Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Not broke?

[quote user="andrew young"]

"Club Meejah is wot u iz. I recognise the style."

Wrong again. You could make a career out of it. Electronics & antiques all the way.

[/quote]

Would that be ''antique electronics'' or ''electronic antiques? Y''know, 3 pin plugs, Spectrum 48k pooters, stylophones, tacky Fidelity moosic centres, marshall valve amps, 6 volt MG batteries and 3 ring electric cookers, which you flog at Snetterton Market? Or, do you just watch Antiques Roadshow and Goin'' for a Song on your 2" Casio hand held TV - and just pretend you''re an expert?........

I apologise Mr "His Master''s Voice" I wouldn''t think for one minute, that you''d be in sub-servient employment.

I also have a car-eer, and a car there, in fact, I have cars here and everywhere.[8-|]

PS, I still think you''re a club employee. ;~)                  

one game against leeds - who r useless and bottem and have most of there players injured!!! they are leage 1 or 2 standard which is about lappins level and he can look ok in this - but ssloww

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"]

Wrong again. You could make a career out of it. Electronics & antiques all the way.

[/quote]

Would that be ''antique electronics'' or ''electronic antiques? Y''know, 3 pin plugs, Spectrum 48k pooters, stylophones, tacky Fidelity moosic centres, marshall valve amps, 6 volt MG batteries and 3 ring electric cookers, which you flog at Snetterton Market? Or, do you just watch Antiques Roadshow and Goin'' for a Song on your 2" Casio hand held TV - and just pretend you''re an expert?........

I apologise Mr "His Master''s Voice" I wouldn''t think for one minute, that you''d be in sub-servient employment.

I also have a car-eer, and a car there, in fact, I have cars here and everywhere.[8-|]

[/quote]

Do keep up. Electronics (R.F., PMR, mesh broadband, single board computers etc.) AND antiques (mostly C18th/19th.mahogany & period oak - when I can get it)  Plus you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between electronic engineering & electrical engineering. I don''t pretend to be an expert on anything, certainly not the economics of running a football club, although I suspect your expertise may be even less than mine.

P. S. Soree ... Still wrong ...

[quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do keep up. Electronics (R.F., PMR, mesh broadband, single board computers etc.) AND antiques (mostly C18th/19th.mahogany & period oak - when I can get it)  Plus you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between electronic engineering & electrical engineering. I don''t pretend to be an expert on anything, certainly not the economics of running a football club, although I suspect your expertise may be even less than mine.

[/quote]

Carry on not pretending to be an expert on anything, apart from your  ''supposed'' ability to ''identify'' the morally and intellectual bankrupt bozo''s on this forum. I''m pleased that you''ve explained to me and other contributor''s to this forum, what a clever (but amateur) ''Torchy the battery boy and Arthur Negus you are'' and also, that we should be grateful for your insinuations regarding our sub-standard IQ''s and moral standings within society.  Now, off you go and solder some wires - and check your oak and mahogany for dutch elm disease and woodworm. 

PS Are you MadDan then?     

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Then, what are we, please?

Saving our money for a rainy day?

OTBC

[/quote]

Spending our money on players that deliver value for money (Lappin, hopefully) rather than wasting it on panic buys for crap players (Hughes). I''d rather not spend money at all, than waste money on players that don''t improve the squad.

[/quote]

so lappin is''nt a panic buy? 75000 dont pay the wages from mon till wensday - spent a couple of days wages to give the impression were doing something and u all fall for it - wake up pleeeeese

[/quote]

No - Lappin was a primary target of Grants and has been a target for a long time - he was secured at the last minute, but the decision to buy him was always positive - we''ve been after him since Grant arrived. Hughes was an example of "bugger - we can''t get anyone good, but we need somebody in for fear of fielding schoolboys..." and hence we ended up paying a large amount of money for a total pile of rubbish.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Carry on not pretending to be an expert on anything, apart from your  ''supposed'' ability to ''identify'' the morally and intellectual bankrupt bozo''s on this forum. I''m pleased that you''ve explained to me and other contributor''s to this forum, what a clever (but amateur) ''Torchy the battery boy and Arthur Negus you are'' and also, that we should be grateful for your insinuations regarding our sub-standard IQ''s and moral standings within society.  Now, off you go and solder some wires - and check your oak and mahogany for dutch elm disease and woodworm. 

PS Are you MadDan then?     

