Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

Going down?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

I honestly believe 15,000 season tickets and the rest casual sales is a much better balance for ALL concerned.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Nutty.  If the ground is full it brings in more revenue, and it might give the board a boot up the backside if they''ve got to try and attract the "fairweather fans" - that''s far from being a criticism btw, I''m beginning to think we need the fairweather fans as much as the diehards, to make the club more ambitious for success.  It''s a sad reflection on the state of affairs in the boardroom though.  (Not all casual fans are fairweather fans, needless to say.)

In conclusion: if you feel like renewing do so, if you don''t, don''t.  And please let''s abandon the "my loyalty is bigger than yours" thing.  It plays into the board''s hands.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

I honestly believe 15,000 season tickets and the rest casual sales is a much better balance for ALL concerned.

[/quote]

In conclusion: if you feel like renewing do so, if you don''t, don''t.  And please let''s abandon the "my loyalty is bigger than yours" thing.  It plays into the board''s hands.

[/quote]

That is spot on Mystic.

Season Tickets are a good deal for diehard fans who want to go and can go to everygame regardless of results / form / entertainment etc.  They are not such a good deal for fans who are more choosy or who, through no fault of their own, can''t get to everygame. I doubt if many if any people renew their season tickets and shell out £356 or more through loyalty!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is spot on Mystic.

Season Tickets are a good deal for diehard fans who want to go and can go to everygame regardless of results / form / entertainment etc.  They are not such a good deal for fans who are more choosy or who, through no fault of their own, can''t get to everygame. I doubt if many if any people renew their season tickets and shell out £356 or more through loyalty!

[/quote]

I can see where you are coming from but we regularly have up to 20% of ticket holders not turning up. So sell the ground to season ticket holders and make sure that the tickets not going to be used are actually available for resale (the buy back does not currently work, hence only 92% turn out against Leeds with sell out signs for a fortnight)  Then we can have the cake , and eat it!Cake [^]