Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Grant the Man

I''ve seen him in a different light this week, he kept his promise to Flem and let him go when an offer came in and he was honest enough to tell Robbo we wasn''t good enough and give him time off to find a job and even tried to get rid of Thorne.

He then signs a couple of decent players against the odds, they joined us because of him.

Ok so his results so far have been awful but he will have his team out soon, lets avoid the drop and kick on next year.

Eieio up the football league we go!

Good post.  I agree, many people on here dont, but i think you are right.also the ages of the signed players: 24 lappin?, 23 fotherington?, chadwick 26?, marshal 23?.   not exactly sure on the ages but they are younger and hungrier than the players he is getting rid of / trying to get rid of (thorne, fleming, and robinson).i have said many times we can only judge a manager on HIS squad.  and that takes time.  also people want names, i disagree, one of our key players for years was 100k gary holt from scotland.  kevin doyle at reading unheard of and was like £75k - they wouldnt except less than £4mill now.  and hey a positive for us all, at least by not getting promoted this year we dont have to pay £200k for thorne!