[/quote]

Hmm. Let''s see. I think I can maintain the position described in the first statement. You don''t need to be any kind of expert to identify the individuals in the second statement. No apostrophe in "contributors" or "IQs". I''m happy that you''re pleased.  No, I''m not clever; I soon found out there are many people far cleverer than me. I have no idea of your IQ (mine''s nothing to write home about) or your moral standing in society. Modern electronic components are nearly all surface mount, so no wires - you''re thinking electrical again. Strangely enough, Dutch elm disease doesn''t affect oak or mahogany, woodworm aren''t that keen either - they love elm, though, one reason why there''s so little period elm furniture about. Arthur Negus! Christ, you must be nearly as old as me!!

2/10. Must try harder.

Forgot to mention, I was a teacher for a while.

P.S. Still wrong ...

[quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS Are you MadDan then?     

[/quote]

Hmm. Let''s see. I think I can maintain the position described in the first statement. You don''t need to be any kind of expert to identify the individuals in the second statement. No apostrophe in "contributors" or "IQs". I''m happy that you''re pleased.  No, I''m not clever; I soon found out there are many people far cleverer than me. I have no idea of your IQ (mine''s nothing to write home about) or your moral standing in society. Modern electronic components are nearly all surface mount, so no wires - you''re thinking electrical again. Strangely enough, Dutch elm disease doesn''t affect oak or mahogany, woodworm aren''t that keen either - they love elm, though, one reason why there''s so little period elm furniture about. Arthur Negus! Christ, you must be nearly as old as me!!

2/10. Must try harder.

Forgot to mention, I was a teacher for a while.

P.S. Still wrong ...

[/quote]

I''m humbled and rumbled.......Thumped by your thesaurus, punched by your punctuation prowess, then downed by your dictionary.I''ll carry on playin'' my mouth organ outside the Guildhall, while you continue blowin'' your ''masseeeve'' trumpet. Hopefully, when you''ve finished massaging your gargantuan ego, you can put the rest of your impressive CV on here - and give us thicko''s somethin'' to aspire to?  

"Spare a copper for a cuppa sir?"

Now go on, you know you want to get the last word in.......It''s been falstaffian fun......''Teach!''

PS......Nah. 

I bloody hate street beggars, Mello. The worst ones live in underpasses.

One of my fantasies if for one of these orks to ask me in the usual clever way ''Got any shrapnel mate'' and say ''Yea, pulling the pin and throwing him a live hand grenade.''

Big Issue sellers get on my thrippeny bits too. ''Big Issue?'' ''You''re not that small yourself, bozo!'' ''Get a proper job!''

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Spending our money on players that deliver value for money (Lappin, hopefully) rather than wasting it on panic buys for crap players (Hughes). I''d rather not spend money at all, than waste money on players that don''t improve the squad.

[/quote]

so lappin is''nt a panic buy? 75000 dont pay the wages from mon till wensday - spent a couple of days wages to give the impression were doing something and u all fall for it - wake up pleeeeese

[/quote]

No - Lappin was a primary target of Grants and has been a target for a long time - he was secured at the last minute, but the decision to buy him was always positive - we''ve been after him since Grant arrived. Hughes was an example of "bugger - we can''t get anyone good, but we need somebody in for fear of fielding schoolboys..." and hence we ended up paying a large amount of money for a total pile of rubbish.

[/quote]It may be an urban myth and if so, someone will correct me, but, Hughes was a long term target of Worthy''s and his number one priority in the summer of 2005 along with Primus.  Not sure whethetr that is scarier than him being a panic buy or not????????

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

One of my fantasies if for one of these orks to ask me in the usual clever way ''Got any shrapnel mate'' and say ''Yea, pulling the pin and throwing him a live hand grenade.''

Big Issue sellers get on my thrippeny bits too. ''Big Issue?'' ''You''re not that small yourself, bozo!'' ''Get a proper job!''

[/quote]

Alot of these "beggars" as you call them are ex-armed forces personnel dumped on the streets with a head full of trauma no hope for the future......Try talking to them as human beings instead of thumbing your nose...."There but for the grace of God go I" and all that.........

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m humbled and rumbled.......Thumped by your thesaurus, punched by your punctuation prowess, then downed by your dictionary.I''ll carry on playin'' my mouth organ outside the Guildhall, while you continue blowin'' your ''masseeeve'' trumpet. Hopefully, when you''ve finished massaging your gargantuan ego, you can put the rest of your impressive CV on here - and give us thicko''s somethin'' to aspire to?  

