Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Make Saturday feel like a cup final.

As unhappy as i felt with the lack of new players we brought in on deadline day we have to now put it to the back of our minds, get behind the players we have and make Carrow road sound and look like a cup final come Saturday! Bring your balloons,your ticker tape, flags etc,and if you don''t normally have the colours of the club on get yourself something Yellow and wear it, buy a scarf for god sake,we are in a relegation fight lets show the players the manager and even the board that we love this club and will do our bit to help out!!

On the ball City!!!!!

Agreed - less quite than it was on Tuesday please,  I dont want any doubts as to whether the fans contributed to our relegation if the worst happens.

How many players should you bring in on deadline day? It''s only 24 hours long.

Why are you asking people to put it to the back of their mind like it''s some sort of terrible thing?

Good on you for trying to support the team though. Well done on that part. After five new signings this month, we could have some positive results.

The reality of it is PHAT that this is our Cup Final and the only one we are likely to be having for a while too!!!

I would personally be over the moon with a draw come Saturday evening... as it will still mean that there is a 7 point gap between ourselves and Leeds.  While the others may gain ground on us it would make it very difficult for Leeds to pick up the points and would be a serious hammer blow to their survival hopes.

My fear is that with so much pressure on the team/manager/board we will go all out for the win... and with 2 or 3 midfielders playing in defence will leave ourselves wide open at the back...

Lose on Saturday and we need a miracle!!!

Yellow rages, it was a terrible thing that we only signed two players, we needed at least 4 players we are in trouble and two just wasn''t enough,in my opinion,look how short we are in defence its not good and we are lightweight upfront as well,see now i''m feeling all negative again.

[quote user="Phatcanary9"]Yellow rages, it was a terrible thing that we only signed two players, we needed at least 4 players we are in trouble and two just wasn''t enough,in my opinion,look how short we are in defence its not good and we are lightweight upfront as well,see now i''m feeling all negative again.[/quote]

Agreed, we do need a centre back and another good forward but my point was that firstly, two players signed in one day is pretty good going and secondly that we have signed five players not two during this entire window.

Back to the two vacancies though, we can still get loan players in as a temporary measure here. Not ideal but it will do for now.

When the fans really get behind the team we seem to really lift them, look at the Leicester game this season as a good example. For most of Worthy''s time here we had a pretty decent record at home and this was generally due to the feel good factor the fans generated at CR. Look at the play off season, we were a pretty average team (no strikers for a start) and got to the play offs on the back of the 2nd best home record in the division (2 defeats to Brum & Bradford) - if you recall we were pretty awful away from home that season as we lost 13 games!

Despite what some posters have stated, relegation would be a total disaster and there would be no guarantee of coming straight back (see Forest, Sheff Wed & QPR). Remember, a lot of us thought we would come straight back up after relegation from the premiership....

Lets make Carrow Road rock on saturday. If nothing else it makes the game more enjoyable!

May be that losing would be the best way of getting rid of smith and the othe others - it would be painful to go down but perhaps best in the long run to be rid of this lot - the ktfs wont see it but the longer they go on the worst it gets

I agree with you Phatcanary9, the only way to get the lads playing and winning is to crank up the volume.Ok so it has been a S!!! season but hey we are City til we die and there is no way I am going down without a fight.Lets get Carrow Road back where away teams fear to tread again.Get behind Grant,Get behind the LADS, and make your own mind up about the directors.

I want to hear the Snakepit and Barclay roar again,maybe the South Stand( I never say Jarrold cause they put me out of work) will join in and finally River End might raise a mumour!

ON THE BALL CITY