Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Any else a bit sick of the Scottish thing?

To add to the list of quality Scottish footballers who have played for City, how about Kenny Foggo, Jimmy Bone and Ted Macdougal? I have no problem with the nationalities of players we bring in as long as they''re good enough. In the cases of our most recent signings we can have no idea whether they will make the grade until they''ve played a few games. On the Scottish question, it will be interesting to see how many Scots are involved at Carrow Road at all levels if PTP stays for a few seasons. The English could be in the minority in 2 or 3 years time.

[quote user="Polar1990"]

whats wrong with scots? they have a good bit of fight , are use to being the under dogs alot of the time and know how to play football.

if there are players who are scottish coming to us who are good its better than players from other countires coming who are bad.

grant has an advantage other managers dont have, scottish connections, hence thats where the players coming from, a reason why i think we didnt have any competition for lappin as Grant asked around scotland for a lef sided midfielder before stumbling across lappin.

nothing wrong with scottish players.

[/quote]

But only a few of them, Polar, only a few.

Which one''s have we got?

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]you''ll be arguing about who''s dad is bigger next...[/quote]

The correct answer is my dad.  He''s huge in Aylsham, and quite big in Japan.
[/quote]

Ah, Blah, but is he big in Mexico? That''s the real test!

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]you''ll be arguing about who''s dad is bigger next...[/quote]

The correct answer is my dad.  He''s huge in Aylsham, and quite big in Japan.
[/quote]

My dad''s a policeman

All traitors to the cause I tell you.....We should conduct DNA tests to ensure nobody gets with 10 miles of the ground who isn''t pure Norfolk. Cos otherwise they''re not real fans apparentlyLOL

[quote user="pete"]We can but hope the Scots show more footballing ability and application than our Irish contingent, Spillane excepted.[/quote]Martin O''Neill? Also, it''s a bit harsh to write off McVeigh''s past input, The Doc last year?

European Championship Qualifying : Group B Table

P

W

D

L

F

A

GD

PTS
1Scotland43019369
2France430111299
3Italy42117527
4Ukraine32015416
5Lithuania31113304
6Georgia41039903
7Faroe Islands4004018-180

Now remind me again, which two teams contested the latest World Cup final?

Although I would have liked some big name/big money signings as much as the next man, and feel there is much wrong with the way the club has been managed over a period of several years, I''m fairly upbeat about the two new signings. Possibly just possibly this heralds a return to the Norwich we knew and loved of the 70''s 80''s and even early 90''s? Days when we stuck our neck out and brought in young, hungry but unproven players from lower leagues or the Scottish/Welsh/Irish divisions, led by a couple of seasoned pros who''d reached the very top of the game. I''d far rather have the likes of Lappin and Fotheringham at the Club than overpaid, underconcerned journeymen. It''s a gamble I know but it''s patently obvious we don''t have much of a transfer fund, the clubs cash seems to have been thrown at bad deal after bad deal. It''s time to tighten the belt, accept that we''ve P!$$ed away our best chance of making the big time since the second year of the Premiership, we''re going to need players with grit in the weeks and probably years ahead and if just one of the two new recruits from North of the border displays the fight and ambition we come to expect of the Scots, then at 50% that''s a far better success rate than we''ve experienced over the last half dozen years.

Watch the match at Twickenham today and tell me afterwards you don''t want some of that passion in your team, I predict Scotland will beat England on home turf, and that doesn''t happen very often at all!

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Well....Monkey...I''m proud that you have chosen to support my home City club. The point made is whether the club is only a part of why you follow NCFC....or whether it is the club itself that attracted you? If you don''t see the Cathedral etc. as part of your heritage....you won''t have the same personal feelings as those of us who do. It quite simple and perfectly logical. A sense of belonging to the place of our birth overrides any sentiment attached to somewhere you may just "like to be"......Sorry if hurts guys....but being Norfolk born and bred is a special privilige......not a lifestyle choice       [;)]

As for Deisel''s post...I don''t give a monkeys. NEXT? 

[/quote]

Firstly its not your home club, it does not belong to just you, so don''t try and take that childish stance. Whilst I was born in Nottingham, I feel very little attachment to it (but that maybe because its a dump) whereas Norwich I''ve always had a sense of home whether its because I know where my roots lie isn''t really the point where you feel at home and happy.

To be perfectly honest I suspect I''m a better fan than some of your so called "born and bred" fans who sit on their hands quietly for 40mins, then waddle off to grab a pie before the queues form, repeat for the second half except if we score they''ll have to stand up and clap politely but luckily for them thats very rare these days and finally at 85mins they waddle out quickly to be the first back to their car. I think that special privilage you talk about is that extra finger....your right though I can see how that isn''t a lifestyle choice [:P]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Well....Monkey...I''m proud that you have chosen to support my home City club. The point made is whether the club is only a part of why you follow NCFC....or whether it is the club itself that attracted you? If you don''t see the Cathedral etc. as part of your heritage....you won''t have the same personal feelings as those of us who do. It quite simple and perfectly logical. A sense of belonging to the place of our birth overrides any sentiment attached to somewhere you may just "like to be"......Sorry if hurts guys....but being Norfolk born and bred is a special privilige......not a lifestyle choice       [;)]

[/quote]

Firstly its not your home club, it does not belong to just you, so don''t try and take that childish stance. Whilst I was born in Nottingham, I feel very little attachment to it (but that maybe because its a dump) whereas Norwich I''ve always had a sense of home whether its because I know where my roots lie isn''t really the point where you feel at home and happy.

To be perfectly honest I suspect I''m a better fan than some of your so called "born and bred" fans who sit on their hands quietly for 40mins, then waddle off to grab a pie before the queues form, repeat for the second half except if we score they''ll have to stand up and clap politely but luckily for them thats very rare these days and finally at 85mins they waddle out quickly to be the first back to their car. I think that special privilage you talk about is that extra finger....your right though I can see how that isn''t a lifestyle choice [:P]

[/quote]

That little "inbreed" gem should be appreciated by all Norfolk born folk on here....but I will simply put it down to the envy factor. Need I say more about your opinion of us local folk based on the above?

Sorry though sunshine...we can change our name...change our religeon.....even change our gender....but we can''t change our city of birth. Nothing childish about...just fact. It is my home city...yours is Nottingham. Be proud.....

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

That little "inbreed" gem should be appreciated by all Norfolk born

folk on here....but I will simply put it down to the envy factor. Need

I say more about your opinion of us local folk based on the above?

Sorry though sunshine...we can change our name...change our

religeon.....even change our gender....but we can''t change our city of

birth. Nothing childish about...just fact. It is my home city...yours is Nottingham. Be proud.....

[/quote]Well seeing as my entire family was born in Norfolk and I''ve spent at least half my life in Norwich, technically it really is a joke on myself, but I''ve always said you must learn to laugh at yourself and seriously lighten up! its a joke!And no I''m not jealous, I know what flows in my blood and where I''ve come from, I''m proud and happy of it.I was born in Nottingham, but my home is Norwich. If I may use an example my cousin was born in Mexico but its not her home, England is and always has been.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite frankly, I''d rather have a financial deficit than an intellectul deficit.

If City are also my home club, then how can the club belong to just Cluck alone?

Duh!

From a ''born & bred waddler''.

Dear, oh dear, oh dear.

One love.

OTBC

Oh dear!

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Green and Yellow Tartan scarfs anyone ? [:)][/quote]

Cracking idea. I''ll have one.

Will you be knitting them to order?

[/quote]LOL