Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

How does one "sack the board"?

I''ve seen a lot of people on here calling for the board to be sacked but by whom exactly?

The board is made up of wealthy business partners , all of whom look out for each other, so without financial injection from outside sources (which the current board would have to comission), so how do the suggesting parties on this board expect it to ever happen?

Perhaps you should channel your negativity towards the opposition and get behind the team (assuming you actually go to games) instead of focusing on this improbable task and creating hostility amongst the fans. [:)]

[quote user="lurd"]

I''ve seen a lot of people on here calling for the board to be sacked but by whom exactly?

The board is made up of wealthy business partners , all of whom look out for each other, so without financial injection from outside sources (which the current board would have to comission), so how do the suggesting parties on this board expect it to ever happen?

Perhaps you should channel your negativity towards the opposition and get behind the team (assuming you actually go to games) instead of focusing on this improbable task and creating hostility amongst the fans. [:)]

[/quote]

Stop giving them our hard earned money and they will sack themselves......but that ain''t gonna happen while the happy clappies continue to fill the stands........[:(]

Fan power can get rid of a board or influence it as South and Chase found out. You cant sack them as such but you can let them know enough is enough.

well thats exactly what we need, outside investment. We need someone who knows nothing about football, is stupid and very very rich.......so an American?

[quote user="lurd"]

[/quote]

do u go to games? fans are hostile - it is there club and the board are useless so we should sack them - it is are club why cant we - we sacked chase and worthless- now gget rid of reel cause - smith and doomcarster - only then will we be grate again!!

as u say they are wealthy but they wont spend the money on us - they just wont it for themselfs and they keep all the money from transfers - thats why there rich - work it out - ashton 7 million - lappin 50000 - thats why there rich!!!!

dont listen to doomcarster spin! wake and smell the cofee!!

I go to games and i dont like the hostile atmosphere but people need to stop believing they got worthington sacked. He got himself sacked (albeit far later than he should have). Chase quit because he had had enough and made his money and knew there was someone to take on the reins.

If, like you suggest, Delia, MWJ, Munby, Doncaster, Foulger all quit, who do you suggest runs the club? 

Some of you need to get a grasp of how a business operates.. It may be "your" club that you support but unless you are on the board, you dont own it and you are ultimatley powerless.

[quote user="lurd"]

I go to games and i dont like the hostile atmosphere but people need to stop believing they got worthington sacked. He got himself sacked (albeit far later than he should have). Chase quit because he had had enough and made his money and knew there was someone to take on the reins.

If, like you suggest, Delia, MWJ, Munby, Doncaster, Foulger all quit, who do you suggest runs the club? 

Some of you need to get a grasp of how a business operates.. It may be "your" club that you support but unless you are on the board, you dont own it and you are ultimatley powerless.

[/quote]

Utter c**p...

Chase quit when Martin O''Neill quit and went to Leicester making his position at the club unattainable... We had hundreds of fans demonstrating week in week out making Mr Chase and his families life a misery... it had reached a point where the fans were never going to forgive him and he knew it...   I was at the Leicester game the day Martin walked out...  Delia & Co have taken no stick at all (and probably never will face what Chase had to put upo with).

Like any other human being Chase thought who wants to go in to work facing that week in week out???

Those are the reasons that finally forced Chase out... it was completely down to fan power...  then Mr Watling saved the club (not Darling Delia... She decided to invest months later).

I''ve read all of the threads since I asked who do you replace the board with if they are'' sacked''?

I still haven''t seen any answers apart from the comment that we need a thick american to come after us with shedloads of cash.

Nice idea but not likely.

So for those who want the board out now, take a moment to think where that will leave us. I''m all for fresh blood (and cash) to come in but if the present jobholders left us tomorrow with no-one to step in, doesn''t that leave us in a bigger predicament?

[quote user="Canary Jules"]

I''ve read all of the threads since I asked who do you replace the board with if they are'' sacked''?

I still haven''t seen any answers apart from the comment that we need a thick american to come after us with shedloads of cash.

Nice idea but not likely.

So for those who want the board out now, take a moment to think where that will leave us. I''m all for fresh blood (and cash) to come in but if the present jobholders left us tomorrow with no-one to step in, doesn''t that leave us in a bigger predicament?