Now go on, you know you want to get the last word in.......It''s been falstaffian fun......''Teach!''

PS......Nah. 

[/quote]

Must say I rather like your propensity to poetical persiflage & fanciful verbal felicities. Shame to hear you''ve been reduced to such sad financial circumstances.

And if you think my ego''s big, you should see the size of my willy ...

Anyway, I''m going in now, ''cos Mum says it''s time for my tea.

P.S. Words are a weapon ... And they can be pretty blunt sometimes

P.P.S. You''re it.

Cluck wrote

Alot of these "beggars" as you call them are ex-armed forces personnel dumped on the streets with a head full of trauma no hope for the future......Try talking to them as human beings instead of thumbing your nose...."There but for the grace of God go I" and all that.........

And your point is.........?

Thought I''d just add a comment, because there are rather a few pseudo accountants who seem to think they know more than everyone else, and they are beginning to get on my tits!  As an accountant, IMO the club was neither broke nor close to bankruptcy at the time of its last accounts - and the Club, its Accountants and Auditors would be breaking the law if they posted false accounts.  That is really the only fact that we know about the club''s finances, the rest spouted on here is purely supposition.

I do think people should be more careful when presenting something as a fact, as there are some who like to think facts are whatever they want them to be at any given point in time. A resonable definition of Fact = truth or reality of something: the truth or actual existence of something, as opposed to the supposition of something or a belief about something.

Things can change, of course, the club could well be in financial troubles in the future (particularly if we continue to play crap and people refuse to renew season tickets etc), but we aren''t there at the moment. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Thought I''d just add a comment, because there are rather a few pseudo accountants who seem to think they know more than everyone else, and they are beginning to get on my tits!  As an accountant, IMO the club was neither broke nor close to bankruptcy at the time of its last accounts - and the Club, its Accountants and Auditors would be breaking the law if they posted false accounts.  That is really the only fact that we know about the club''s finances, the rest spouted on here is purely supposition.

I do think people should be more careful when presenting something as a fact, as there are some who like to think facts are whatever they want them to be at any given point in time. A resonable definition of Fact = truth or reality of something: the truth or actual existence of something, as opposed to the supposition of something or a belief about something.

Things can change, of course, the club could well be in financial troubles in the future (particularly if we continue to play crap and people refuse to renew season tickets etc), but we aren''t there at the moment. 

[/quote]

were about 20 million in debt and you reckon were not broke - do you get much work as an accountant?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Cluck wrote

And your point is.........?[/quote]

My point is........daft remarks about Delia Smith on here cause riots.....Daft remarks about things in real life that really do matter....don''t. Explains alot about this "virtual" reality we''re struggling to deal with on here.........[N]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Cluck wrote

And your point is.........?[/quote]

My point is........daft remarks about Delia Smith on here cause riots.....Daft remarks about things in real life that really do matter....don''t. Explains alot about this "virtual" reality we''re struggling to deal with on here.........[N]

[/quote]

I know exactly where you are coming from on this one Cluck.. Unfortunately the people who are reallly down are their luck however are the quiet ones who lay in the damp door ways like their life is slipping away from them...

You can tell an awful lot from a person that has hit such low points... unfortunately the way society is it makes things extremeley difficult for people to rebuild a life for themselves when everything has falen apart... yet so easy for people that could not imagine such hardship in their worst nightmares to twist the knife.

Whoever it is.. you never know what you just may learn from somebody if you have the time to give them the time of day.

[quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

PS......Nah. 

[/quote]

Must say I rather like your propensity to poetical persiflage & fanciful verbal felicities. Shame to hear you''ve been reduced to such sad financial circumstances.

P.P.S. You''re it.

[/quote]

PS.......off. And when you get there.......PS off, some more. And, as for the size of your willy? It''s a total ''phallusy'' (warts and all)........and, is probably perched precariously on your head. Now, go and find a broom cupboard - and go and give it a jolly good old slap - whilst you flick excitedly (eyes rollin'') through the pages of antiques and electronics weekly. But don''t you let your mummy catch you.

Did your pupils call you ''Smuggy''?

P.P.S. No I''m not.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely agree Cluck (may I still call you that?).

I was kind of hoping RH was joking, but as it appears he was not I sincerely hope he finds himself sitting on the floor on an underpass one day so I can make witty jokes about hand grenades when he asks me for some cash for a cup of tea.

