Sign in to follow this  
Seb

St Mirren Fans - Opinions on Lappin

[quote user="ray ducker"][quote user="Seb"]

Interesting views of the St Mirren fans and what they thought of Lappin

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17416

The general opinion seems to be he delivers an excellent ball, and is technically very good. Looks to be quite a departure from Huckerby on the left hand side, as Lappin appears to be more of a crosser and passer, as opposed to pace and dribbling.

Maybe a glimpse of the way Grant wants his team to play? I do hope so.

[/quote]

Simon Lappin,  the most i can make out from the St Mirren fans is that he''s a good crosser of the ball , so what has this to do with the price of gammon ? or in other words who in our front line is going to get on the end of them ? are we getting anything better than we have got ? Eagle is a good crosser of the ball as well you know , but lets hope he can bring something to us , something to change the free fall trend that we find ourselfs in , this is breaking my heart every time i look at the league .

[/quote]

My point exactly RAY...

Yet so many people have to go to the other extreme...  My views are that the guys we have signed are unlikely to be much of an improvement on what we already have... added to that I have never viewed the midfield as a priority for us to strengthen. 

I think the midfielders we currently have are more than able to do a job at keeping us in this division...  I do however have grave doubts about our strikers without Earnie and our defence is an absolute joke even if the first choice back four are playing (we all know that we have no cover for injuries to any position in defence).

How many loans do we have left?  Because I feel we need at least 3 more players in (2 defenders and 1 quality striker) and quickly to ensure us of safety!!!

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

Lappin might be great or he might be s***. But let''s give him a chance.

[/quote]

just wasting time

[/quote]Wow, look who''s back... another of Smudger/Cluck/Wiz''s alter egos... with the emphasis firmly on ego...

Hi guys. I''m a St. Mirren fan, and i was browsing the forum, just to see what Norwich fans made of signing Lappin. Peter Grant has done a good bit of business for you signing Lappin at such a cut down price and most Saints fan are sorry to see him go. He isnt the completed article at the moment, but you can be sure he will give 100% every time he plays. He is also one of the best crossers of the ball ive seen at Love St. in many a year. Dont expect to see him running at defenders and hitting the by line everytime he get the ball, because thats not his game, but given a half a yard of space he will play in some great crosses. He deserves a shot at playing at a higher level. I dont think anyone up here would deny him that, after he helped  us win the 1st divison  and the League Challenge Cup and helped with the good start we made in the Premier. Good luck to the guy.

Always good to sign someone the fans are sorry to see go - been a while since we signed someone like that, Ashton being the last one?   Usually its fans happy to see players move on.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[/quote]

just wasting time

[/quote]

Wow, look who''s back... another of Smudger/Cluck/Wiz''s alter egos... with the emphasis firmly on ego...
[/quote]

Seems the geeks still want the playground all to themselves..........chase me monkey lugs........

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[/quote]

just wasting time

[/quote]Wow, look who''s back... another of Smudger/Cluck/Wiz''s alter egos... with the emphasis firmly on ego...[/quote]

Seems the geeks still want the playground all to themselves..........chase me monkey lugs........

[/quote]Yeah, sorry Cluck, didn''t mean to use personal insults in a debate, I know you''d never stoop that low... oh wait, hang on...

Smudger Wrote

My views are that the guys we have signed are unlikely to be much of an improvement on what we already have... added to that I have never viewed the midfield as a priority for us to strengthen. 

Surely you Jest !

[quote user="ricardo"]

Smudger Wrote

My views are that the guys we have signed are unlikely to be much of an improvement on what we already have... added to that I have never viewed the midfield as a priority for us to strengthen. 

Surely you Jest !

[/quote]

I don''t think smudger does Jest, but whinge that''s another matter.

He is trying to get it included as an Olympic sport. He''ll be our best bet for a gold medal.

How on earth would anyone have a £75000 clause in their contract ,thats not even half a house these days,if he was any good someone else would have brought him,i see another jarrett or huges