Sign in to follow this  
nottingham nick

Leeds fans

Great result today, but why were there so many Leeds fans amongst us Norwich fans in Jarrold stand. I was sitting 2 seats away from the cloth divider between the fans. There were two sitting almost directly behind me. One sat there in his Leeds top all game. There were two more a couple of rows in front.

At one point the two behind me started swearing at Norwich fan on my left.

So although they didn''t cause any trouble I still found it a bit off-putting.

They did retreat quite quickly before the end when they realised that they wouldn''t get any points from the game.

Nick

get over it, we won, they didn''t, there was no trouble, so what if there were leeds fans next to you, there have been many occasions over the last few years when there have been norwich fans sitting in the home section of away grounds, fulham, watford etc etc.

just as long as they dont take the proverbial and cause any grief to the home support nearby there really should not be a problem unless some narrow minded person take offence from the fact that other people may support other clubs.

pointless post....

and i have just realised that i have responded to a pointless post,

pointless...  

I sit in the Norwich Union corner top teir and there were Leeds fans in there all wearing their shirts etc. It did cause a bit of bad feeling especialluy when they all jumped up and cheered when they scored. Still alls well that ends well, we won, but I think it would have been different had we lost. There were a number of unhappy people that they were in our bit and I think tension would have been worse had thet won. It does spoil the atmosphere, why are they allowed in these parts of the stadium?

I had to travel to Ely after them match with a load of Leeds supporters on the train and their behaviours was fairly appauling.

They seemed to deterimined to drink Norfolk dry and some supporters were clearly drunk.  They were abusive to other passenegers on the train and interspersed the journey with homphobic chanting. At one point they were passing a spliff around the carriage.  Any single woman travelling on their own was also subjected to unwanted attention, which lead to several enlightened Leeds supporters calling one woman a lesbian.

I certainly wont be in a hurry to got to Elland Road next season.

It will be a small minority who do things like that, and it''s just a bunch of pissed up lads you''d find on any train drunk.  I would imagine if any Leeds fans read this, they would be ashamed, as we would if we heard reports of larey canaries doing the same!

Basically our stewards are incapable of doing their job, despite notices saying visiting fans will be ejected nothing is ever done, i had trouble with 2 bozo`s from Watford last season but our stewards failed to do anything till trouble started then blamed the innocent parties!!!     

Had two Leeds fans near me, nothing worse than when the away team score and they are jumping around right next to you!! I accidently caught one of them in the back with my elbow and I am getting so forgetful because I forgot to say sorry. At least Huckerby made it a great day out but if we had lost I think having away supporters gloating in the home section is a bad mix!

"I certainly wont be in a hurry to got to Elland Road next season."

-I don''t think any of us need be too bothered about having to go there next season!!

I had Leeds fans sitting next to me last season in the Barclay and they didn''t get moved despite making no effort to blend in. Went to Elland Road last season and used to have family up there too and the place is a dump, their fans reflect this quite well I think. But who cares, they''re going down, down, down!

On a more positive note -

We met three Leeds fans last night in the Prince of India after the game.  They were good lads, down to earth and while not happy about the result were sporting in defeat (as I like to think we were in victory).  We took them for a beer in our local and all was well - even taught them how to play Bar Billiards.

Thing was, they travelled up on Friday from Exeter.  On Friday night they had been to one of the lads'' sister''s 40th birthday in Scarborough, then drove to Norwich on the morning of the game.  Back to Exeter this afternoon.  About 1000 miles all round, and at least £100 each.

Now that''s football support for you.  As someone who goes to maybe 10 games a season, I felt quite ashamed...

I think it is a great testament to our tolerance, not our weakness that the occasional away fan can sit in our designated areas without getting a filling in or abused...if they want to be drowned out and look pretty insignificant among the yellow and green...let them...so long as it doesn''t deprive our own support from filling the ground

Whatever you think of them (mindless few idiots excepting of course) considering they ase going down that was one hell of an away turn out. Best at CR this season?

I must agree that it was probably the best away following down here,especially considering their current plight,but i think the reason that there were so many Leeds fans around our ground was due to our own buyback system and the fact that you don`t need a current Leeds membership card to buy tickets in with the home fans!!!!!!!!

It seems their fans are still paying for previous misdemeanors!!!

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

I had to travel to Ely after them match with a load of Leeds supporters on the train and their behaviours was fairly appauling.

They seemed to deterimined to drink Norfolk dry and some supporters were clearly drunk.  They were abusive to other passenegers on the train and interspersed the journey with homphobic chanting. At one point they were passing a spliff around the carriage.  Any single woman travelling on their own was also subjected to unwanted attention, which lead to several enlightened Leeds supporters calling one woman a lesbian.

I certainly wont be in a hurry to got to Elland Road next season.

[/quote]

Sherlock......... Am I right in guessing you were on the 17.57 ? Why not get the next train an hour later ? I know several City fans who travel on this line and by all accounts the earlier train is often full of away supporters and is anyway always heaving with people who aren''t football fans but merely returning from a day out in Norwich.

Clearly your journey was an uncomfortable experience, in part no doubt being Central Trains baffling habit of only running two coach trains on this service, but I can vouch for that fact that the later train is a better bet. I''ve travelled on this line before and on Saturday caught the later service. The train was half empty so had plenty of seats available, and the two Leeds fans we chatted two were quite sensible lads, despite the fact that one, already the '' worse for wear '' managed to consume a quarter bottle of Jack Daniels along the way..........

I think you won''t need to worry about a trip to Elland Road next season........... unless we''re in Division 1 we''ll only be going there in a Cup competition.

[quote user="queen be"]I sit in the Norwich Union corner top teir and there were Leeds fans in there all wearing their shirts etc. It did cause a bit of bad feeling especialluy when they all jumped up and cheered when they scored. Still alls well that ends well, we won, but I think it would have been different had we lost. There were a number of unhappy people that they were in our bit and I think tension would have been worse had thet won. It does spoil the atmosphere, why are they allowed in these parts of the stadium?
[/quote]

Two Leeds fans sitting behind me in this stand jumped up and started shouting their mouths off when they scored - I told them to shut up, sit down and show a bit of respect and they thankfully did.  Shame the stewards just sit there watching.

Yeah, I got the 17:57.  I live about 17 miles west of Reading so hanging around in Norwich would have made my journey home much longer, otherwise, I would have been tempted to get a later train.

I guess every club has fans that get a bit carried away, but, my main concern is that there were police on the train but they seemed to spend most of the journey hiding in the drivers cab.

It is a sad day when fans can not mingle together, when a visiting teams fan can not sit next to our fans. Yes if the fans are drunk, use abusive language or are racist they should be ejected but that should be the case whether they are our fans or visiting fans. If your team scores of course you cheer what is wrong with this, football is a game and if you can not cheer when your team score what is the world coming to.!  Get over it guys, really who cares?  Football fans should be more like cricket or rugby fans happy to stand or sit side by side cheering their respective teams.  I think its a reflection on todays society of intolerence and violence.  I understand it can be frusrtating when you are willing and wanting your team to win and there is an opposition fan cheering next to you, but honestly there are far more important things to worry yourselves over, and as far as showing respect, why should they show respect, to people they do not know, respect is earnt and while I do not expect peolpe to be rude, cheering your team does not come into this catogary.   All you who point the finger, how many times have you not been able to get away tickets and ended up with the home crowd?  This has happened to me a lot including big grounds like Old Trafford with no incident and I do indded chher if we score. 

Love your team, support your team, cheer your team, but expect that others can do the same and be mature enough to understand what harm it will do if that person is sitting next to you

OTBC

St.John