Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Not broke?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Then, what are we, please?

Saving our money for a rainy day?

OTBC

[/quote]

Spending our money on players that deliver value for money (Lappin, hopefully) rather than wasting it on panic buys for crap players (Hughes). I''d rather not spend money at all, than waste money on players that don''t improve the squad.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Spending our money on players that deliver value for money (Lappin, hopefully) rather than wasting it on panic buys for crap players (Hughes). I''d rather not spend money at all, than waste money on players that don''t improve the squad.

[/quote]

So.

We can''t afford any good players or there are no players good enough for Norwich City available.         I wonder which it is?

Poor little Norwich.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

By maintaining prudent outlay on the pitch and then concentrating expenditure on infrastructure....selling the club would then provide maximum return for DS and Co. with less depreciation in terms of low stock value (ie. players).........

Broke they are not.....mugs we certainly are..............[N]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]probably the prudent thing to do is not overspend in case we get relegated!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

so lappin is''nt a panic buy? 75000 dont pay the wages from mon till wensday - spent a couple of days wages to give the impression were doing something and u all fall for it - wake up pleeeeese

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

probably the prudent thing to do is not overspend in case we get relegated!
[/quote]

The prudent thing to do was to spend ambitiously when we had the money available, thus reducing fear that relegation would become a major immediate issue....and I''m talking about Premiership relegation here.....never mind where the hell we are now!.......

Lappin £75,000 and man of the match on his debut, says it all really.I think you''ll be eating some humble pie right now...

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

He won''t be UEA but he certainly should. Lappin was excellent today! 

[/quote]

Christ on a bike, it''s one game.

David Healy had a superb debut for us and tore the opposition to shreds, yet by the end of his loan spell he was apparently useless.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The prudent thing to do was to spend ambitiously when we had the money available, thus reducing fear that relegation would become a major immediate issue....and I''m talking about Premiership relegation here.....never mind where the hell we are now!.......

[/quote]

Sorry - don''t follow what you''re on about here at all. We did spend ambitiously: fella by the name of Dean Ashton, you might''ve heard of him. The squad we had should have been good enough to keep us up: that it wasn''t was down to the players and manager having nowhere near a tough or positive enough attitude. And as for this ''lack of ambition'' nonsense generally: the club only started progressing under Worthington because of dosh spent thanks to the (presumed) ITV Digital windfall which put us in a huge hole. And the year we went up, we were spending almost 80% of our turnover on wages: if we hadn''t made it, we''d have been absolutely shafted. Now we''re back to square one again: the club can only spend what it has, and it''s about building slowly and focusing on young players. That''s reality for any club which doesn''t have a sugardaddy: deal with it.

[quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

Unlike some on here, who are morally & intellectually bankrupt.

[/quote]

Andrew, long time no see.

I thought you''d disappeared up your own orifice during the great religion debate back in the autumn . . . 

Judging by the above, I was right . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

Andrew, long time no see.

I thought you''d disappeared up your own orifice during the great religion debate back in the autumn . . . 

Judging by the above, I was right . . .

[/quote]

Are you one of those who complain about personal insults? I hope not. Such rapier-like thrusts do nothing to convince me that you''re not talking out of your own orifice.

"Christ on a bike, it''s one game.

David Healy had a superb debut for us and tore the opposition to shreds, yet by the end of his loan spell he was apparently useless."

I know its only one game, I am merely pointing out that he had a good game and that people on here who have been tearing all our new signings to bits before they''ve even played for us should have a look at themselves and consider what they are hoping to achieve by such prejudice. Simple as that!  

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry - don''t follow what you''re on about here at all. We did spend ambitiously: fella by the name of Dean Ashton, you might''ve heard of him.

[/quote]

Had we signed him half a season earlier or held onto him a couple of years longer I would have had to agree with you. Buying a hundred quids worth of lucky dips in the Lottery then walking back into the shop 5 minutes later and cashing them all back in during the cooling off period doesn''t mean you''ve spent a hundred quid on the lottery does it? Do the same with a thousand pounds or a million pounds and you''ll still not win a cent because when those balls start to roll and the tension starts to mount, ultimately you''ve bottled it!!

Prudent yes. Ambitious no!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Lappin £75,000 and man of the match on his debut, says it all really.

I think you''ll be eating some humble pie right now...
[/quote]

UEA (& MacD''s Perm). Intellectual deficiency strikes, I''m afraid. Not on point.

