Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Chelsea handed easy home tie.' The Sun.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Just about says it all.

Dont it, Smith & Jones?

OTBC

[/quote]

They probably refering to Blackpool.... ;)

Yeah perm''s right, The Chelsea v Norwich/Blackpool game is the biggest difference in league places I think, so they’ll be expected to have the easiest game. Don’t think it’s anything personal against us/Blackpool.

[quote user="Efan Ekoku"]

Yeah perm''s right, The Chelsea v Norwich/Blackpool game is the biggest difference in league places I think, so they’ll be expected to have the easiest game. Don’t think it’s anything personal against us/Blackpool.

[/quote]

It IS personal against us, coz we''re s***e.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"][quote user="Efan Ekoku"]

[/quote]

It IS personal against us, coz we''re s***e.

[/quote]

Oh rly? The Sun called us s***e? How rude!

If you''re taking it personally that their club have had 250 million per season of investment for the last 3 seasons and we haven''t, then you need to :

a) Start touting our club to prospective bond-villains and money-launderers

or b) Get over it, because clean money very rarely grows on trees.

Chelsea handed easy tie, here are the cup runs of the top 4:Chelsea3rd round(H): Macclesfield - Bottom half League 24th round(H): Notts Forest - Top half League 15th round(H): Blackpool - Top half League 1            or Norwich - Bottom half ChampionshipManchester United

3rd round(H): Aston Villa - (then) Top half Premiership

4th round(H): Portsmouth - Top half Premiership

5th round(H): Reading - Top half PremiershipArsenal (if through)

3rd round(A): Liverpool - Top half Premiership

4th round(H): Bolton - Top half Premiership - Replay

5th round(H): Blackburn - Bottom half PremiershipLiverpool (out)

3rd round(H):  Arsenal- Top half Premiership - LostSo comparitively (to the rest of the big four) easy draw there don''t you think

[quote user="7rew"]Chelsea handed easy tie, here are the cup runs of the top 4:

Chelsea
3rd round(H): Macclesfield - Bottom half League 2
4th round(H): Notts Forest - Top half League 1
5th round(H): Blackpool - Top half League 1
            or Norwich - Bottom half Championship

Manchester United
5th round(H): Reading - Top half Premiership

Arsenal (if through)
5th round(H): Blackburn - Bottom half Premiership

Liverpool (out)
3rd round(H):  Arsenal- Top half Premiership - Lost

So comparitively (to the rest of the big four) easy draw there don''t you think
[/quote]

Easy is a very relative word. Depends what is being compared.

One could say that City are a successful club because we are cuurently 37th out of the 92 clubs in the football league structure. If that is your comfort level, then fine - for you.

Now compare our current situation with the years 1958-1995 - more like my comfort level. In most of those years a top six club would have been described as having a potentially difficult tie against Norwich City.

There''s a world of difference between ''easy'' and ''potentially difficult''.

OTBC

[quote]There''s a world of difference between ''easy'' and ''potentially difficult''.[/quote]There''s also a world of difference between the money spent by Chelsea, and the money available to Norwich.Any idiot can see that we''re not in their league any more, or Man Utds, or Arsenals for that matter, which is why I''m disappointed that you couldn''t spot it Bly.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="7rew"]Chelsea handed easy tie, here are the cup runs of the top 4:Chelsea3rd round(H): Macclesfield - Bottom half League 24th round(H): Notts Forest - Top half League 15th round(H): Blackpool - Top half League 1            or Norwich - Bottom half ChampionshipManchester United3rd round(H): Aston Villa - (then) Top half Premiership4th round(H): Portsmouth - Top half Premiership5th round(H): Reading - Top half PremiershipArsenal (if through)3rd round(A): Liverpool - Top half Premiership4th round(H): Bolton - Top half Premiership - Replay5th round(H): Blackburn - Bottom half PremiershipLiverpool (out)3rd round(H):  Arsenal- Top half Premiership - LostSo comparitively (to the rest of the big four) easy draw there don''t you think[/quote]

One could say that City are a successful club because we are cuurently 37th out of the 92 clubs in the football league structure. If that is your comfort level, then fine - for you.

Now compare our current situation with the years 1958-1995 - more like my comfort level. In most of those years a top six club would have been described as having a potentially difficult tie against Norwich City.

OTBC

[/quote]In case you haven''t noticed football has changed beyond all recognition since 1995 only arsenal, liverpool & man utd can compete with chelsea the gap is now huge the fact it''s an easy tie for chelsea says more about how good they are than it does about how bad we are. Since 1995 only arsenal, liverpool, man utd & chelsea have won the fa cup, we will never compete with these teams no matter how good we are.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="7rew"]Chelsea handed easy tie, here are the cup runs of the top 4:

Chelsea
3rd round(H): Macclesfield - Bottom half League 2
4th round(H): Notts Forest - Top half League 1
5th round(H): Blackpool - Top half League 1
            or Norwich - Bottom half Championship

Manchester United
5th round(H): Reading - Top half Premiership

Arsenal (if through)
5th round(H): Blackburn - Bottom half Premiership

Liverpool (out)
3rd round(H):  Arsenal- Top half Premiership - Lost

So comparitively (to the rest of the big four) easy draw there don''t you think
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

In case you haven''t noticed football has changed beyond all recognition since 1995 only arsenal, liverpool & man utd can compete with chelsea the gap is now huge the fact it''s an easy tie for chelsea says more about how good they are than it does about how bad we are.

Since 1995 only arsenal, liverpool, man utd & chelsea have won the fa cup, we will never compete with these teams no matter how good we are.
[/quote]

This is absolutely spot on angels!

Each year their stanglehold on the FA Cup becomes ever tighter. It''s got to the point where an upset involving these clubs is virtually impossible and they only usually get knocked out by eachother.

BlyBlyBabes I''m not entirely sure that your reply was to my earlier

post, I made it quite clear what the comparison being considered was.

but, for clarification, what I ment by saying norwich was an easy tie is this.

Here are the current league ranks of the teams played by arsenal, manu and chelsea

3rd Rnd         4th

Rnd         5th Rnd    

Total

Arsenal           

3              5

(replay?)           10  

Chelsea          90  

48            37 or

51       175 or 189

ManU            14  

now who has an easier path through of the teams that can realistically win the cup?

no we shouldn''t be considered an easy tie from our pride point of view,

but we are not a top ten premiership side. so we are easier than

blackburn or reading.

Sad but true - to Chelsea a home tie against Blackpool or Norwich would be considered as easy! Is it really that insulting for us? Chelsea are class and in a different league to most of the teams in the premiership!

I will be thats for certain.

Am only 30 mins away by train and got a hell of a lot of Chelski fans as friends. In fact, Staines is but a Chelsea town being its West London.

But for certain, I will revel in the atmosphere, sing my heart out and have a few beers too... So as much fun as possible. AS long as we get through that is...

ON THE BALL CITY!!