Just one question though. Do you feel equally sorry for all the people who are down on their luck and reduced to begging in the street or is it just the ex-armed forces personnel?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]It may be an urban myth and if so, someone will correct me, but, Hughes was a long term target of Worthy''s and his number one priority in the summer of 2005 along with Primus.  Not sure whethetr that is scarier than him being a panic buy or not????????[/quote]

Quite.

The bottom line is - I''d rather we bought no-one than waste (large amounts of) money on liabilities.

For the same money as Hughes we''ve got Fozzy, Lappin, Dion and Chadwick and still got change...

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was kind of hoping RH was joking, but as it appears he was not I sincerely hope he finds himself sitting on the floor on an underpass one day so I can make witty jokes about hand grenades when he asks me for some cash for a cup of tea.

Just one question though. Do you feel equally sorry for all the people who are down on their luck and reduced to begging in the street or is it just the ex-armed forces personnel?

[/quote]

Hey up Shack...unusual not to get an instant slap on here for once!...........[;)]

It''s everybody in that position I feel for. Most kids don''t deliberately get hooked on drugs....many of the alcoholics etc. are the product of child abuse or broken family situations....and whereas there were once safe places to protect the mentally ill from harm...now they are left to fend for themselves. The "Big Issue" helps people get back on their feet....whoever they are. As Smudger says though....there are the posh kids playing a flute to make a few quid.....and there are the real hardship cases. The posh kid usually gets the "sympathy" though!

I know it''s got sod all to do with football....but it does matter. I don''t buy the "Big Issue". Instead I give the lad in my town a hot pasty once a week to make sure he eats that day....No big deal....and it also gives him an extra copy to sell later. As for ex-military....they have often fought overseas to keep me and my kids safe....so I guess I find it even more disturbing knowing that........

Oh....and by the way Shack.....The "new" user-name is just morse code for Cluck. Thought it might make it more "exciting" for any new arrivals to come back at me if they had to try to type that..........[:)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

PS......Nah. 

[/quote]

P.P.S. You''re it.

[/quote]

PS.......off. And when you get there.......PS off, some more. And, as for the size of your willy? It''s a total ''phallusy'' (warts and all)........and, is probably perched precariously on your head. Now, go and find a broom cupboard - and go and give it a jolly good old slap - whilst you flick excitedly (eyes rollin'') through the pages of antiques and electronics weekly. But don''t you let your mummy catch you.

Did your pupils call you ''Smuggy''?

P.P.S. No I''m not.

[/quote]

Sorry, I thought you wanted me to have the last word. It''s always nice to have a hate figure, to transfer all your unhappiness & inadequancy onto. Glad to be of service.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Oh....and by the way Shack.....The "new" user-name is just morse code for Cluck. Thought it might make it more "exciting" for any new arrivals to come back at me if they had to try to type that..........[:)]

[/quote]

oh thats what you have done is it?  Nice one Cluck!!!  [Y]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey up Shack...unusual not to get an instant slap on here for once!...........[;)]

It''s everybody in that position I feel for. Most kids don''t deliberately get hooked on drugs....many of the alcoholics etc. are the product of child abuse or broken family situations....and whereas there were once safe places to protect the mentally ill from harm...now they are left to fend for themselves. The "Big Issue" helps people get back on their feet....whoever they are. As Smudger says though....there are the posh kids playing a flute to make a few quid.....and there are the real hardship cases. The posh kid usually gets the "sympathy" though!

I know it''s got sod all to do with football....but it does matter. I don''t buy the "Big Issue". Instead I give the lad in my town a hot pasty once a week to make sure he eats that day....No big deal....and it also gives him an extra copy to sell later. As for ex-military....they have often fought overseas to keep me and my kids safe....so I guess I find it even more disturbing knowing that........

[/quote]

I''m agreeing with you twice in a day, this must be some sort of record!

It''s amazing how many people will walk past a homeless person and mutter about them being scroungers but then their heart will suddenly melt at the sight of some ruddy faced posh kid playing the clarinet!

I know a Big Issue seller reasonably well and he always says that what annoys him most is people who automatically shout at him to "get a proper job" without knowing his circumstances. To him it''s a very important job and one that helps him to get back some respect.

Anyway nice to see we can agree on some things......now that Delia, she''s bloody lovely aint she!!