Of course I''m glad that Lappin did well. Also, I hope that Grant''s other signings prosper....and that we can win 10 of our last 16 games and so reach the playoffs.

But we''re broke. Period. And forced into taking low price options with a lesser chance of success. That''s the point.

OTBC

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

Which Andrew Young are you, then?

Fact. We are broke. Period. Financially strapped. Fact. Almost bankrupt. Fact.

Pray, what are the moral and intellectual considerations raised here of a bankrupt nature?

What may be of interest to probe are (a) the intellectual frame work supporting the financial strategies of the NCFC board, and (b) the moral underpinning of the decisions taken in pursuit of this strategy - over the last two years, or so, let''s say.

I''m sure we all wish the best for the new signings and hope that we can reach the playoffs by winning 10 of our remaining games etc. However, being broke significantly reduces the chance of these desirable outcomes. And there is no point into going into denial over the matter.

One love.

OTBC 

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

My, My, My! Wot a clever pseudo-intellectual wot u is.

How do you know we are fine? Inside info? Unlimited access to the finances?

You do make me larf. HAH!

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry - don''t follow what you''re on about here at all. We did spend ambitiously: fella by the name of Dean Ashton, you might''ve heard of him. The squad we had should have been good enough to keep us up: that it wasn''t was down to the players and manager having nowhere near a tough or positive enough attitude. And as for this ''lack of ambition'' nonsense generally: the club only started progressing under Worthington because of dosh spent thanks to the (presumed) ITV Digital windfall which put us in a huge hole. And the year we went up, we were spending almost 80% of our turnover on wages: if we hadn''t made it, we''d have been absolutely shafted. Now we''re back to square one again: the club can only spend what it has, and it''s about building slowly and focusing on young players. That''s reality for any club which doesn''t have a sugardaddy: deal with it.

[/quote]

Delia with it.

[/quote]Funny that the accounts seem to disagree with you there.  I understand that although we have a lot of debt and a relatively high wage bill, the costs are manageable and all debts have been structured according to plan.  No repayments have been missed and we still own land and have a share in a new hotel business, which can only make money.  The land, the ground, the players, the whole infrastructure.  All of these are assets.  Until the club can no longer afford to pay its loans and is forced to sell off these assets (as the buying of Earnshaw showed we had no need to do), we are financially stable.  Don''t confuse the board''s unwillingness to spend a million on another Hughes/Etuhu/Robinson combination with a lack of funds.  I would imagine the board''s strategy is to spend enough to keep us up, then make some larger investments in the Summer, when more players will be more available.This is not me "being a sheep" or "burying my head in the sand".  This is me making use of the knowledge and facts available to me, and coming up with a suitable prediction of future events based on that criteria and my own personal feelings.  This is known, in the real world, as an "opinion".  Just as yours is, Bly.Neither theory or supposition is FACT until proven otherwise...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

Pray, what are the moral and intellectual considerations raised here of a bankrupt nature?

What may be of interest to probe are (a) the intellectual frame work supporting the financial strategies of the NCFC board, and (b) the moral underpinning of the decisions taken in pursuit of this strategy - over the last two years, or so, let''s say.

I''m sure we all wish the best for the new signings and hope that we can reach the playoffs by winning 10 of our remaining games etc. However, being broke significantly reduces the chance of these desirable outcomes. And there is no point into going into denial over the matter.

One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Is it a Fact we are broke?

We maybe in debt, but which Championship club is not. However until we are declared bankraupt and closed down, then surely we are not broke?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Morally bankrupt because they are prepared to spout any lies they care to make uip to support their fanatical hatred of the present management. This seems to be due to a total identification with NCFC, which, not being as successful as they wish it to be, makes them feel personally humiliated. This makes every reverse suffered by the club part of a conspiracy personally directed against  themselves.

I think some of them may be in need of medical help. Seriously.

Intellectually bankrupt because they cannot frame any rational arguments for their continued insistence that the board are embezelling money into their own pockets. They seem incapable of understanding how a business works in the real world - then again reality is a concept with which they seem to have no more than a passing acquaintance.

It''s a question of  judgement as to how much debt you can safely manage. If you are saying NCFC is broke, then so is virtually every club in the country, everyone with a mortgage, & most countries.

