Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

How does one "sack the board"?

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="A load of squit"]

So what you''re saying now is that at present theres nothing wrong with the way the football club is being run.

[/quote]

I see that you''re a little ''rusty'' - when it comes to Irony, Squitty. [8-)]

[/quote]

No, wasn''t replying to you, was interested in why an intelligent business man hadn''t come forward. Cluck has informed us that its because the clubs too well for an investor to consider it

[/quote]

You just continue believing it squit......[|-)]

[/quote]

You believe it aswell as you said it.

[quote user="Canary Jules"]Still waiting for an answer to my question. If the board goes, due to fan power or whatever, who steps in? If no-one wants to invest, surely we have to stay put with those in the job now. To lose them/sack them/hound them out without someone ready to come on board has to be suicide??[/quote]

You could wait a long time for an answer CJ. I don''t see a large queue of suitors lining up to buy the club either. Delia has made it clear she would sell if an acceptable offer came in.

If you were a multi-millionaire would you buy a football club? Its hardly a licence to print money and think of all the hastle you would get from Smudger, Cluck and a few others. No offence intended.

Ask SOB.

His old Mum sacked Colchester, Londinium and St. Albans in one fit of pre-menstral pique.

She must have a good idea as to how this Bpard can be sacked.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Canary Jules"]Still waiting for an answer to my question. If the board goes, due to fan power or whatever, who steps in? If no-one wants to invest, surely we have to stay put with those in the job now. To lose them/sack them/hound them out without someone ready to come on board has to be suicide??[/quote]

You could wait a long time for an answer CJ. I don''t see a large queue of suitors lining up to buy the club either. Delia has made it clear she would sell if an acceptable offer came in.

If you were a multi-millionaire would you buy a football club? Its hardly a licence to print money and think of all the hastle you would get from Smudger, Cluck and a few others. No offence intended.

[/quote]

None taken....and I agree that it must be a pretty thankless task. Having taken the job on though....the paying fans have every right to demand maximum return for their money.....and I don''t think DS has shown enough ambition or desire. It''s become too inter-connected with off the field activities for me and the team has suffered badly for it.

Unfortunately the DS issue is too wrapped up with divided loyalties amongst fans to discuss it sensibly....so only time will tell where it will all end. She really shouldn''t be a major issue....but she is....and that is worrying in itself for the future well being of the football club.

we dont need much investment all we need is for them to stop taking money out of the club

7 million ashton

2 million green

1 million mckenzie

in return we get frees and no hopers

+ we get big crowds - DS dont need to write books no more cos she just take are money!!!

JUST SACK THEM AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

None taken....and I agree that it must be a pretty thankless task. Having taken the job on though....the paying fans have every right to demand maximum return for their money.....and I don''t think DS has shown enough ambition or desire. It''s become too inter-connected with off the field activities for me and the team has suffered badly for it.

Unfortunately the DS issue is too wrapped up with divided loyalties amongst fans to discuss it sensibly....so only time will tell where it will all end. She really shouldn''t be a major issue....but she is....and that is worrying in itself for the future well being of the football club.

[/quote]

The Cluck has turned into an Oozelum bird!

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Cluck has turned into an Oozelum bird!

[/quote]

Impressive word...and only two hits on Google. Can''t compete with that I''m afraid....You win!............[:)]

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

we dont need much investment all we need is for them to stop taking money out of the club

7 million ashton

2 million green

1 million mckenzie

in return we get frees and no hopers

+ we get big crowds - DS dont need to write books no more cos she just take are money!!!

JUST SACK THEM AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!

[/quote]

An important point is that there is no evidence that the money has gone out of the Club!  It clearly hasn''t all gone into buying new players and there are numerous threads about where the money from the transfers has gone.  I am not going to repeat it all though there is clearly something of a partial explanation in the Board response today.  Whether the money has gone on loan players, the ground or the bank, it has not been taken by Delia unless she has been fraudulent.  I truly doubt that anyone believes that.

One thing I do struggle with is that before promotion, Delia said that breakeven was 16,000 in the ground.  I appreciate that wages have gone up a lot but so have prices and gates.  Revenue from the club shop was down by £1m last year so must still be substantial sum.  I don''t really understand how our revenue income is so far adrift from our expenses especially as there are no dividends or fat bonuses being paid out.