because their opinions differ from yours does not mean they deserve relegation.

Your suggestion is that 99% of us don''t care what happens to Norwich City football club, and you don''t undertand how you have insulted anyone!!!! i might question another posters views on a specific topic but i would never question their passion for the club.

What you must realise smudger is that we all care passionatly about the club and everyone of us wants the same end goal we just have different ideas of how to get there if the definition of apathy in a dictionary was somebody who disagrees with smudger then you may have had a point.

Finally you can''t pigeon hole people into 1. Anti Delia Fans 2. Pro Delia Fans & 3. Apathetic Fans none of those fit me

[/quote]Smudger you asked me to address your points and say why i thought you insulted people yet you fail to respond to my answers???? strange given the high volume of posts you have on this thread! Do you have any answers to my points?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Insulting people what a great way to get people to listen to your point of view! If you mean what you say and you want us to stop being ''apathetic'' and join you in your one man quest to remove the board don''t you think you''d have greater success if you used reasoned arguments instaed of hysterical rants and insults?
[/quote]

or

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger you asked me to address your points and say why i thought you insulted people yet you fail to respond to my answers???? strange given the high volume of posts you have on this thread! Do you have any answers to my points?
[/quote]

ok let me expand on my previous points then shall I???

If it was not clear how I felt on Tuesday then this should be clear enough and a bit more simple for you....

I have now changed my mind...

AFTER THE DISGRACEFUL SHOWING BY THE BOARD AND MONEY SPENT DURING THE TRANSFER WINDOW any fan who is still in support of this board of directors, or any fan that is prepared to sit apathetically by while this baord continues to destroy NCFC in my opinion deserves relegation and the downward spiral that will follow it...  and everything else that this board of directors will bring to them...

THAT IS THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER!!!

Angels,

He won''t answer you because it will mean admitting he is wrong. And, Smudger, it isn''t rocket science that if you make public how much you despise the other 99 percent of city fans, then the corollary of that is that they (we) will dismiss you as an abusive sap with nothing worthwhile to say. But, then again, I suppose it is fairly evident that you are not a rocket scientist[:)].    

[quote user="Smudger"]

I went along to vent my spleen at Delia and the board at the final whistle tonight...

I stood outside of the main entrance and shouted Smith Out and Sack the board!!!

Not one person stopped to either join in or disagree with me... 

In my opinion it is this apathy amongst the paying public that Delia & Co rely upon to keep them where they are (driving this club in to the ground)...

99% of our fans deserve relegation...everything I saw tonight made me feel sick... it is a very sad state of affairs... Does anybody at this club have any fight left in them???

There are large numbers of people who say that they want changes on the board to happen... so lets see some action then guys!!!  [:@]`

[/quote]

Just who exactly has the power to ''sack the board?''

Also reading this post and you''ve said that "large numbers of people want changes on the board" but i dont see ''large numbers'' supporting you. Don''t go if you don''t like it, im sure there are other people who want to watch Norwich still [:)]

[quote user="GJD"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cluck it''s fair point for discussion and I doubt you would find any fan of NCFC happy with the current league position. However, if you continually go on and on about the same topic without any answers, then it becomes repetitive and dull.

At least Smudger with his one man crusade has put up some options and stood up and been counted for the previous night. Even though I feel they are unrealistic and no starters, he has tried to offer a different way in his unique style. 

I seem to remember some of your post claming business acumen, so if you have a plan for the future of NCFC then please expand with your knowledge. If not, then I am afraid you are just ranting with some justification about current events that most of feel disappointed with. However like me you have neither the knowledge or budget to help with.

[/quote]

I rest my case........

I''ve laid down plenty of ideas on here over the months and after a while it gets mind numbingly repetitive for me to try to answer the same question time and again. Once again from you  it''s just the same old bleat from the flock.........

You''re basically clueless yourself as to a way out of this mess (if indeed you think we need one)...so please don''t use your own lethargy as a weapon to attack those of us who are at least making efforts to look........

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="GJD"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I rest my case........

I''ve laid down plenty of ideas on here over the months and after a while it gets mind numbingly repetitive for me to try to answer the same question time and again. Once again from you  it''s just the same old bleat from the flock.........

You''re basically clueless yourself as to a way out of this mess (if indeed you think we need one)...so please don''t use your own lethargy as a weapon to attack those of us who are at least making efforts to look........

[/quote]

It makes you just want to BANG your head HARD against a brick wall doesn''t it Cluck???

This team stinks of relegation...  yet a few more lines of club spin and 99% of the flock are all back in order waiting to see another humiliation to the mighty Leeds at home on Saturday...

We clearly need at least two defenders in and one quality striker to halt our slide...  yet our fans are happy with a couple of midfielders for £75k who are probably no better in truth than what we have already got...

We are not only looking relegation candidates, but seem to now be becoming serious contenders for finishing bottom of the league!!!

The majority of our fans who should deserve so much better may as well of handed in a written letter asking for Delia to ensure that we are relegated...

I don''t know what to do anymore either.. these people make me hang my head in shame to be associated with them!!!!  [:@]

I asked that in a more earlier thread, and no reply was given.

I admire Smudger''s steadfastness, sticking by what he believes,  people have differing opinions, and I respect differing views to my own.

If we did not renew our ST''s then there would be someone in to replace us, the board would not notice the seats being empty because they would be filled by others.

Smudger can I ask you a question, and I don''t mean this to seem sarcastic, but sometimes typing things you can''t get accross the emotion, but why do you support Norwich? 

If  we didnt renew there would be others to take our place , i very much doubt that , the days of the full house at Carrow Road are gone , show the same level of ambition as Southend and you will end up with similar crowds.

So lethargy is asking for an explanation for you to expand upon your views out of this mess it is?

You do not want to debate obviously, but rather like Smudger you would prefer to lecture from the mountain top and preach to the converted. Then when someone asks a question for you to expand upon your views you resort to playground name calling instead.

How very grown up.

[quote user="SuperCity"]

I asked that in a more earlier thread, and no reply was given.

I admire Smudger''s steadfastness, sticking by what he believes,  people have differing opinions, and I respect differing views to my own.

If we did not renew our ST''s then there would be someone in to replace us, the board would not notice the seats being empty because they would be filled by others.

Smudger can I ask you a question, and I don''t mean this to seem sarcastic, but sometimes typing things you can''t get accross the emotion, but why do you support Norwich? 

[/quote]

Why does anybody suport a given football team SUPER CITY?

Because my family roots are from Norfolk/North Suffolk and I was saddled with this lot by my father at a game where we put 4 past Leicester at Filbert Street (1-4 I believe) with a Martin O''Neill inspired late run to 3rd place in the old Div 1 and promotion in 1982..