Sign in to follow this  
Forces2Canaries

Time to stand together

Norwich City face one of their toughest battles and most disappointing seasons for many years, with relegation to Division 1 a very likely possibility. Isn’t it about time that ALL supporters put their differences to one side and got behind their team, manager and players for the remaining games of the season.

All the in-house bickering isn’t helping our cause in anyway shape or form. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are already members of our support having a go at the new signings that have been brought in during the transfer window, without allowing them time to show what they can do.

I have never known Carrow Road so quiet, it was only a short while ago that the Barclay Stand would sing about anything. We have the best supporters in the Championship, and are the envy of many Premiership sides who fail drastically to take the kind of away support that we do to matches. Carrow Road is at capacity most weeks, however, in the last few months there are times when you could hear a pin drop.

Many supporters in recent times, through the sacking of Nigel Worthington and the questioning regards the ambition of the Board have constantly stated that we are the backbone and lifeblood of this Club, well its about time we got off our backsides, opened our mouths and started proving it.

Maybe for 3 months, all supporters should put their personal differences aside, accept that Peter Grant is in charge and give him chance to do his job. Be proud to support Norwich City.

It appears fairly obvious that some of our players confidence has been knocked, getting on their backs constantly during matches is going to do nothing to allow them to re-build their confidence, and play the game that we so desperately want them to play.

Look what we achieved in our promotion winning season, when the Board, Management, Players and Supporters were as one …

Superb post and I totally agree. The inhouse petty bickering has got to stop now, or at least for the 90 minutes that the team is on the pitch.

We have got to look at the bigger picture as one, and that is to get behind the team and the management every game until this sorry season is over and we can look to start afresh, in this division, next season.

I seem to remember Worthington saying "judge the team I build" and "give me 3 seasons to get promotion" etc, well, lets give Peter Grant the same chance that his predecessor had, and back him, not stab him in the back.

Lets get behind the lads today and heres to 3 points - OTBC