[/quote]

For the love of God Jules.........why this paranoia that we will be left in disarray and dispair without Delia Smith?  Until offered...we have no idea who might take over from DS and Co. There may well be numerous interested parties....even Mandaric may have looked in....but we don''t know until it happens.....and this lot ain''t gonna let on.

DS is not Norwich City. We managed quite nicely before she rode into town and embroidered us into the frilly apron of a club we now are.....and we would manage perfectly well again when she eventually leaves. She did not save this club (how many more times?)....she invested in it....and that''s exactly what the next "owner" would need to do....invest.

I''m in business...and I can tell you now that I would not place one penny in the Canary coffers right now with DS and MWJ holding a majority stake. If I see it that way....then people with much more business savvy than me would think that way too. It''s a LOSER under the current structure.

It''s time to let go of the Delialalaland petticoat and learn to stand on our own two feet again as a FOOTBALL CLUB.....rather than a tin pot psuedo catering business venture run by amateurs.......

Some friendly advice, Cluck.

Take some time out for your rhetorical gland to settle down.

After a couple of weeks you will feel refreshed and ready to start posting sensible stuff again.

It has worked for me a couple of times.

At the moment you have a bad case of Posting Under Stress Syndrome.

Unless someone comes in with mega mills (for them) this lot will never give up power.

FOOTBALL must come first

Cluck, I didn''t realise I had paranoia!!! I also have no desperate need to hang on to the present investors as you seem to have interpreted from my last posting. All I asked was a pertinent question about who is there to come in if some fans had their way and sacked the board? In fact, we seem to agree on some aspects. You state;

DS is not Norwich City. I assume you mean the ''be all and end all''. - I agree.

The next owner would need to invest, just as Delia did. I agree

You would not sink one penny of your hard earned into the club and you believe no other business people would. Fine. That just brings me to my point that if no-one else is prepared to sink money into the club, how can you get rid of the present jobholders?

So my original question still stands.

However, I do think you are doing this current investors an injustice. I wonder where we would be without the tin pot psuedo catering business venture, as you call it, and Delia''s millions. Are you saying Chase should have stayed on or indeed he should have gone but Delia and Co shouldn''t have took over. Again, I wonder where that would have left us.

I agree she invested in the club amd without someone new ready to invest, there is no-one else

Theres a basic floor in Smudger and Clucks explanations.

If there was someone interested in investing and they''d been knocked back by the present board a PR savvy person would declare their hand and utilise the hoards of discontent fans to put overwhelming pressure for change. If this person or persons were so determined it wouldn''t be that difficult to publicise their intentions and force the issue. 

Or maybe its Cluck and Smudger who need to wake up and smell the coffee.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Theres a basic floor in Smudger and Clucks explanations.

If there was someone interested in investing and they''d been knocked back by the present board a PR savvy person would declare their hand and utilise the hoards of discontent fans to put overwhelming pressure for change. If this person or persons were so determined it wouldn''t be that difficult to publicise their intentions and force the issue. 

Or maybe its Cluck and Smudger who need to wake up and smell the coffee.

[/quote]

Firstly my "floor" is concrete....and the explanation for it is simple. That''s how the builders left it.........[;)]

Secondly....business doesn''t work that way. Investors generally have a somewhat more intelligent approach to  the one you suggest. They would more likely wait until the Board''s position becomes untenable.....as it may become soon...then move in with the eye to purchasing a bargain. It''s all about strategy and you never pay a penny more than you have to.

It may be our wish as supporters to see a swift improvement...but for investors that is not an issue. It''s all about price and timing........and Delia will jump before her "investment" goes through the floor.

As for coffee? I''m a tea man....Don''t like the smell of coffee........ so never touch the stuff..........[:)]

Cluck, I didn''t realise I had paranoia!!! I also have no desperate need to hang on to the present investors as you seem to have interpreted from my last posting. All I asked was a pertinent question about who is there to come in if some fans had their way and sacked the board? In fact, we seem to agree on some aspects. You state;

DS is not Norwich City. I assume you mean the ''be all and end all''. - I agree.

