Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

What game was Dennis Wise watching?

Dennis Wise in his post match comments has said that if Leeds continue to play like they did today then they will be OK this season!!

Personally, I think they were one of the poorest teams I have ever seen in 20 plus years of attending games at CR. Apart from the goal they only had a couple of other efforts on goal and I cannot recall them attacking at all after we went 2-1 up.

I know they have a lot of players out at the minute and unless they get them back asap they are in League 1 next year for sure. It is hard to believe that only a few years ago they were in the semi finals of the Champions League.

When Leeds appointed Dennis Wise, I didn''t think it would have a happy ending. Just because he did well at Swindon doesn''t make him the next Sir Alex. Bad appointment by the Leeds board and a decision that will ultimely get them relegated....

....but on the plus side, we won!

I think Mr Wise is a good mate of Master Bates so that probably helped him at the job interview. Personally I thought he would do much better at the Leeds helm, but it doesn''t seem to be working out too well just now. Never mind!

Apart from their goal I really can''t remember them having another decent effort on target. 

When we switched to 4-4-2 early in the second half Leeds weren''t in the game, and on another day Hucks could easily have had a hat-trick.

The Leeds players heads really dropped after our second goal and I think Wise is going to struggle to keep them in the division. 

Admittedly, Leeds were incredibly poor, but if City''s peformance in the second half is anything to go by we only need a couple more players to have really decent team.

Todays Torygraph also says we were pants! I thought we did ok, steady without being spectacular.

[quote user="blacko"]Todays Torygraph also says we were pants! I thought we did ok, steady without being spectacular.[/quote]

yes, but what do they know about football, read a proper sports paper, like............................... the sport?

[quote user="ncfc1"]One of the Sundays also said Norwich looked clueless for most of the match .[/quote]

Who gives a toss what some hack from Hackney thinks? 

As far as Leeds is concerned, I''m not particularly proud of this but I can''t help remembering when we got relegated at Elland Road in 1995 and 20,000 Leeds fans sang "Well hello Norwich, hello Norwich, so good to have you back where you belong . . .".  What goes around comes around.  Eventually.

you should see what the offical leeds website said!!!

im sure that all the papers got there writeups from the local leeds rag!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

When Leeds appointed Dennis Wise, I didn''t think it would have a happy ending. Just because he did well at Swindon doesn''t make him the next Sir Alex. Bad appointment by the Leeds board and a decision that will ultimely get them relegated....

[/quote]

Did''nt he also take Millwall to an FA cup final and europe no mean feat i would suggest.

As a Leeds fan I couldn''t agree more.

I bought the News of the World yesterday morning and couldn''t believ what he had said.

We were absoutely shocking, and you''re right, we did only have ONE effort on target, and that was the goal.

The only thing I took away from Carrow Road was that now I know for sure why we''re bottom of the league.

Good display from most of your lads, although if you''d have been playing a better team they would have taken advantage of your wayward passes when we didn''t.

Oh well, play you in a few years time

ricky knight wrote the following post at 05/02/2007 1:36 PM:

Tom NCFC wrote:

"Did''nt he also take Millwall to an FA cup final and europe no mean feat i would suggest."

So, Ricky, are you saying that we did well on Saturday to beat a team managed by the great Dennis Wise? [;)]

I heard a couple of Leeds fans talking as I left the match and one was saying to the other that he was struggling to find any positives from the game and that Leeds were very lucky that they hadn''t lost by more!