Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Varney and Stead!! We need a goalscorer!!!

Both scored today and two more we ''looked at'' but didn''t try for!!!!

We''re 1-0 down AGAIN!!! Someone said that Varney isn''t that good and that he''s over achieving this season, well I''ll tell you summit, I''d like to have seen him carry on over achieving and scoring for Norwich!!! wouldn''t you???

we need a goalscorer. Losing at home to poor teams, these are sad times. I don''t even live in England anymore and listening to the game on the radio is painful enough that it makes me want to support my local team here (Elche) rather than a this sad sinking ship.

NO PASSION!!! NO PASSION AT ALL!!!! PATHETIC.

To have lost the only decent striker at the club and then not replace him is a travesty. It is indicative of the complacency and denial that is rife within this football club at the moment. 

Sad times indeed.  

Varney just scored again!!! brace now for the day maybe even a hat-trick before the end of the game. This guy isn''t over achieving he''s proving he can do summit we can''t and thats score!!!

Good goal by Dublin, I think that after all he''s done this season he should go into our hall of fame at times he''s been a one man team!

The one we missed out on for me is Howard,if the board had of put the money up for him he would of come,the wounders of hind site lol. To be fair Dion was better value and if it wasnt for the fact we have no cover at center back he would up there banging em in!!

I may be on my own here but im happy with the way PG is slowly getting his squad together.Things can only get better!!

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

We''re 1-0 down AGAIN!!! Someone said that Varney isn''t that good and that he''s over achieving this season, well I''ll tell you summit, I''d like to have seen him carry on over achieving and scoring for Norwich!!! wouldn''t you???

we need a goalscorer. Losing at home to poor teams, these are sad times. I don''t even live in England anymore and listening to the game on the radio is painful enough that it makes me want to support my local team here (Elche) rather than a this sad sinking ship.

[/quote]

So let me get this straight...you weren''t at the game and you''re criticising the team (before the game was over) dubbing them pathetic with no passion. Even though we were the better side from start to finish and got the result we deserved.

And you''re singing the praises of a player who plays for a team in the lower regions of the league below us who wasn''t good enough to keep his team up last year.

You''re welcome to support ''Elche'' to be honest.

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

[/quote]NO BRAINER MATE. SUPPORT ELCHE IF YOU WANT. TONS OF PASSION. GOOD PERFORMANCE IN THE SECOND HALF.  CHRIS MARTIN IS THE STRIKER WE NEED, WAIT AND SEE! 

We could do with a varney - we need options up front but to be honest the problem with todays game all stemed from starting with Hux on the flank and not as a striker. 

In the first half we stifled ourselves by having 5 in midfield and bizarrely were continually too narrow with croft and hux coming in too often,  which is why the full backs did well - they had space but unfortunately the centre area was so busy we couldnt get the ball out wide often enough.

On top of this we had Etuhu with his usual down beat approach for most of the game.

What the 3 midfield signings give us is options across the middle, and hopefully Grant the chance to drop etuhu and show him he has to earn his place in the side  - he seems to take it for granted at the moment.

With Croft, chadwick, fozzy, Lappin, safri and etuhu competing for 4 spots and hughes in the wings suddenly the midfield looks far more competetive and we can swap and change.  That should change our fortunes this season

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

What the 3 midfield signings give us is options across the middle, and hopefully Grant the chance to drop etuhu and show him he has to earn his place in the side  - he seems to take it for granted at the moment.

With Croft, chadwick, fozzy, Lappin, safri and etuhu competing for 4 spots and hughes in the wings suddenly the midfield looks far more competetive and we can swap and change.  That should change our fortunes this season

[/quote]

Totally agree Zipper.  We have two players for each midfield position and more importantly we look like we finally could have a balanced midfield.  As good as Hux is, he is a striker.