Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl05

Damien Francis

As much as some of you may hate to admit it our midfield has never been the same since he left, he was scoring for fun in the premirship and we have not had a midfielder bursting in the box the way he did hopefully now we will have :) but these types of  midfielders seem to come with attitude as PG states fozzy is arrogant if this means he is going to take on players and not going to be scared to shoot etc then he can be as arrogant as he likes!! Is this the tonic we need?? lets hope so

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I loved Damo,and despite everything, would have him back in a flash!. We''ve never replaced him.[/quote]

He was lazy and inconsistent which is everything you lot winge about when speaking of Etuhu!!!!!!

I would never welcome him back after his no show at Fulham

Damo was a great player!

sadly it was some peoples over active imagination and downright stupidity with their false rumours which forced him out of the club.. he never once publicly said he wanted to leave.. yet rumours Escalated... would u stick around with the crap being spouted? no.. neither did Damo.

I wish him well...id give hima  good reception if he came back but i have a feeling the majority wouldnt

jas :)

Our defence has never been the same since Malky left either. But that gives the impression that we need him back and ditto with Francis. As it happens, right now we could do with Malky but more important is the point that we have NEVER properly replaced either of them. We wouldn''t be missing them if we had. Fact is with Francis, he only seems to play for the first few months of the season. Happened with us in the prem, with Wigan and now Watford. He''s a sub these days down there.

Absolute tripe. Etuhu isnt half the player Francis was.  Francis was nowhere near as lazy as is made out now.  No-one ever complained during his first two and a half seasons here.  He had the ability to win the ball and drive forward something etuhu never does, he had positional sense and broke late in to the box.  he was also a decent passer of the ball, and could finish.

He has been found wanting at the higher level of the Premiership.  Although he walked out on us, in essense I don''t blame any player for wanting to play at Premiership level. Having seen the lack of ambition at our club, those closer to the source - the players - will also have seen a club moving backwards.  I would guess this is why both Ashton and Francis looked to get away fairly quickly.

I would have him back in a flash - preferably with Hughes and Etuhu moving in the opposite direction.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I loved Damo,and despite everything, would have him back in a flash!. We''ve never replaced him.[/quote]

he had his moments but was rather over-rated in my opinion.

His agent told us he wanted to leave every other day of the week.As for a good reception on his return to Carrow Road - I don''t think anyone who was at Fulham would

[quote user="Steven Smart"]

He was lazy and inconsistent which is everything you lot winge about when speaking of Etuhu!!!!!!

[/quote]

Lazy and inconsistent? Were you watching the same Damien Francis? Everyone talks about Hucks getting us promoted and Hucks doing well for us in the Prem. The fact is Francis was just as an important player on both those seasons. I''d have him back instantly.

Fozzy may be arrogant, but Peter Grant will keep he feet on the ground, much better the Worthington could do with Francis.

Lets hope his arrogants bring more scope and range to our midfield.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Damo was a great player!

sadly it was some peoples over active imagination and downright stupidity with their false rumours which forced him out of the club.. he never once publicly said he wanted to leave.. yet rumours Escalated... would u stick around with the crap being spouted? no.. neither did Damo.

I wish him well...id give hima  good reception if he came back but i have a feeling the majority wouldnt

[/quote]

Likewise Jas...  Was a fantastic player for the majority of his time with us....  Damo was one of the main reasons we were promoted in the first place and in the Premiership we would of been relegasted by February without him....

Too many people sem to slag players off that havve actually done something for this club and applaud ones who have not proved anything yet or have performed consistently c**p for a couple of seasons or more now (ie - the Doc).

Damien Francis was a quality player and probably the reason why we all find Dickson so frustrating.

In Francis''s two full seasons here he scored goals from midfield, he broke up play, was quick, strong, got into both boxes and would usually work hard.

While Dickson has the ability to do all of these things too, he has never managed it to the consistant level that Francis did. I remember him catching my eye at Preston maybe 3 seasons before he signed for us. I caught him in a few games and he really seemed a quality player. In fact, I was pretty chuffed when we got him in. But his day just doesn''t come often enough...

We did replace Francis, it''s just the replacement isn''t reliable.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

Lazy and inconsistent? Were you watching the same Damien Francis? Everyone talks about Hucks getting us promoted and Hucks doing well for us in the Prem. The fact is Francis was just as an important player on both those seasons. I''d have him back instantly.

[/quote]

Are you joking Alex...  Craig Flemming was player of the season in our promotion year remember....  Flem was far more important than both of Hucks & Damo and Green, Iwan, Leon, Svensson...  hahahaha what a laugh!!!

Yet another example of the clueless nature of the majority of City''s fans.

Why is it that we are so hooked upon loyalty and this guy played every game... and so down on quality players who have moved on because this club is a shambles lacking in ambition???

No - franics didnt appear at Fulham,  but then the whole team fell apart and disappeared once Safri left so he was far from alone.

