Sign in to follow this  
The Third Earl of WimBim

I Do Want To Go To Chelsea

Whatto fellow sufferers!  Just found out that the Roller hasn''t got an MOT (whatever that is????) so will have to take the charabanc to Chelsea with something called ''Club Cabbage''.  Yes, I know I''m getting a bit ahead of myself but I''m a ''glass half-full'' sort of person (actually three-quarters if I can get my hands on the bottle!).  As it says in the Bible (Book of Brian, Chapter 1, Verse 69) ''Always Look On the Bright Side of Life'' (unless you happen to be called Wiz, Cluck, Smudger etc etc).

What was the point of this drivel?  Oh yes , I remember...anyone know of any decent watering holes close to the Bridge that will be suitable for an eccentric Earl and his entourage?  I used to know the area quite well - the Second Earl used to have a town house in some Mews just round the corner until that unfortunate incident with the Understairs Maid and the turnip - never mind, any help and info. appreciated!

The White Horse

This is a popular pub, that can be found at the North East corner of Parsons Green. Leave the Parsons Green underground station using the right hand exit. As you exit the station turn right and walk 50 yds down the road to the White Horse on the left hand side.

Scruffy Murphy''s

This pub is located 500 yards up the Fulham Road from the ground (turn left out of the ground) just past the Esso garage. It''s a great little pub.

The Blackbird

The pub is located next to the Tube station, and is the only recommended pub for away fans!

The Fox and Pheasant

Walk past stamford bridge along the Fulham Road, go over the railway line, first foad on the right (private road) pub is down on right. This is a real gem, looks like it hasnt changed since it was built (the public bar on left) small and snug, serves greene king ales in good condition. Rear beer garden covered, a good crowd on matchdays no trouble.

So legend has it, Stamford birdge has the largest number of pubs within a mile radius of the ground so you''ve there is loads of options. Only the ones immediately opposite the ground are best avoided due to crowding, and these are usually packed with home fans

Hope this helps [:)]

[quote user="SuperCity"]

The White Horse

This is a popular pub, that can be found at the North East corner of Parsons Green. Leave the Parsons Green underground station using the right hand exit. As you exit the station turn right and walk 50 yds down the road to the White Horse on the left hand side.

Scruffy Murphy''s

This pub is located 500 yards up the Fulham Road from the ground (turn left out of the ground) just past the Esso garage. It''s a great little pub.

The Blackbird

The pub is located next to the Tube station, and is the only recommended pub for away fans!

The Fox and Pheasant

Walk past stamford bridge along the Fulham Road, go over the railway line, first foad on the right (private road) pub is down on right. This is a real gem, looks like it hasnt changed since it was built (the public bar on left) small and snug, serves greene king ales in good condition. Rear beer garden covered, a good crowd on matchdays no trouble.

So legend has it, Stamford birdge has the largest number of pubs within a mile radius of the ground so you''ve there is loads of options. Only the ones immediately opposite the ground are best avoided due to crowding, and these are usually packed with home fans

Hope this helps [:)]

[/quote]

Many thanks Super!  I''m sure we can find something half decent amongst that selection - any ideas about food options?  Prefer something a bit gamey.