Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Time to draw a line

With the transfer window now closed , we have a new look squad albeit bereft in a few key areas . I have been a critic of Peter Grant mainly for his public criticism of players and his loaning out of Fleming at a key time . But we have what we have now and need to get on with it . We are clearly in for a relegation struggle and now is the time to draw a line , and get behind the team ,whoever takes the pitch over the next few months . With the fams behind the team and manager we may even just stay up !

Firstly, where is the ''new look'' squad?  It does not exist.

Secondly, I and everyone else will be behind the team at games.  What confuses me is how people feel that by posting on this forum in anything other than a positive light is not getting gehind the team?  They don''t read it, and we are all entitled to our opinions. 

Behind the team at the ground, questioning the decisions made on the net - its really no different to what you hear in the pub before and after the games.

Finally, who is your post aimed at exactly?

[quote user="Berks canary"]With the transfer window now closed , we have a new look squad albeit bereft in a few key areas . I have been a critic of Peter Grant mainly for his public criticism of players and his loaning out of Fleming at a key time . But we have what we have now and need to get on with it . We are clearly in for a relegation struggle and now is the time to draw a line , and get behind the team ,whoever takes the pitch over the next few months . With the fams behind the team and manager we may even just stay up ![/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Secondly, I and everyone else will be behind the team at games.  What confuses me is how people feel that by posting on this forum in anything other than a positive light is not getting gehind the team?  They don''t read it, and we are all entitled to our opinions. 

Behind the team at the ground, questioning the decisions made on the net - its really no different to what you hear in the pub before and after the games.

[quote user="Berks canary"]With the transfer window now closed , we have a new look squad albeit bereft in a few key areas . I have been a critic of Peter Grant mainly for his public criticism of players and his loaning out of Fleming at a key time . But we have what we have now and need to get on with it . We are clearly in for a relegation struggle and now is the time to draw a line , and get behind the team ,whoever takes the pitch over the next few months . With the fams behind the team and manager we may even just stay up ![/quote]

[/quote]

Myself, Cluck, Wiz, Charlies Dad, Ricky Knight, Mello, Phat Canary and one or two others that refuse to bury our heads in the sand no doubt???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Myself, Cluck, Wiz, Charlies Dad, Ricky Knight, Mello, Phat Canary and one or two others that refuse to bury our heads in the sand no doubt???

[/quote]

I took it to mean that we should all get behind the team on a match day. Obviously that wouldn''t include you Smudger.

I am inclined to agree a little with Berks Canary, partially because I am also a Berkshire Canary, but more importantly because now the dust has settled, there is nothing we or anyone can do. We must just hope that City stay up, we make some good loan signings and hope that PG can build a team in the summer. We can all pray for a new board, a rich Saudi or Russian, but realistically what we have now we will probably keep, for better or worse. If we survive the drop, and then we fail to rebuild the team in the summer, then I will be proactive in wholesale change. Until then, I am of the mind that we should see what happens. The Board might have shown little ambition, although the signings of Ashton and Earnshaw are certainly not indicative of this, but to be fair, at the moment who would want to come to us!

It isn''t burying your head if you realise that we have come out of this transfer window with the best we could attract / afford.

This is a defining month, I do not think that our activity in the window has been enough but we are told thats it. Like any tradesman PG has the tools for the job, some of them are "Snap-On" and some are "QD" but he has what he has, we will now see if he has the skill to use them.

I have my doubts but lets see.

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Erm, we''ve signed five players and let two go. Does that not give the squad a ''new look''?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought that all those named were the same person (prehaps not Wiz)

Do none of them go to games or are you the only idiot making all this noise without making the efort to see for yourself

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do none of them go to games or are you the only idiot making all this noise without making the efort to see for yourself

[/quote]

No 9 -Bly...........Perhaps you''re the only idiot for thinkin'' that ''WE'' are all the same person?

Now, just you get your ''faculties'' in order - and stop being so paranoid.

Incidentally, I''ll be makin'' the idiotic ''usual'' expensive effort tomorrow, to take my ''usual'' place in my most ''usual'' comfy plastic seat in the City Stand - that I have occupied for a good few years - and before that, the terracing in the Barclay. Will you be ''watching'' the game via FM or AM, on Radio Snorefolk tomorrow? Keep posting........I really enjoy to annoy!  

I thank you... I''m here all week...

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I am inclined to agree a little with Berks Canary, partially because I am also a Berkshire Canary, but more importantly because now the dust has settled, there is nothing we or anyone can do. We must just hope that City stay up, we make some good loan signings and hope that PG can build a team in the summer. We can all pray for a new board, a rich Saudi or Russian, but realistically what we have now we will probably keep, for better or worse. If we survive the drop, and then we fail to rebuild the team in the summer, then I will be proactive in wholesale change. Until then, I am of the mind that we should see what happens. The Board might have shown little ambition, although the signings of Ashton and Earnshaw are certainly not indicative of this, but to be fair, at the moment who would want to come to us![/quote]

as another Berkshire Canary I agree with all of that....the Smudger brigade jump up and down but offer no solution to the current malaise...we would all welcome a lifelong fan who happens to a billionaire, but for every one of these there are 1000 Giovanni di Stefanos. The board have many failings which we''re all aware of but until someone comes along who wants to buy them out they are what we have. Apart from loan signings the squad is pretty much what we have...no jumping up and down will change any of that in the next few months. But on match day we need to get behind the team as much as possible as that could be the difference this season between avoiding the drop or not. There are some positives...Fleming and Robinson big earning squad players at best moved on to free up wages...young lads loaned out at last after years of this not happening...the players arriving we will have to wait and see...but slagging them off before they''ve kicked a ball gets us nowhere...I''m sure I''ll be accused of having my ''head in the sand'' but unlike others I''m happy to put my money where my opinion is...

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh my....how the nursery floor littered with dummies?...............

No.9 Bly.....I thought it was you sheep who were all alike baaaaaah none? 

Your apology is accepted in advance by the way...........

No 9 - Bly, i am my own person and i can assure you i go week in week out as i''m a season ticket holder along with my kids, read my post about Saturdays game and take note!!! Cheers.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Oh yes I almost forgot ''idiot'' - i do go to games.[/quote]

well thatshows that u dont no what u r doing - if u cared how could you go to see that lot- u just making smith rich - stand up to make us grate again and hit them in the pocket cos thats all they know cos they dont cvare like fans cos its are club - so stand up and dont be fooled and we can be grate again if onlty fans wernt so foolish like you are but you are probably well meaning but easily lead so JUSTK ABOUT IT

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Oh yes I almost forgot ''idiot'' - i do go to games.[/quote]

well thatshows that u dont no what u r doing - if u cared how could you go to see that lot- u just making smith rich - stand up to make us grate again and hit them in the pocket cos thats all they know cos they dont cvare like fans cos its are club - so stand up and dont be fooled and we can be grate again if onlty fans wernt so foolish like you are but you are probably well meaning but easily lead so JUSTK ABOUT IT

[/quote] Go and boil your head.