Francis was lazy and inconsistent but we have not replaced his ability to get into the box at the right time ad work as a partner with his midfield colleague.  Etuhu hasnt given a 10th of Francis actually did for us;  I suspect Etuhu could do but he needs a far greater awareness and committment to the game than his current 5 min spurt which he seems to think is enough;  the fact his averages just 1 tackle a game less than Hux tells me too much about his game. 

Really? can you not remember the awesome performance he put in against Fulham. Imo, he would have been first name down on the Olympic ''standing there'' team. the annoying thing was that he was a good player but needed to be motivated on a regular basis, the rest of the time we would have done as well using captain canary. Etuhu should count himself lucky he is still in the squad, he is too lazy by far. none of us like to see city lose but at least if the players look like they''re interested and put in some effort it might be a bit easier to take. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Absolute tripe. Etuhu isnt half the player Francis was.

[/quote]

I''m not saying whether Etuhu is half the player of Francis or not, my point was you moan about how lazy and inconsistent Etuhu is yet you are biggen up a player that was just a guilty of these things that Etuhu is!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you joking Alex...  Craig Flemming was player of the season in our promotion year remember....  Flem was far more important than both of Hucks & Damo and Green, Iwan, Leon, Svensson...  hahahaha what a laugh!!!

Why is it that we are so hooked upon loyalty and this guy played every game... and so down on quality players who have moved on because this club is a shambles lacking in ambition???

[/quote]

OK them, i stand corrected, I am a moron beacuse I voted along with a majority for Fleming as player of the season. I guess i am not worthy of watching football any more, I thought that a decent defence was important, now I know it is only strikers and attacking midfielders that win you games, how foolish i feel now.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK them, i stand corrected, I am a moron beacuse I voted along with a majority for Fleming as player of the season. I guess i am not worthy of watching football any more, I thought that a decent defence was important, now I know it is only strikers and attacking midfielders that win you games, how foolish i feel now.

[quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

B***ox! there were 9 other no shows that day! so its damien Francis fault that Fulham scored 6 goals was it? that the team were incapable a serious attack was down to Damo? it wasnt entirely his fault.. ok so maybe he played badly.. but only Dean Ashton actually put in any effort that day... hucks had a no show in tha game and the sun shines out of his backside doesnt it, ditto Green and Drury!

some people believe what they want and nothing else

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

B***ox! there were 9 other no shows that day! so its damien Francis fault that Fulham scored 6 goals was it? that the team were incapable a serious attack was down to Damo? it wasnt entirely his fault.. ok so maybe he played badly.. but only Dean Ashton actually put in any effort that day... hucks had a no show in tha game and the sun shines out of his backside doesnt it, ditto Green and Drury!

some people believe what they want and nothing else

[/quote]

Completely agree with you Jas. I was at the game and I was a little taken aback by how much stick Francis got after it. Collectively, as a team, it was a disaster. Francis''s performance certainly wasn''t markedly worse than at least 8 other players on that day.

I dont think that sun shine out of Hucks arse by a long way but the topic isn''t about him or the others its about Francis.

But as you said its an opinion which obviously differs from yours and on this forum that seems to be a big no no,

Perhaps what i should have said is YES SIR, WHATEVER YOU SAY!!!!!Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="Steven Smart"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Absolute tripe. Etuhu isnt half the player Francis was.

[/quote]

I''m not saying whether Etuhu is half the player of Francis or not, my point was you moan about how lazy and inconsistent Etuhu is yet you are biggen up a player that was just a guilty of these things that Etuhu is!!

[/quote]

I can''t say that I ever had a problem with Francis at any time during his career here.  He was useless on the right wing, and seemed to suffer the mid season lack of form but I never thought of him as lazy.

Etuhu doesnt even look like a footballer most of the time

I''d happily have him back at Carrow Road instead of some of his so called replacements.

Chances are he''ll be back here next season anyway (for ever the optimist) [;)]

Francis ... got an attitude  in our prem season , was a complete disgrace in the Fulham match  , when we needed all hands to the pump ,  made it VERY clear  by his performances  after relegation , that he thought he was " prem quality "  ,  made it to the giddy heights of Wigan , where he became  a bench job !  ..... and ditto  Watford  ,  says it all really  [:(]

I suspect that Francis has been singled out since the Fulham game due to the subsequent manor of his departure. How much of that was down to his agent or down to him I don''t know.

I would have to agree that during his time here I cannot recall ever thinking Francis was lazy, crap at times yes but not lazy. I also don''t subscribe that he was one of the main reasons we got promoted as after a very bright start he faded to the extent that he was dropped for a fair spell around Xmas. However, in the prem season he was by far our best player until his mid season injury after which he was never the same again.

If we could get him back I certainly wouldn''t say no.

Well, its not ''clueless nature'', its opinions. Your regular insults are tedious.