Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

Going down?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]After the Leeds result........................NO.[/quote]

Leeds is just one game.. we have won twice in the last 10.. relegation material...

im hoping we wont go down.. but it will be a long hard fight!

jas :)

NO!!!....All these posters that predict were in for a relegation dogfight obviously 1 dont go to the games and 2 just plain dont know their football. Teams that get relegated dont perform like we did in the 2nd half today and the 1st half against Wolves. Teams that perform like Leeds did today are the teams that get relegated. All we are is a very inconsistent team, that i believe is slowly evolving  into a top team again, not one that is destined for League 1.

To all the posters on here that replied no...TAKE A TRIP DOWN TO CARROW ROAD AT 3.00 ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR A CHANGE AND SUPPORT CITY RATHER THAN SITTING AT HOME DEEMING YOURSELVES WORTHY OF POSTING A ''YES WE WILL BE RELEGATED'' THREAD ON HERE......

I was going to offer a one word answer, but couldn''t bring myself to.

I was going to say possibly , as its hard to tell when we will get our injured players back etc, we are playing well in patches, but low on confidence.

I am not at all taken in by today''s result.  A victory at home against a very poor team who are now bottom of the league.  Doesn''t prove anything to me, as I fear we would have lost against a team like Barnsley today. 

Other teams at the bottom are starting to play well and pick up points, also.  We won''t finish bottom , but I wouldn''t be at all suprised if we were struggling to escape the last relegation place with only a couple of games left.

We also struggle to pick up any points away from home, never mind victories.   

My prediction of points from remaining games -

Luton (A) - 1

Preston (A) - 0

Coventry (H) - 3

Barnsley (A) - 1

Derby (H) - 0

Cardiff (A) - 0

Birmingham (H) - 0

Stoke (H) - 3

Colchester (A) - 0

Hull (A) - 1

WBA (H) - 1

Leicester (A) - 1

Ipswich (H) - 3

Southampton (H) - 1

Sheff Wed (A) - 0

Burnley (A) - 0

15 more points - total 52 points.  B@lls, I still can''t answer in one word, as I think 52 points will be very close to the last relegation place. I have not looked at our remaining games negatively, but i feel, imo, realistically.

Its only a game, not a matter of life and death.  There are more important things going on, which reminds me, I''m on a promise tonight....[;)]

I sincerely hope Norwich can stay up but refuse to enter any sort of comfort zone until 52 points are attained.

IF Earnie is here next season and IF Grant can add another couple of players and IF we can have a more settled injury free side I honestly believe we can challenge next season and IF available I would even consider a season ticket to watch it.

I hope these tickets become available but, if i had my old seat now I WOULD be renewing because unlike last season at this time I can see things changing for the better.

How ironic if this was also the point when season ticket holders jumped ship? The Club might well be watching this particular revenue stream before deciding, for example, on keeping Earnie.

In addition, our possibles and probables are finally getting league experience elsewhere. Questions will be answered and the close season will be very interesting in terms of comings and goings.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I sincerely hope Norwich can stay up but refuse to enter any sort of comfort zone until 52 points are attained.

IF Earnie is here next season and IF Grant can add another couple of players and IF we can have a more settled injury free side I honestly believe we can challenge next season and IF available I would even consider a season ticket to watch it.

I hope these tickets become available but, if i had my old seat now I WOULD be renewing because unlike last season at this time I can see things changing for the better.

How ironic if this was also the point when season ticket holders jumped ship? The Club might well be watching this particular revenue stream before deciding, for example, on keeping Earnie.

In addition, our possibles and probables are finally getting league experience elsewhere. Questions will be answered and the close season will be very interesting in terms of comings and goings.

[/quote]

One of the most realistic alternative views to those of my own that I have read Rudolph...

The fighting spirit showed after Dion''s equaliser on Saturday has even given me some hope that we may avoid relegation...

It has certainly made it very dificult for Leeds to catch us now  [Y]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Rudolph, I agree with most opf your post but I''m not sure about this part. I can see that season tickets sold is money in the bank that the club can use to plan for the season but I can also see how in any reasonably succesfull season, by that I mean challenging to be top six or better, the club would earn greater revenue from ticket sales if less people renew.

I honestly believe 15,000 season tickets and the rest casual sales is a much better balance for ALL concerned.

It was just an observation, Nutty. It''s based on how people have paid out for mediocrity and when the green shoots begin to appear decide enough is enough. What are people basing their judgements on? I find it quite confusing.

Smudger, I haven''t agreed with much of you recent material but see we are in accord with our caution. Just goes to show, nothing is that black and white, it is generally a judgement call based on available information. In that respect I fear your more extreem views on Delia and the Board are marginalising you, however, as your own person why care?

I agree it is confusing Rudolph.

Renewal time this season we have a new manager who is rebuilding the squad. He seems to be addressing the things many fans wanted done. Robinson has gone. Thorne is coming to the end of his contract. It''s obvious others will go and some won''t have their contracts renewed. Younger players have been brought in and the bright young prospect from the academy is getting pitch time and exciting the fans. The atmosphere in the ground is improving again. Yes the green shoots are there for sure.

Renewal time last season we had a manager who was coming to the end of his time and many believed that he was well past his time. He had brought in players that fans didn''t like. There was discontent and bad feeling at games and the atmosphere at Carrow Road was awful. There were bitter scenes and fans arguing and even fighting with eachother. There was no promise from the board to change anything and in fact they said the opposite so everybody knew that Worthy would be in charge again this season.

And yet it seems less people are likely to renew this time around.