Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Demonstrations

We get relegated to League One I will be first out on the street waving flags, chanting, and generally remonstrating about the Board, the manager , the tea lady etc. I will rush over to the Main Entrance and cut up my season ticket. I will sign any petition put to me calling for regime change. I''ll write to Delia, Neil, Charles Clarke, Seb Coe and Kofi Annan demanding explanations.

Until that point I put all my fears and reservations aside and all my energy into doing my bit to get this club out of this hole. I care not whose fault it was right now, all I care about is surviving in this league and looking like being a credible force next season. We are in a relegation dogfight and I firmly believe that whether we are a PG admirer, a Delia hater, or a poster detractor the best way to get out of it is to make cCarrow Road a fortress for the rest of the season.

More change now would almost guarantee relegation. It would be like writing our own suicide note. New Board, new manager, new whatever. We need stability until May.

That''s my view and I hope that as many of you share it as possible. To some it''s all bilge. But I hope not.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

We get relegated to League One I will be first out on the street waving flags, chanting, and generally remonstrating about the Board, the manager , the tea lady etc. I will rush over to the Main Entrance and cut up my season ticket. I will sign any petition put to me calling for regime change. I''ll write to Delia, Neil, Charles Clarke, Seb Coe and Kofi Annan demanding explanations.

Until that point I put all my fears and reservations aside and all my energy into doing my bit to get this club out of this hole. I care not whose fault it was right now, all I care about is surviving in this league and looking like being a credible force next season. We are in a relegation dogfight and I firmly believe that whether we are a PG admirer, a Delia hater, or a poster detractor the best way to get out of it is to make cCarrow Road a fortress for the rest of the season.

More change now would almost guarantee relegation. It would be like writing our own suicide note. New Board, new manager, new whatever. We need stability until May.

That''s my view and I hope that as many of you share it as possible. To some it''s all bilge. But I hope not.

[/quote]

Spot on Tumbleweed. We all need to pull together for the rest of the season.

Good call Tumbleweed, although we disagree at times I must back you fully in this. Now is not the time for fallouts, there are far bigger issues at stake now.

Wise words

As much as I am not satisfied with the current situation, I don''t want to be relegated just to be proved right

For the first half at Wolves, the fans and team were as one,  if we get at the team it will only help  the opposing side

We can get out of this

Great call Tumbleweed and admist all the ''ifs'' ''buts'' and ''maybes'' on  various posts at the moment a voice of reason.

No we''re not happy, of course as fans we want to be pushing for promotion but the fact is we''re not and we are  getting closer and closer to relegation. Whatever the views on this forum I''m sure as fans we don''t want that. Now is the time to pull together and get behind the team.

Damn....I thought this was a thread to book up a souffle'' demonstration with Delia......Oh well...back to the despair and gloom.........

[quote user="Spilt Diesel"]Demonstrate when its too late.

Good plan.
[/quote]

My point exactly DIESEL....  Don''t worry about it though as it is far too late already...  Give it a few weeks and relegation and demonstrations will follow (this is not something that I wish for but is as obvious now as Worthy''s sacking was a year or so before it arrived).  [Y]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]As always a sensible approach from the venerable Tumbleweed...[/quote]

....yes, shortly followed by a miserable one from Smudger - up to almost 400 threads, not one of which is positive (not that I''ve seen anyway). 

[quote user="Smudger"]

My point exactly DIESEL....  Don''t worry about it though as it is far too late already...  Give it a few weeks and relegation and demonstrations will follow (this is not something that I wish for but is as obvious now as Worthy''s sacking was a year or so before it arrived).  [Y][/quote]

OK Smudger and co. Whats you magnificiant plan? All I ever seem to hear is you moaning on and on and on but what is your viable solution?

Great post Tumbleweed we need to pull together if we''re going to get out of this mess and make CR as noisy as possible on Saturday.

Utterly, utterly predictable responses from the two misanthropists. Thanks fellows for, once again, a terrific contribution.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

My point exactly DIESEL....  Don''t worry about it though as it is far too late already...  Give it a few weeks and relegation and demonstrations will follow (this is not something that I wish for but is as obvious now as Worthy''s sacking was a year or so before it arrived).  [Y][/quote]

OK Smudger and co. Whats you magnificiant plan? All I ever seem to hear is you moaning on and on and on but what is your viable solution?

[/quote]

So are you adsmitting that the points I have made are obvious if you are asking me for a solution UEA Canary???

Seems that way and that you have just accepted relegation already and do not feel inclined to or want to blame anybody at the club....

oh of course it is all fans who are like me fault isn''t it???

Just that little bit of extra money in Delia''s purse and a tiny bit more noise in the ground would of made all the difference, right???

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

I haven''t been on here for a few days because, quite frankly, the continual doom and gloom mongering from the usual suspects was really starting to get me down.

It makes a refreshing change to read a post that, although it acknowleges we are in trouble, attempts to unite us fans rather than divide.

Nice one Tumbleweed, I agree wholeheartedly wish every word. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

Just that little bit of extra money in Delia''s purse and a tiny bit more noise in the ground would of made all the difference, right???

[/quote]

Being a simple man, could you please explain Smudger how the money from gate receipts ends up in Delia''s Purse please? If you have read the accounts can you show me and tell me how the money is getting to Delia. I was under the assumption, possibly wrongly, that she did not take money out of the club. I look forward to your expaination. Thanks.

Being simple I shall of course be right behind the team hoping that we win on Saturday and have a good run between now and the end of the season.