Hope that helps.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gor blimey guv, u''ve got me bang to rights! There was I, ''oldin fourth on the subjict of five dimenshonal sudo-surfices in six dimenshonal Tau-space (subsekwent to a lively chat abaht the Lagrange mefod of undetermind multi-plyers) wiv me mates dahn the pub, like yer do, when my mate chalky says "oi!! Naah! That''s nuffik but a load of pseudo-hinterlektewal bollox!! an'' I fought  " stone me, he''s right!"  Sorta brung me up a bit short, it did. Made me re-evaluate the fundymentle premise o'' me filosoficle  posishun. Sorry guv''nor, won''t happen again.

I have as much access to the club finances as you do. I just come to different conclusions.

You don''t make me laugh. Not even a bit.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]
Funny that the accounts seem to disagree with you there.  I understand that although we have a lot of debt and a relatively high wage bill, the costs are manageable and all debts have been structured according to plan.  No repayments have been missed and we still own land and have a share in a new hotel business, which can only make money.  The land, the ground, the players, the whole infrastructure.  All of these are assets. 
Until the club can no longer afford to pay its loans and is forced to sell off these assets (as the buying of Earnshaw showed we had no need to do), we are financially stable.  Don''t confuse the board''s unwillingness to spend a million on another Hughes/Etuhu/Robinson combination with a lack of funds.  I would imagine the board''s strategy is to spend enough to keep us up, then make some larger investments in the Summer, when more players will be more available.

This is not me "being a sheep" or "burying my head in the sand".  This is me making use of the knowledge and facts available to me, and coming up with a suitable prediction of future events based on that criteria and my own personal feelings.  This is known, in the real world, as an "opinion".  Just as yours is, Bly.
Neither theory or supposition is FACT until proven otherwise...
[/quote]

Bankrupt is bankrupt. Broke is broke. Two different things.

Broke is when you live in a mortgaged 200,000 pound house, but lose your job. You can cobble together enough to pay the monthly mortgage for a while and live, but you are skint by the 18th of each month- and subsist until the start of the next. The car gets older, the roof starts to leak and the central heating needs changing. City are broke. Fact. Otherwise we wouldn''t gamble on staving off a real threat of relegation by spending only 75,000 pounds. [it may work out, and I hope it will - but it''s an extremely dangerous and irresponsible strategy if in fact the mirage of substantial funds you talk of is in fact available]. Let''s face it. We are broke . Fact           

Next year without a parachute payment and in Div 1/Div 2 we shall be bankrupt if we don''t ''sell the house'' (Earnie); ''trade in the car, cut out the booze & season tickets'' (get a few more high earners off the books); and ''lower our lifestyle'' (get in some less qualified, low income workers). Income at the gate will probably decline as the customer count drops from 25,000 to 15 - 20,000, and sponsorship, TV, catering and advertising income streams also fall, thus making it difficult to service our debt.                Let''s face it We are nearly bankrupt. Fact.

Unless we surge, make the playoffs & win through to the Prem in Cardiff. In that case we shall suddenly be rich and far from bankruptcy. And the romantic in me still hopes that this can happen this season.

OTBC

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Budget of relegation? WE did the same in the Prem and got what we budgeted for!!

FOOTBALL must come first

[quote user="andrew young"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gor blimey guv, u''ve got me bang to rights! There was I, ''oldin fourth on the subjict of five dimenshonal sudo-surfices in six dimenshonal Tau-space (subsekwent to a lively chat abaht the Lagrange mefod of undetermind multi-plyers) wiv me mates dahn the pub, like yer do, when my mate chalky says "oi!! Naah! That''s nuffik but a load of pseudo-hinterlektewal bollox!! an'' I fought  " stone me, he''s right!"  Sorta brung me up a bit short, it did. Made me re-evaluate the fundymentle premise o'' me filosoficle  posishun. Sorry guv''nor, won''t happen again.

I have as much access to the club finances as you do. I just come to different conclusions.

You don''t make me laugh. Not even a bit.

[/quote]

Club Meejah is wot u iz. I recognise the style.

"Club Meejah is wot u iz. I recognise the style."

Wrong again. You could make a career out of it. Electronics & antiques all the way.

[quote user="GJD"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="andrew young"]

NCFC are fine.

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Is it a Fact we are broke?

We maybe in debt, but which Championship club is not. However until we are declared bankraupt and closed down, then surely we are not broke?

[/quote]

"Broke" surely means "no spare income"........as it shows all too well with our scintilating "transfer flurry"...........

With broke comes stagnation....and that''s what we have at NCFC right now. Delia has her investments nicely secured in infrastructure.....so the former two descriptions really only apply to what we pay good money to see.....football............