Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

HARTSON FOR CARROW ROAD?

I saw that too. Hartson would certainly be a better choice than Thorne or Jarvis (sorry Ryan). Bet his wages are steep though. As we seem to be on a one-out, one-in transfer policy, we would probably have to get Thorne off the wage bill first. But he doesn''t seem keen to give up the easy life.

Have you two actually seen the guy play this season? He looked very unfit when I saw him!

Anyway, we are into Scots now like when Rioch was here. Walker was into Welsh, Hamilton and Worthington loved  the Irish and now Grant will sign Scots! [;)] [:P] [ap] [au]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I saw that too. Hartson would certainly be a better choice than Thorne or Jarvis (sorry Ryan). Bet his wages are steep though. As we seem to be on a one-out, one-in transfer policy, we would probably have to get Thorne off the wage bill first. But he doesn''t seem keen to give up the easy life. [/quote]

Pyro , you should see Thorne wind surf out our way at Bacton, most of the week i might add , he''s no good at that either.

He''d be well worth a look. Strong as an ox and can whoosh a ball like a don''t know what! Also, gets a few with his head. For a ginge, he''s quite good really. :-P

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Have you two actually seen the guy play this season? He looked very unfit when I saw him!

Anyway, we are into Scots now like when Rioch was here. Walker was into Welsh, Hamilton and Worthington loved  the Irish and now Grant will sign Scots! [;)] [:P] [ap] [au]

[/quote]

He`s looked unfit for most of his career, doesnt stop him scoring and frightening defenders to death though.The Celtic link might help.

No - we should be planning for next season not looking for short term fixes that have no long term result.  If we learn anything from the last 18 montsh it has to be that we have to invest in young and hungry players who want to be and succeed with the club for some period of time.   If one of Chadwick, Fozzy and Lappin come off we will have progressed.

We have signed enough journey men player who no longer have success as their target, merely the next pay day.   Why add another?

Experience with hunger I am happy with - but its hard to spot amongst the £ signs nowadays 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

No - we should be planning for next season not looking for short term fixes that have no long term result.  If we learn anything from the last 18 montsh it has to be that we have to invest in young and hungry players who want to be and succeed with the club for some period of time.   If one of Chadwick, Fozzy and Lappin come off we will have progressed.

We have signed enough journey men player who no longer have success as their target, merely the next pay day.   Why add another?

Experience with hunger I am happy with - but its hard to spot amongst the £ signs nowadays 

[/quote]

Understand what your saying ZLF but the situation must dictate our actions right now.

In an ideal world, of course more of the like of Lappin would be fantastic. But we are into loan time now and what will we get on loan? Probably a Hartson or similar. Is a short term fix not exactly what we need right now? We have either Earnshaw or his fee coming back into the club at the end of the season, so something to help us maintain a mid table position is ideal. Without Earnshaw, we are going nowhere this season, so lets reconcile our position and ensure we are in this league next season first and foremost. The rebuilt can go on behind that in the background.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

I agree. I would much rather loan in a hungry young striker from the prem who we may be able to sign in the close season - only problem is I can''t thing of one!!

From what I have seen of Hartson this year I would rather have Dion up front. If Hartson was up to much then would WBA loan him out?

Isnt Hartson currently around the 17stone mark in terms of weight??? He is old, and not the kind of player we want to take us forward. He is still an alright Champoinship player, but we should be looking to get better, younger, more quality players in!! I saw him earlier this season at the Hawthorns, and I cant remeber seeing a fatter player. Maybe Mickey Quinn of Pompey fame. Differnt thread perhaps?

he did say he wanted to finnish his career of at swansea, he might go there a bit earlier than expected???