The next owner would need to invest, just as Delia did. I agree

You would not sink one penny of your hard earned into the club and you believe no other business people would. Fine. That just brings me to my point that if no-one else is prepared to sink money into the club, how can you get rid of the present jobholders?

So my original question still stands.

However, I do think you are doing this current investors an injustice. I wonder where we would be without the tin pot psuedo catering business venture, as you call it, and Delia''s millions. Are you saying Chase should have stayed on or indeed he should have gone but Delia and Co shouldn''t have took over. Again, I wonder where that would have left us.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

So what you''re saying now is that at present theres nothing wrong with the way the football club is being run.

[/quote]

I see that you''re a little ''rusty'' - when it comes to Irony, Squitty. [8-)]

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="lurd"]

[/quote]

do u go to games? fans are hostile - it is there club and the board are useless so we should sack them - it is are club why cant we - we sacked chase and worthless- now gget rid of reel cause - smith and doomcarster - only then will we be grate again!!

as u say they are wealthy but they wont spend the money on us - they just wont it for themselfs and they keep all the money from transfers - thats why there rich - work it out - ashton 7 million - lappin 50000 - thats why there rich!!!!

dont listen to doomcarster spin! wake and smell the cofee!!

[/quote]

The mind boggles

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="A load of squit"]

So what you''re saying now is that at present theres nothing wrong with the way the football club is being run.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, wasn''t replying to you, was interested in why an intelligent business man hadn''t come forward. Cluck has informed us that its because the clubs too well for an investor to consider it

Lurd - It is a good point you raise in as much as noboy can "sack the board" so it is a really silly to call for the board to be "sacked". That said I am with Cluck in as much as I believe, from the statements she made at the AGM, that Delia is beginning to feel the pressure a little (I am sure Cluck or as I prefer to call him Inspector Morse can come up with a really good culinary sound bite including the words "heat" and "kitchen" [;)]) so now maybe be a good time for somebody to make an approach, and based on what she said she appears ready for new money to be injected into the club. I have never bought into this great fear if Delia does leave, as Mello said the new board at Derby County is testimony to what can happen when somebody with some wonga and a great deal of ambition takes over at a club. As one of the "happy clappies" that fills the stands I would like to make it clear that I do so not because I support Delia and the board but because I enjoy the social occassion of going to the footy. I believe we will stay up this season, but the very fact we have been talking about the "R" word shows just how far backwards we have gone in the last couple of seasons, I await to see to what extent PG is allowed to rebuild the squad over the summer, but if it looks as if we are pleading poverty again thn I say to the board do the right thing by Norwich City FC and its fans and stand aside and allow some investment in the really important element of the "plc", the only element that can bring real success to the club.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, wasn''t replying to you, was interested in why an intelligent business man hadn''t come forward. Cluck has informed us that its because the clubs too well for an investor to consider it

[/quote]

You just continue believing it squit......[|-)]

You havent answered the question though, how are you going to sack people who own a club? How can you sack a board if there is no one take on the mantel? [:^)]

[quote user="lurd"]You havent answered the question though, how are you going to sack people who own a club? How can you sack a board if there is no one take on the mantel? [:^)]
[/quote]

They will sack themselves eventually once they have given themselves enough rope to swing from!!!

Reasons for this will be down to fan power.  If you are loking for evidence of this see my post earlier up the thread on the last days of Mr Chase.  This board will only be allowed to hold our club back for so long!!!

[quote user="lurd"]You havent answered the question though, how are you going to sack people who own a club? How can you sack a board if there is no one take on the mantel? [:^)]
[/quote]

Lurd

Smudger dosn''t do"answering questions". He prefers to keep chipping away in his own "logic and common sense"-free style

I think Smudger has made a very good point. I consider myself to be a reasonable sort of bloke and I have posted enough times on the subject for people to realise I am happy to give PG a chance to build his own squad and I am happy to wait to see if the board backs him in this aim. But to quote a phrase I do not have infinite patience and if the board sell us short again in the summer and fails to invest in the players required to build a side capable of mounting a promotion push then even I may find myself calling for the baord to go. 

Still waiting for an answer to my question. If the board goes, due to fan power or whatever, who steps in? If no-one wants to invest, surely we have to stay put with those in the job now. To lose them/sack them/hound them out without someone ready to come on board has to be suicide??